Question 2012 ford ranger t6 2.2 xls transfer case seal leaking

Hi all

my front transfer case seal is leaking.
    Got a quote from ford r12500!!!!!

The quote inculdes:
    Last edited by hillmiw; 2019/06/20 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: 2012 ford ranger t6 2.2 xls transfer case seal leaking

Sorry to hear the ridiculous qoute its called stealing. My 3.2 same seal start leaking and they said about R5500 so I told them something I won’t say on the forum. In the past the seal kit was the adaptor and seal. Mazda same gearbox you can get only the seal for about R300 .Once seal removed take it with adaptor to any bearing or seal agent same diameter seal R39 just narrower. It took me about 2 hours to replace . I bought the correct seal for -+R300 at Mazda. You need proper powerbar to undo the nut. If in Pretoria I can asist problem overseas due to work only back 5th of next month. Feel free to contact for more info.

Forget to say you need to topup the oil you need just about 1 l . Again they want to rip you of with a price of R640 a litre. Fuchs in Johannesburg same spec oil for R150-200 a litre.

30 Litres of oil for the rear diff, that does not sound right.

Thumbs up Re: 2012 ford ranger t6 2.2 xls transfer case seal leaking

Quote Originally Posted by Anjo View Post
    Sorry to hear the ridiculous qoute its called stealing. My 3.2 same seal start leaking and they said about R5500 so I told them something I won’t say on the forum. In the past the seal kit was the adaptor and seal. Mazda same gearbox you can get only the seal for about R300 .Once seal removed take it with adaptor to any bearing or seal agent same diameter seal R39 just narrower. It took me about 2 hours to replace . I bought the correct seal for -+R300 at Mazda. You need proper powerbar to undo the nut. If in Pretoria I can asist problem overseas due to work only back 5th of next month. Feel free to contact for more info.
    Thank you for the advice im in capetown thanks for offering to help out these days you dont get that everywhere. God bless🙏 will def follow your advice.

I'm a bit late here but just got the same issue with my 2014 3.2 4x4 (out of extended warranty on 31/12/2020) and Motus Ford Cape Town are saying the seal is gone we need to replace the whole transfer case at R53000.

Can anyone recommend a good gearbox place in Cape Town Please

Quote Originally Posted by Anjo View Post