MediaRelease: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Viljoenskroon
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16

    Default 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Hi guys

    I am on holiday in Plett, can someone please help me with some routes nearby to go and explore please

    Blessings

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lonehill, JHB
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,272

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    There’s a place on the N2 to Wilderness, not sure of the name. It has been mentioned here before because a few years back the owner’s house burnt down and some of us donated to the cause to help the guy.
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    It is called Paradise 4X4 Trail and it is just past Wilderness if you come from the Cape Town side.

    Arum Street
    Kleinkrantz
    Wilderness




  4. #4

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoRoux View Post
    Hi guys

    I am on holiday in Plett, can someone please help me with some routes nearby to go and explore please

    Blessings

    you lekka close to the baviaans, as well as prince alfred pass etc...maybe not harsh 4x4 but a jol anyhow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Viljoenskroon
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    I have done the Voortrekker pass from Louvain to Wildernes

    Bit more technical but the 3.0TDCi Everest survived without any damage what so ever, just almost got hanged up the one time when comming down on the southern side but it was an amazing route and views out of the asphalt road.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    There’s a place on the N2 to Wilderness, not sure of the name. It has been mentioned here before because a few years back the owner’s house burnt down and some of us donated to the cause to help the guy.

    Paradise 4x4

    Here is a video for you to get an idea of what to expect.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZjXJqlysI&t=182s
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoRoux View Post
    I have done the Voortrekker pass from Louvain to Wildernes

    Bit more technical but the 3.0TDCi Everest survived without any damage what so ever, just almost got hanged up the one time when comming down on the southern side but it was an amazing route and views out of the asphalt road.

    Do you maybe have this on a map?
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Viljoenskroon
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Do you maybe have this on a map?
    Only the one they gave me but it is a bit grade 1 schetch, but it is on my Tom Tom

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Knysna
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    It is on Tracks 4Africa

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Viljoenskroon
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintinC View Post
    It is on Tracks 4Africa
    Quintin. Can Tracks 4 Africa only work on a Nuvi, or is there any other gps it can work on

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Friemersheim, Southern Cape
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,866

    Default Re: 4x4 Routes near Plettenberg bay

    It is on Open Street Maps as well.

    T4A works on any GPS....AFAIK
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •