Cheap solar panels

Default Cheap solar panels

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested. ARTsolar currently have 100W solar panels on special for only R600 each!! I just bought 2 today and am very pleased.

You can find them here: https://artsolar.net/

It is a beautiful modern and very clean factory in Pinetown (just outside Durban). I think you can buy online directly from the factory too.

Hope this helps someone

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahari For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Cheap solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by Ahari View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone who is interested. ARTsolar currently have 100W solar panels on special for only R600 each!! I just bought 2 today and am very pleased.

You can find them here: https://artsolar.net/

It is a beautiful modern and very clean factory in Pinetown (just outside Durban). I think you can buy online directly from the factory too.

Hope this helps someone
    R730 online...
    https://artsolar.net/product/100-watt-solar-panel/
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

I know! I thought that was a good price, but I phoned them and they quoted me R600! I immediately went to the factory to collect and was home in an hour!

They told me that the panels are on special for 2 weeks - don't know when the 2 weeks started.

Nice price, thanks.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

These 100w panels are for camping etc? Iirc 330w panels are say R2k, thus 100w panels should be roundabout one third of price performance wise, plus obvious material cost to build, thus that price seems more than reasonable
    Henk Pretorius D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE
    EX AFRICII SEMPER NOVUS

any feedback on these panels as i need 2x 90/100"s
    Merit before Race - anything else IS Racism.
    Stay Calm, engage low-ratio, keep buggering on - a Landy Man
    Longevity isn't worth dying for,

Cool Re: Cheap solar panels

A bit of feedback:

I just camped for 5 days with the panels (with no camp power at all) and am very pleased with the results. The panels seem to be high quality, are well made from what I can see. Having been to the factory, I have to say it was impressive - very modern and clean as a whistle!!

Haven't had a chance to order the proper cables and monitors yet, so I just checked my battery voltage manually and it seemed to be charged before lunch every day. I just fitted some aluminium hinges, cheap chrome handles and a simple aluminium square tube fold out stand system with a place to peg them down so they don't blow over. Did it all in a huge rush as we had to pack for the holiday!!

I modified a fairly heavy +-20m extension cable to run from the panels to the cheap ACDC 20A PWM controller and it worked like a charm. It really was thrown together as we were leaving. First test was in the campsite as I didn't even have a chance to test the panels at home. Crude, but it worked very well.

I have a very old 100ah battery, National Luna 80L fridge/freezer, various LED and fluorescent lights, a laptop to watch the odd movie on as well as 2 cellphones to keep charged. I even charged my car battery off the inverter with a 10 amp charger!! I also charged about 30 AA and 20 AAA batteries for our lanterns which I never had a chance to charge at home! Power to spare!

To be fair, it was not a heavy field test as we were camping at Lake Eland in Oribi Gorge, KZN in the middle of winter, so the fridge was hardly breaking a sweat!! However, the panels only saw sun from 8am to around 4pm as we were at the bottom of the gorge. We were also away from the camp for most days from about 11am until after sunset, so the panels were not adjusted much either.

I could not be happier!!

BTW: The cables and fittings will cost more than the panels!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahari For This Useful Post: