Jimny operating temperature





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Jimny operating temperature

    Does anyone know what the correct operating temperature for a 2010 Jimny is? I have searched google and the forum and can't find any info on this. According to the OBD2 my Jimny runs between 95 and 105 degrees, is this standard or high?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,758
    Thanked: 227

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    I'm not sure but my GV runs exactly the same temps if that helps

    Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

    Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by daveysmith View Post
    I'm not sure but my GV runs exactly the same temps if that helps
    Thanks Davey, it does help!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,401
    Thanked: 1079

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    Does anyone know what the correct operating temperature for a 2010 Jimny is? I have searched google and the forum and can't find any info on this. According to the OBD2 my Jimny runs between 95 and 105 degrees, is this standard or high?
    Thanks
    90 degrees
    Sent from my iPhone


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,254
    Thanked: 475

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    What does your temperature gauge in the dash display? Is it sort of in the middle or towards the high end of the gauge in the dash?
    Regards
    HeinrichC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartenbos
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,737
    Thanked: 277

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    90 degrees
    Myne loop so tussen 87 en 90 op die Ultraguage.
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    What does your temperature gauge in the dash display? Is it sort of in the middle or towards the high end of the gauge in the dash?
    It sits nicely in the middle and doesn't move around at all

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanked: 475

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    It sits nicely in the middle and doesn't move around at all
    Same here with mine
    O▮▮▮▮▮O

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by jab2 View Post
    Myne loop so tussen 87 en 90 op die Ultraguage.
    Laat mens wonder of myne bietjie hoog loop, en of die sensor dalk nie 100% akuraat lees nie...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    I guess what I am concerned about is the 100 degree mark. When water turns to steam the cooling properties obviously disappear. I know that pressure in the system and coolant can raise the boiling temp significantly but I wonder by how much?
    There is no boiling effect happening in the cooling system (that I can pick up) but would obviously be worried about sailing too close to the edge...
    Last edited by Johnna; 2019/06/19 at 02:35 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanked: 475

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    I guess what I am concerned about is the 100 degree mark. When water turns to steam the cooling properties obviously disappear. I know that pressure in the system and coolant can raise the boiling temp significantly but I wonder by how much?
    There is no boiling effect happening in the cooling system (that I can pick up) but would obviously be worried about sailing too close to the edge...
    Will check with obd2 to give you more distinctive answer that it is sitting in middle and not moving.
    I use the Torque app with obd2.

    Never really bothered me to check temp as the gauge very consistant.
    Last edited by johan65; 2019/06/19 at 02:41 PM.
    O▮▮▮▮▮O

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 276

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by johan65 View Post
    Will check with obd2 to give you more distinctive answer that it is sitting in middle and not moving.
    I use the Torque app with obd2.

    Never really bothered me to check temp as the gauge very consistant.
    Thanks, that is what I am using to get my temp reding as well, it will be nice to be able to compare

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanked: 718

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Depending on the pressure cap it could easily be 118-120 degrees.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to stephenplumb For This Useful Post:


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartenbos
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,737
    Thanked: 277

    Default Re: Jimny operating temperature

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    Depending on the pressure cap it could easily be 118-120 degrees.
    Drove a 4x4 trail on a farm in the Karoo one very hot December. On a really steep, long climb, low range 1st, at very slow speed (no airflow through radiator except from fan) and with mid to high 40s air temperature, I have seen coolant temp of 110 and air intake temperature of 87 on the UltraGuage. Jimny had virtually no power and the aircon was wasting its time.

    Even with the 1800 in I have absolutely no problem with cooling. Maybe even too cold at normal road conditions and temps mid 20s.
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jab2 For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •