Metalian Maxi or ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Metalian Maxi or ???

Been looking at some trailers and the Metalian Maxi really impressed me. What other trailers are in the same class/price range?
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 iMT
    2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi
    2019 Bush Lapa Miskruier BL1861

Default Re: Metalian Maxi or ???

Quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    Been looking at some trailers and the Metalian Maxi really impressed me. What other trailers are in the same class/price range?
    None, Metalian is the best.
    2020 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), 2019 FJ Cruiser, Bush Lapa ?, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

None. You won't be sorry for going the Metalian route.
    2008 Fortuner D4D

What are the different TARE and GVM weights of the three Metalians? The donít seem to show it on their website... or I canít find it...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Correct.
    Choose life

Agree none - my Maxi has served me well over the years.

I really don't think you will find a better designed and affordable trailer that comes close to the Metalian range.
    Metalian Maxi

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    That is a matter of opinion....
    2018 Mitsubishi Triton Athlete 2.4 DI-D with SuperSelect II
    2017 Conqueror Companion Platinum Edition

** Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice **

Quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    Hi Observer
    There is no such thing as the best.... but again that is my opinion.
    It is rather what you are looking for and what suits YOUR needs. ALL the big brands are good and everyone of them has some good points. Some have better insta awnings, others have better kitchen layout or a bigger bed others are made out of stainless and others not, others have better secondhand value than others.
    Go look at all of them, and maybe see if you can hire your top 2 choices for a weekend. You will very quickly know which one suits you. But if you look at the top 3 sellers.... they are all good.

For someone to say they are the best is actually not helping you at all.
    2018 Mitsubishi Triton Athlete 2.4 DI-D with SuperSelect II
    2017 Conqueror Companion Platinum Edition

** Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice **

Can't comment on the quality of the build.....yet. But, I have been chatting with Heinz over the last 2 days regarding a Mini and you will be EXTREMELY hard pressed to get better customer service from any of the other manufacturers.

2014 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 - Legend 45
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Mountain Edition (Sold...)
    Bloemfontein

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JeeperCreepers For This Useful Post:

Ive have had my Metalian Maxi for 5yrs and have been all over SA, Bots, Namibia, etc and have had absolutely no problems just great joy from my trailer.
    Great product with great backup.
    Suzuki Grand Vitara,
    Metalian Maxi bush trailer.
    Harley Davidson VRod.

Last edited by peyperj; 2019/04/04 at 09:42 PM.
    2014 Ford Ranger T6 Wildtrak 3.2 (4x4)
    Tough Dog Suspension, Rhino Bumper, PBE Dual Battery System, Takla Floor Covers, Escape Gear Seat Covers, LED Light Bar, Hytera VHF, Dick Cepek with Cooper ST/Maxx 265/75/R16, National Luna 90L Twin & 55L, Gobi-X Fridge Slide (Next upgrade - Winch, Snorkel, Rock Sliders, Alu or S/Steel Canopy)

2018 Volkswagen Kombi

2019 Metalian Maxi Off-road Trailer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peyperj For This Useful Post:

Last edited by peyperj; 2019/04/04 at 09:43 PM.
    2014 Ford Ranger T6 Wildtrak 3.2 (4x4)
    Tough Dog Suspension, Rhino Bumper, PBE Dual Battery System, Takla Floor Covers, Escape Gear Seat Covers, LED Light Bar, Hytera VHF, Dick Cepek with Cooper ST/Maxx 265/75/R16, National Luna 90L Twin & 55L, Gobi-X Fridge Slide (Next upgrade - Winch, Snorkel, Rock Sliders, Alu or S/Steel Canopy)

2018 Volkswagen Kombi

2019 Metalian Maxi Off-road Trailer

Also looking at the Metalian range. Think theyíre now called Bowhunter, Parthenian and Maxi. Very small differences in tare and almost same GVM - but may change if different axles were chosen. Especially like the way the hatches close - thereís something that feels extremely sturdy in there. And the higher placed rear LED lights.

I'm looking for a trailer that is not too heavy and it must be stainless as it will unfortunately have to stand outside. Must also be able to accommodate a 3 bike rack on the spare wheel and be as dustproof as possible. Other than that all the basic stuff, like a decent kitchen, water, storage space etc.Looked at some 2016 XT160s and the weight and specifically rust around the doors of put me off completely so this trailer is not an option for me.
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 iMT
    2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi
    2019 Bush Lapa Miskruier BL1861

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperCreepers View Post
    Can't comment on the quality of the build.....yet. But, I have been chatting with Heinz over the last 2 days regarding a Mini and you will be EXTREMELY hard pressed to get better customer service from any of the other manufacturers.
    I must reiterate what JeepersCreepers said regarding the service from Metalian.
    When I was looking at purchasing a Metalian Maxi, I was given excellent service and advice from both Heinz and Sky.
    They were happy to take fairly lengthy phone calls and send through detailed mails according to all discussions.
    The finished product is fantastic and one would definitely not be disappointed in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I did not end up going the Metalian route as SWAMBO threw a spanner in the works.
    After some fairly tense debates (and not wanting to risk the all picture but no sound situation with SWAMBO), I went another direction.

Buying a trailer is not easy when there are many great offerings but the advice previously given regarding hiring one and testing what works best for you still rings true.
    You will find the correct product for your application/needs.

I still find myself time to time going to the Metalian thread and the Metalian website to envy just a little.
    Hilux 2.8 D/C 4X4 AT
    Conqueror Compact II

Trying to upload PDF:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NTRyan View Post
    I must reiterate what JeepersCreepers said regarding the service from Metalian.
    When I was looking at purchasing a Metalian Maxi, I was given excellent service and advice from both Heinz and Sky.
    They were happy to take fairly lengthy phone calls and send through detailed mails according to all discussions.
    The finished product is fantastic and one would definitely not be disappointed in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I did not end up going the Metalian route as SWAMBO threw a spanner in the works.
    After some fairly tense debates (and not wanting to risk the all picture but no sound situation with SWAMBO), I went another direction.

Buying a trailer is not easy when there are many great offerings but the advice previously given regarding hiring one and testing what works best for you still rings true.
    You will find the correct product for your application/needs.

I still find myself time to time going to the Metalian thread and the Metalian website to envy just a little.
    I have had endless hours of joy with my Maxi. All the factors mentioned in this thread - design, build quality, service, advice received, etc. - make it an excellent choice. It would be interesting to know the counter-arguments.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

If a manufacturer can stand by its product and back it up with good reviews then this is already a selling point in my books.
    Last edited by Dp123; 2019/04/10 at 04:11 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie2 View Post
    I have had endless hours of joy with my Maxi. All the factors mentioned in this thread - design, build quality, service, advice received, etc. - make it an excellent choice. It would be interesting to know the counter-arguments.
    I have no doubt you have as it is a fantastic product.
    As explained, SWAMBO had to also be happy with the purchase and she had the following reasons for choosing our Compact 2:

- Kitchen setup (she preferred the layout in the Compact 2 which was very important in her own reasoning)
    - Availability of dealerships (we stay in JHB and the fact that a dealership is close to us was important to her for peace of mind)

I do understand that there are countless Metalian owners around SA and not just in the CT area but it made her more comfortable having a Conqueror dealership close to us should we need anything (mods done, servicing, etc).
    I was still happy to go the Metalian route despite us being in JHB but again, it was a joint decision and either option would work for my own needs.
    I guess in the end it came down to compromise.

I have been very happy with the decision we made and have had some incredible trips with it so far.
    Its very important to see what works for you and then deciding.
    We did this and made our choice.

I am still a big fan of the Metalian product regardless of the choice my household made.
    I don't think anyone would regret purchasing one.
    Hilux 2.8 D/C 4X4 AT
    Conqueror Compact II

Received excellent service from Metallian when purchasing a canopy about six years ago.

Bostoe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast