Nissan Pathfinder - Page 3





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    12,775
    Thanked: 2464

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Nie seker nie

    Maar 3.0 het heeltemal anders 7 spoed auto as die 2.5 en 4.0 5 spoed autos
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanked: 335

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Nie seker nie

    Maar 3.0 het heeltemal anders 7 spoed auto as die 2.5 en 4.0 5 spoed autos
    Volgens die interwebs is dit Jatco 5R05 (5 spoed auto) vir die V6 en 2.5 en Jatco RE7R01B (7 soed auto) vir die V9X.

    '07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds
    '01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Boland
    Posts
    51
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    I'm not sure if anybody has the same problem but my white 2012 Pathfinder has a shockingly thin coat of paint. I'm not sure if this is a general Nissan thing but I can see bare spots in places where there is contact.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanked: 628

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    That is the treason I prefer metallic paint on a vehicle, you can be assured there is at least a thicker layer of paint. First the metallic paint cover, then the clear coat. Also if the paint gets scratched on a trip offroad, the scratches, in about 99% of the cases, are just on the clear coat. It is easy to polish out.

    A major advantage of a metallic paint with a clear coat over it, is that the colour never fades. A friend who was a panel beater told me metallic paint is the easiest colour to colour-match because of this.

    I have had several red cars, and if not polished regularly (which itself takes a thin layer of paint off), would fade to a flat horrible red in less than a year...

    BUT, when we buy pre-loved vehicles, we normally do not have a choice, if the right car comes along, you take it, regardless of colour......
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2019/08/20 at 10:07 AM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mvcoller For This Useful Post:


  6. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Boland
    Posts
    51
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    That is the treason I prefer metallic paint on a vehicle, you can be assured there is at least a thicker layer of paint. First the metallic paint cover, then the clear coat. Also if the paint gets scratched on a trip offroad, the scratches, in about 99% of the cases, are just on the clear coat. It is easy to polish out.

    A major advantage of a metallic paint with a clear coat over it, is that the colour never fades. A friend who was a panel beater told me metallic paint is the easiest colour to colour-match because of this.

    I have had several red cars, and if not polished regularly (which itself takes a thin layer of paint off), would fade to a flat horrible red in less than a year...

    BUT, when we buy pre-loved vehicles, we normally do not have a choice, if the right car comes along, you take it, regardless of colour......
    Thanks, mvcoller. Makes a lot of sense.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    6
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Hi all, I'm fairly new to the thread (as contributor anyway).

    I'm considering a Pathfinder, probably somewhere between 2011-2016, automatic. I'm currently driving a 2009 Freelander II with +- 170k on the clock, and while it's a really nice drive, very capable vehicle and fairly decent fuel consumption, the servicing costs are killing me. Although it only gets serviced every 24 000km, the services are expensive - twice now I've had issues setting me back almost R30k each time (with the dealers saying 'these FL2's never give any problems'), and I find it ridiculous that they'd only replace brake pads WITH disks, setting me back almost R12k at the last service... I also hate the fact that if anything goes wrong, you pretty much need to find a LR dealership...

    So...I'm looking for a vehicle that can do the same (or more), and is less electronic / dealer bound. We have a Nissan Xtrail (2009) in the household, which is only a pleasure - real workhorse (our 'bakkie'), and services rarely cost in excess of R2k. It only lacks 4x4 (and no, I'm not interested in the newer shaped Xtrails). The body shape of the Pathfinder therefore definitely appeals.

    My question: with the newer model Pathy's, these also seem to be quite electronic (knobs for the various modes etc.). Are they significantly more expensive to service and maintain than e.g. a plain old Xtrail? How would this compare with the FL2?

    Any indication of fuel consumption would also be welcomed, as would input on other options (e.g. also looking at older model Prado's)

    Thanks in advance!

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanked: 628

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    All Pathfinders are "newer" models and are all run by the same electronic aids.

    Mine is a 2010/2011 model and fuel consumption at its best (110kph true speed GPS) on cruise control is 8lt per 100, which translates to 12.5km per lt

    In and around town, with the current 265/70 x 17 mud tyres and a heavy tight foot is around 13. 5 to 14lt per 100km. Mud tyres are very rough on fuel consumption.

    I would say you won't be sorry if you buy one. The design brief was for it to be in the same class as and a competitor to the Disco and the Prado - in regard to space, appointments and ride quality.
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2019/08/26 at 08:34 PM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    George
    Posts
    2,772
    Thanked: 1027

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by dannigirl View Post
    Hi all, I'm fairly new to the thread (as contributor anyway).

    I'm considering a Pathfinder, probably somewhere between 2011-2016, automatic. I'm currently driving a 2009 Freelander II with +- 170k on the clock, and while it's a really nice drive, very capable vehicle and fairly decent fuel consumption, the servicing costs are killing me. Although it only gets serviced every 24 000km, the services are expensive - twice now I've had issues setting me back almost R30k each time (with the dealers saying 'these FL2's never give any problems'), and I find it ridiculous that they'd only replace brake pads WITH disks, setting me back almost R12k at the last service... I also hate the fact that if anything goes wrong, you pretty much need to find a LR dealership...

    So...I'm looking for a vehicle that can do the same (or more), and is less electronic / dealer bound. We have a Nissan Xtrail (2009) in the household, which is only a pleasure - real workhorse (our 'bakkie'), and services rarely cost in excess of R2k. It only lacks 4x4 (and no, I'm not interested in the newer shaped Xtrails). The body shape of the Pathfinder therefore definitely appeals.

    My question: with the newer model Pathy's, these also seem to be quite electronic (knobs for the various modes etc.). Are they significantly more expensive to service and maintain than e.g. a plain old Xtrail? How would this compare with the FL2?

    Any indication of fuel consumption would also be welcomed, as would input on other options (e.g. also looking at older model Prado's)

    Thanks in advance!
    By all accounts those FL2's are awesome but taking it to LR and getting taken to the cleaners by them, as they clearly are considering what they are charging you for the brakes is the problem. Ask on the forum for a good indy in your area and those service costs will drop radically, nevermimd being able to pick and choose quality aftermarket spares at great prices.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,919
    Thanked: 3449

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by dannigirl View Post
    Hi all, I'm fairly new to the thread (as contributor anyway).

    I'm considering a Pathfinder, probably somewhere between 2011-2016, automatic. I'm currently driving a 2009 Freelander II with +- 170k on the clock, and while it's a really nice drive, very capable vehicle and fairly decent fuel consumption, the servicing costs are killing me. Although it only gets serviced every 24 000km, the services are expensive - twice now I've had issues setting me back almost R30k each time (with the dealers saying 'these FL2's never give any problems'), and I find it ridiculous that they'd only replace brake pads WITH disks, setting me back almost R12k at the last service... I also hate the fact that if anything goes wrong, you pretty much need to find a LR dealership...

    So...I'm looking for a vehicle that can do the same (or more), and is less electronic / dealer bound. We have a Nissan Xtrail (2009) in the household, which is only a pleasure - real workhorse (our 'bakkie'), and services rarely cost in excess of R2k. It only lacks 4x4 (and no, I'm not interested in the newer shaped Xtrails). The body shape of the Pathfinder therefore definitely appeals.

    My question: with the newer model Pathy's, these also seem to be quite electronic (knobs for the various modes etc.). Are they significantly more expensive to service and maintain than e.g. a plain old Xtrail? How would this compare with the FL2?

    Any indication of fuel consumption would also be welcomed, as would input on other options (e.g. also looking at older model Prado's)

    Thanks in advance!
    It sounds like someone is taking advantage of you with those prices. Brake pads and discs seems to be a favourite add on for most dealers when you take a vehicle in for a service. I can get a set of brake pads for a Range Rover, front and rear, for just under R3k. Discs should be good, depending on fair use, for a couple of hundred thousand kms.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

    Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Nissan Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Al die pathfinders het 2H, auto, 4H, 4L.
    Navaras het nie die auto nie.

    Auto is maar net 4H met oop centre diff, 4L is centre diff gelock. So auto is n awd.
    HI Reenen
    Ek is in dbnville en wil met jou praat oor die gearbox van n automatic 2.5 2015 ek het reeds met Malcolm gepraat hoe kan ons in kontak kom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •