Nothing is sacred....





Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Friemersheim, Southern Cape
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanked: 1992

    Default Nothing is sacred....

    ...not even the leathered bound books of the Constitution.

    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...ution-20190613

    Parliament is looking into the disappearance of dozens of leather-bound copies of the Constitution that were meant for incoming members of the sixth democratic Parliament.


    As is standard practice, each MP signs for and is provided with a copy of the Constitution
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,036
    Thanked: 2347

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Article refers to a possibility of some members taking more than one copy. If true what else they will take.

    At least there will be a saving. No praise singer for CR
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376
    Thanked: 1058

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    ...not even the leathered bound books of the Constitution.

    https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...ution-20190613



    Constitution means in anyway nothing.

    They can change it anyhow.
    Sent from my iPhone


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanked: 1640

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Constitution means in anyway nothing.

    They can change it anyhow.
    Actually the ANC could have changed the constitution the first 2 times they were elected (they need 66%+ vote)
    Currently the ANC cannot change primary sections on their own even if all their members voted 100% for the change
    If the DA, EFF and FF+ stands against them then they would need every other party in parliament to vote with them 100% (to reach 66.06%)

    Problem currently is if the EFF votes with them then they can change it however they want
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/06/14 at 07:13 AM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    186
    Thanked: 146

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Annual supply of toilet paper💩💩💩

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Struisbaai
    Age
    58
    Posts
    412
    Thanked: 553

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Life View Post
    Annual supply of toilet paper💩💩💩
    Part of the cost saving for SONA.Looking at those sizes in Parliament its a weeks supply.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    33,337
    Thanked: 8708

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post

    Problem currently is if the EFF votes with them then they can change it however they want
    And if the cANCer drops the VBS charges against the EFF, they might just do so.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanked: 646

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    It sounds like it was similar to a work braai, where the first in line grab more than one boerie roll.
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

    2009 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8

    Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TOO FAR FROM THE BEATEN TRACK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    37
    Thanked: 29

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Life View Post
    Annual supply of toilet paper💩💩💩
    Remembering the scene from Dances with Wolves. The chap using his log book for that. I still get angry just thinking of it.
    The only sacred thing in today's life it seems is people's distorted sense of entitlement.
    Don't let schooling interfere with your education.
    Mark Twain

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punimog For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376
    Thanked: 1058

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Actually the ANC could have changed the constitution the first 2 times they were elected (they need 66%+ vote)
    Currently the ANC cannot change primary sections on their own even if all their members voted 100% for the change
    If the DA, EFF and FF+ stands against them then they would need every other party in parliament to vote with them 100% (to reach 66.06%)

    Problem currently is if the EFF votes with them then they can change it however they want
    The EFF stood with the ANC on land Expropriation. Even now, they are able to do so as they both have 2/3 majority.
    Sent from my iPhone


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanked: 328

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by LC Man View Post
    Part of the cost saving for SONA.Looking at those sizes in Parliament its a weeks supply.
    Another beeg saving is they do not have to accompany ALL Jacobs wife's.
    Pajero GLS Exceed 2014 LWB &
    Jeep Cherokee 2001 2.5 Diesel, Gone to Jeep Heaven
    Toyota Hilux, plaas bakkie
    Platkar Swambo's MB

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanked: 1640

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    The EFF stood with the ANC on land Expropriation. Even now, they are able to do so as they both have 2/3 majority.
    Your comment was not specific to land expropriation it was as though they can just change it themselves however they want
    Other parties need to agree they do not currently have free for all

    If the ANC went to the EFF now saying "We want to change the constitution for land expropriation"
    The EFF would jump on it

    But the image would also come through that it is the EFF that got it done
    Not the ANC

    And if the ANC wanted to change other things like how voting runs and so forth then there would be more chances of other parties standing against it instead of with them
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376
    Thanked: 1058

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Your comment was not specific to land expropriation it was as though they can just change it themselves however they want
    Other parties need to agree they do not currently have free for all

    If the ANC went to the EFF now saying "We want to change the constitution for land expropriation"
    The EFF would jump on it

    But the image would also come through that it is the EFF that got it done
    Not the ANC

    And if the ANC wanted to change other things like how voting runs and so forth then there would be more chances of other parties standing against it instead of with them
    My comment was in general. I just gave an example of what they can do, even if the ANC donít have the majority. They have the backing of the EFF in most debates.
    Sent from my iPhone


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanked: 1640

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    My comment was in general. I just gave an example of what they can do, even if the ANC donít have the majority. They have the backing of the EFF in most debates.
    Currently I do not agree with you on that
    The EFF has backed the DA in more cases recently because the EFF is working hard on the "We are the proper choice against the ANC"

    If the EFF starts constantly voting with the ANC on anything then their image as one of the primary opposition would suffer

    So although I do think they would vote with the ANC on things like land expropriation
    I do not think they would back the ANC on most things
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,609
    Thanked: 1367

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    That scum will steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes.
    Cheers,
    John

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,376
    Thanked: 1058

    Default Re: Nothing is sacred....

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Currently I do not agree with you on that
    The EFF has backed the DA in more cases recently because the EFF is working hard on the "We are the proper choice against the ANC"

    If the EFF starts constantly voting with the ANC on anything then their image as one of the primary opposition would suffer

    So although I do think they would vote with the ANC on things like land expropriation
    I do not think they would back the ANC on most things
    But the EFF did vote with the ANC on Land Expropriation.
    Sent from my iPhone


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •