Standard Bank - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Standard Bank

Default Re: Standard Bank

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Is there such info for the other 4 big banks?

Anyway, newer information:

https://businesstech.co.za/news/bank...s-every-month/
    Maybe about a year ago there was comparison. At that time there was huge difference between the banks when the customers were counted into income limits. Capitec had numbers but they are in low income end. I cannot remember if there were two limits or only one. It is like 2 blokes inviting friends for a braai. One has 1000 flies and the other a sheep to offer.

We do need low cost bank but I am not so sure that Capitec is the way. Looking into the client numbers in the article I am concerned. January increase is double to average. Those who joined in January are definitely not going there to open a salary account. Those are people taking small loans. As a country we do not need more loans to buy food. If people flock from street borrowing to Capitec it is an improvement. I just don't like the business ethics or how they present the numbers.

Banking world wide is and has been in transition for a long time. When I was paying back my study loan international transaction took easily 2 weeks and a lot of paper. Today the same would be about zero paper and not more than two days. I have seen this transition and impact on employment in banks over good 30 years. There were no cards. It was a hand written small book, which showed how much money I had
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

We will always see things in different shades of grey. Agree on the new accounts for Jan by Capitec but if we look at the current 127 000 month which includes 14 000 approved credit card accounts we are not talking of clients at the bottom of the food chain. For business perhaps not the ideal but for most private people they offer great service and keep you informed.

I notice the lastest from Std to suck the last they can before you leave is to deduct a double fee for requesting a balance - 1 sec apart. Also I just found a lone R40 deduction for a lower cash withdrawal than what I normally draw. I have never in 20 years paid for a cash withdrawal on my combo fees option. Will have to take it up with them. I just don't like what I am seeing even if it is in error. Funny how errors only happen to favour the institution.

About all banks are pushing credit cards to people who should never have them. Petrol attendant given CC and petrol card. Doesn't know how CC works and doesn't own any vehicle. Just over 3 years back I was looking for somebody to rent a house. Checked many people. Those who were in deep end had practically without an exception Amex. If I remember correctly it was Nedbank.

Having CC doesn't say much about the quality of the customer.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    We will always see things in different shades of grey. Agree on the new accounts for Jan by Capitec but if we look at the current 127 000 month which includes 14 000 approved credit card accounts we are not talking of clients at the bottom of the food chain. For business perhaps not the ideal but for most private people they offer great service and keep you informed.

I notice the lastest from Std to suck the last they can before you leave is to deduct a double fee for requesting a balance - 1 sec apart. Also I just found a lone R40 deduction for a lower cash withdrawal than what I normally draw. I have never in 20 years paid for a cash withdrawal on my combo fees option. Will have to take it up with them. I just don't like what I am seeing even if it is in error. Funny how errors only happen to favour the institution.
    Welllllll last week FNB paid money into clients accounts mistakenly

Okay granted they did deduct it again, together with the transaction fees
    A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
    John Steinbeck

I used to be with Std bank for many many many years. I got gatvol of the crazy list of "Fee Fee Fee Fee Fee" and more "Fees" on my statements.

Moved to Capitec a few years ago and couldnt be happier. When I moved to Capitec they did not yet offer a credit card, but now I have one, just because why not
    High: KIA Sorento 2.5 Crdi 4x4
    Low: Mercedes C200K - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    I used to be with Std bank for many many many years. I got gatvol of the crazy list of "Fee Fee Fee Fee Fee" and more "Fees" on my statements.

Moved to Capitec a few years ago and couldnt be happier. When I moved to Capitec they did not yet offer a credit card, but now I have one, just because why not
    They'll be launching a new look for the cards sometime soon, even will have Tap&Go, the only thing I was missing.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/bank...ok-debit-card/

To was the 3rd month that my wife got a call from Std Bank icw a account that was closed and in each of the times she discussed it with them they sent a confirmation sms to indicate the account is closed. Each of the 3 months they just wanted to get the monthly fee for the so called closed account. This is just like Telkom.

Do they really think think they will get us to use their services again with all the new banks around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2