Polyurethane bushes

Default Polyurethane bushes

Hi gents. Glad to tell you that I have developed a range of bushes. If you give me sizes, I can make whatever you need.

Any questions, please contact me.

These are for a GWagon, but I have also got moulds for 70 Series LC.

If anybody has a 100VX that needs, please let me know as I will then make moulds for that as well.

The colour difference is just from different batches of chemicals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gwagon full set.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	531512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lc 70 series5.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	531955   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lc 70 series4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	531956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lc 70 series3.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	531957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lc 70 series2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	531958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lc 70 series1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	531959  
    Last edited by Henris; 2019/06/24 at 07:33 PM.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Polyurethane bushes

Talk to Bulli, I am sure there are dozens of Jeep owners that need cast bushes.

I know I needed them when I had the WJ.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Henris View Post
    Hi gents. Glad to tell you that I have developed a range of bushes. If you give me sizes, I can make whatever you need.

Any questions, please contact me.

These are for a GWagon, but I have also got moulds for 70 Series LC.

If anybody has a 100VX that needs, please let me know as I will then make moulds for that as well.

The colour difference is just from different batches of chemicals.
    A dab of black or blue or green colourant will sort that out. I find poly expensive .Where do you buy your chemicals. I need a shore hardness of 90 for a different product .

And for Defender?
    Defender 2.8i

People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening

Quote Originally Posted by albertvl View Post
    And for Defender?
    I just need to make the moulds.
    Just finished a set of moulds for a LC 70 series and for a GWagon.
    Next is Jeep and LR.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    A dab of black or blue or green colourant will sort that out. I find poly expensive .Where do you buy your chemicals. I need a shore hardness of 90 for a different product .
    Yes it is expensive, but it is extremely hardy.

I can help you with that 90. What quantity?
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

Yes it is expensive, but it is extremely hardy.

I can help you with that 90. What quantity?
    I was using an amt product that was expensive but good. I tried a different product but the cure time was too quick and the molds are smallish . I find it tricky to pour fast enough but it was half the price. Smooth on compared to some other brand also bought at amt composites. They tell me the Rand /dollar exchange is what kills them.

The biggest problem I have is judging the market. I actually haven't had a call for it this year but the problem with urethane that becomes expensive is its shelf life. In Durban with the humidity its not nice to open a bottle of hardly used urethane that costs a grand and find its gone off already. Alot of my stuff is prototyping.I can get calls for batches of two hundred of an item to nothing at all.This year there seem to be no hospital contracts because thats where the stuff lands up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to plunger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plunger View Post
    I was using an amt product that was expensive but good. I tried a different product but the cure time was too quick and the molds are smallish . I find it tricky to pour fast enough but it was half the price. Smooth on compared to some other brand also bought at amt composites. They tell me the Rand /dollar exchange is what kills them.

The biggest problem I have is judging the market. I actually haven't had a call for it this year but the problem with urethane that becomes expensive is its shelf life. In Durban with the humidity its not nice to open a bottle of hardly used urethane that costs a grand and find its gone off already. Alot of my stuff is prototyping.I can get calls for batches of two hundred of an item to nothing at all.This year there seem to be no hospital contracts because thats where the stuff lands up.
    If you send me the Cad files, I can print the plug and make the mould. Then make as many as you need. In the shore you need. In the colour you need. Here it is dry and the stuff lasts better. But looks like my stuff is not going to get time to expire. Using it quite fast. I also don't buy big quantities. I keep minimal stock.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

So explain this to me please. And I ask the question from a good place. Not knocking what you are doing.

If one uses this definition of a bushing.

A bushing or rubber bushing is a type of vibration isolator. It provides an interface between two parts, damping the energy transmitted through the bushing. A common application is in vehicle suspension systems, where a bushing made of rubber (or, more often, synthetic rubber or polyurethane) separates the faces of two metal objects while allowing a certain amount of movement. This movement allows the suspension parts to move freely, for example, when traveling over a large bump, while minimizing transmission of noise and small vibrations through to the chassis of the vehicle. A rubber bushing may also be described as a flexible mounting or antivibration mounting.

Would the fact that poly bushings be harder and less forgiving not take away a large portion of the reason you have bushings in the first place? reduce vibrations, this versus standard rubber factory bushings.

Or am I missing something here.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2019/06/24 at 07:02 PM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    So explain this to me please. And I ask the question from a good place. Not knocking what you are doing.

A bushing or rubber bushing is a type of vibration isolator. It provides an interface between two parts, damping the energy transmitted through the bushing. A common application is in vehicle suspension systems, where a bushing made of rubber (or, more often, synthetic rubber or polyurethane) separates the faces of two metal objects while allowing a certain amount of movement. This movement allows the suspension parts to move freely, for example, when traveling over a large bump, while minimizing transmission of noise and small vibrations through to the chassis of the vehicle. A rubber bushing may also be described as a flexible mounting or antivibration mounting.

Would the fact that poly bushings be harder and less forgiving not take away a large portion of the reason you have bushings in the first place? reduce vibrations, this versus standard rubber factory bushings.

You are not missing anything. The bushings on the axles are harder than the ones that bolt to the chassis. So if you look at radius arms, the bushes on the diff are 80 shore, but at the back, where it connects to the chassis, it is 60. This isolates the harshness that you are referring to.

One of the other faults that the people commonly do, is to lubricate these bushes. Then you have grinding paste. That flange makes sure that the pin stays dry.
    Last edited by Henris; 2019/06/24 at 07:11 PM.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

If you send me the Cad files, I can print the plug and make the mould. Then make as many as you need. In the shore you need. In the colour you need. Here it is dry and the stuff lasts better. But looks like my stuff is not going to get time to expire. Using it quite fast. I also don't buy big quantities. I keep minimal stock.
    Thanks for the offer . I cant draw so I just make the molds myself. I have been using aluminium on the two piece split molds and the simpler molds I have tried silicone as well as polyurethane itself for the mold. Not complex shapes and urethane is much cheaper than silicone and you dont have to vacuum pump it.
    I wish I could CAD draw and I wish I could 3d print. Hell I battle with my cellphone.. One way to slow the shelf lif is to pump the bottles with an inert gas like mitrogen or argon.But in the summer months three months is pretty much all the shelf life you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post

you get many grades of hardness for both rubber, synthetic rubber, and poly
    all you need to do is match the Shore hardness
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    you get many grades of hardness for both rubber, synthetic rubber, and poly
    all you need to do is match the Shore hardness
    Quite right. You need to dial in the shore hardness per application. Eg. against the chassis you use 60 shore. Else it drones into the car. On the axles you use 80.

Also something to note.

Polyurethane is always a chemical cocktail. This it is a mix of various elements that set at a specific "bucket life". This it can't be used on an injection moulder. It will clog the machine. Also if you mix a pot, the pot will set at the same time as the part.

Now go and look at what you buy, that is claimed to be polyurethane, invariably is a plastic. That is also why they tend to be so hard.

Polyurethane is expensive. Rubber and plastic is cheap.
    Last edited by Henris; 2019/08/22 at 03:22 PM.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE

I just need to make the moulds.
    Just finished a set of moulds for a LC 70 series and for a GWagon.
    Next is Jeep and LR.
    land rover
    discovery 3
    control arms

be great to have a set made up

2000 Ford Courier DC 2.5TD 4x4
    2009 Fiat 500
    2001 Merc C200K
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 manual

Ok. Let me see where I can find some samples that I can measure up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naami View Post
    land rover
    discovery 3
    control arms

be great to have a set made up
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE