Rwc 2019 - Page 28

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Rwc 2019

Default Re: Rwc 2019

You guys really do need to educate me, I thought that was the plan. Keep the ball up field and then smush them so they can't run it. For me the most exciting part of Japan's rugby has been the way they explode into runs and keep the forward motion by passing quickly. We suppressed all of that.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

On point 1. We cant play that type of game against AB. Its proven to lose a game. We need creativity which Rassie doesnt have or the least, afraid, very afraid to explore.
    Point 2. Yes and no. No simply because Tendai could have been red carded and that 3 try opportunity would maybe never have existed in the first place. So for me this is a moot point to highlight but i get your point.
    Point 3. Kind of accurate because if it truly was then we would have won each ball or 90% of them, something the AB does well. Lack of skill and ability at this level should be messured against the AB. Again the conversions and penalties is something that definitely puts points on the board and this needs to improve.
    Point 4 unlike that other idiot from the game between Aus and Wales who lectuers the players. I just hope we dont get a french ref in the finals.
    Point 5 mentioned Beast in point 1 and dubious refereeing is what this world cup will be remembered for. It seems that there is a.clear message that the refs must not be too harsh seeing we.now in the tier 1 category of play and the attention must be drawn away from them. Unfortunately they will always be the other team all rugby teams will play against. Its simply a ### job to be in

Just my take in the game thus far.
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Above all the questionable calls made by the ref, how was the finger hook to the head gear of Colby not carded??

I nearly threw my chair thru the living room window

Maybe I am wrong, may you clarify for me, I the ball is lost backwards from our team, and the opposite team is behind our line, but in front of the ball returning to his side of play, he plays the ball that landed with him or close to him, is that not offside?

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    But you really think "giving them" possession was part of the Plan?? I think not.
    So you kick the ball a couple of times and see that the opposition secures it every time. Why do you keep on doing it 50 times? It's either the plan or utter stupidity. If it was stupidity, Faf wouldn't have done it game after game without getting dropped from the team. That leaves planned as the only alternative.

The ref was quite fair in the game, bar that absolutely shocking comment about not reviewing that one player being taken out in the air. That was shocking to say the least.
    Last edited by George; 2019/10/21 at 10:37 AM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos13 View Post

Maybe I am wrong, may you clarify for me, I the ball is lost backwards from our team, and the opposite team is behind our line, but in front of the ball returning to his side of play, he plays the ball that landed with him or close to him, is that not offside?
    yes indeed
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

The game plan was simple:
    Keep the pressure on them, don't let them gain ground, smash them up front.

The game plan itself was executed perfectly. Yes there were mistakes, and if we did some of the basics right in attack, we would have put 40 on them. Japan had the vast majority of possession, but managed to get into our 22, what, 2 times? They couldn't gain ground on us. We tackled them backwards almost every time. They had no ascendancy. The only go-forward they got was a scrum penalty when we were 1 man down in the scrum.

The fact remains, we are into the semis, and we beat a team filled with confidence, on their home ground, in their first home world cup, who are only 2 ranking positions below us. And we gave them 3 points. Only 3.

Sure, Willie had probably the worst ever performance by a Springbok fullback, Am tried some fancy passes where he shouldn't have, DdA should have put the ball on the ground and picked it up again, Pollard missed two kicks, etc. Those mistakes will cost us against NZ (or England) but we still managed to score 21 unanswered points in the 2nd half despite our mistakes.

Did Faf kick a lot? Yes, because Rassie told him to kick a lot. But very few people are talking about Faf's defense. He was like a 4th loose-forward. The oke was everywhere. He hunted down attackers like nobody else. In attacking play he marshaled the forwards in the rucks. Our first try, 3 minutes in, was as a result of Faf's quick thinking, and even quicker pass to Mapimpi. The speed at which he cleared the ball to Mapimpi from that scrum was insane. Man of the match was between him and DdA. Tough call, but Faf scored a try after guiding our forwards through a 40m maul, and DdA fluffed a try, so I guess that was a factor in the decision.

Looking forward, we are lucky to get Wales in the Semis. For the past 3+ years, Wales haven't been able to string together more than 6 phases without messing it up. Gatland knows this, and Wales know this, so they adjust their game plan accordingly. If we play the same defensive game plan against Wales, they won't be able to break our line. All we have to do is give them the ball, and tackle them into the ground. They will mess it up eventually. I just hope that we sort out our attacking issues so that we can do something with the ball when they give it to us.

We have to give credit to Rassie and the Boks for getting here in two years. Coetzee wouldn't have gotten us this far. There's no way.
    Iwan
    2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD SWB (Gen4)
    2001 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 2.8TD D/C 4x4 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Oubie View Post
    Looking forward, we are lucky to get Wales in the Semis. For the past 3+ years, Wales haven't been able to string together more than 6 phases without messing it up. Gatland knows this, and Wales know this, so they adjust their game plan accordingly. If we play the same defensive game plan against Wales, they won't be able to break our line. All we have to do is give them the ball, and tackle them into the ground. They will mess it up eventually. I just hope that we sort out our attacking issues so that we can do something with the ball when they give it to us.

We have to give credit to Rassie and the Boks for getting here in two years. Coetzee wouldn't have gotten us this far. There's no way.
    I can't argue with either of these sentences. Wales will lose the game for themselves unless we fall apart for some reason. And Coetzee didn't have a clue. The only other coaches I rate are Christie and White.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Oubie View Post
    I agree with this - we mustn't forget the ****show that Rassie inherited.

The fact that he has managed to turn that around in 18 months to where we are seriously talking about our chances of winning a WC is nothing short of amazing, and something that 99% of coaches would never be able to achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos13 View Post
    I was on the afrikaans commentary and they said it was clear that Faf is under orders to play the way he does, Jantjies did precisely the same with the first scrum.

I believe that moments in the second half where he broke the pattern was him deciding to hell with the orders and he made an impact.

But I am sorry to say, with that game plan and with that performance, the cup will not come to us
    I hope Toks wasn't commentating: "ek het jou mos gesÍ...." one of his most irritating phrases
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

Quote Originally Posted by Lou07 View Post
    I agree with this - we mustn't forget the ****show that Rassie inherited.

The fact that he has managed to turn that around in 18 months to where we are seriously talking about our chances of winning a WC is nothing short of amazing, and something that 99% of coaches would never be able to achieve!
    Unfortunately very little people see that and only want to criticize
    Robert

'09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)

Wales coaching chat - "We know what the Boks' game plan is - we know what to do".

Mmmm - maybe not! Again, maybe Rassie is brighter than we are. Look how the AB's changed their approach when they needed to. Possibly (I hope) there're some things that we're doing that we haven't had to use yet - because of the quality of opposition that we've had.
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeling View Post
    I hope Toks wasn't commentating: "ek het jou mos gesÍ...." one of his most irritating phrases
    Ag nee man, ou Tokka raak so opgewonde dis aansteeklik.

Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Ag nee man, ou Tokka raak so opgewonde dis aansteeklik.

As jy dink dit is opgewonde dan stel ek voor jy kyk die game in Xhosa...
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Malmoer View Post
    The Japs are way better than what everybody thinks. The fact that they are 7th on the world rankings just shows that the process to be higher up takes time (If i am making sense)

Yesterdays game was much tighter than anticipated. The Japs were riding a huge wave of confidence and had the biggest crown yet at the RWC to date so PLENTY of passion as well.

I never thought the game was going to be a shower but i was seriously irretated with Faf(Yes i know i moaned about the moaning previously) and then very obviously Willie who should have stayed in the bus.

And then the obvious lack of finishing skills. But i think that was more nerve than anything else.

Their nerves will prove to be their undoing if they cannot master it for the rest of the RWC
    Says nothing to me, the irish were no 1 and lost badly
    Robert

'09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    On point 1. We cant play that type of game against AB. Its proven to lose a game. We need creativity which Rassie doesnt have or the least, afraid, very afraid to explore.
    Point 2. Yes and no. No simply because Tendai could have been red carded and that 3 try opportunity would maybe never have existed in the first place. So for me this is a moot point to highlight but i get your point.
    Point 3. Kind of accurate because if it truly was then we would have won each ball or 90% of them, something the AB does well. Lack of skill and ability at this level should be messured against the AB. Again the conversions and penalties is something that definitely puts points on the board and this needs to improve.
    Point 4 unlike that other idiot from the game between Aus and Wales who lectuers the players. I just hope we dont get a french ref in the finals.
    Point 5 mentioned Beast in point 1 and dubious refereeing is what this world cup will be remembered for. It seems that there is a.clear message that the refs must not be too harsh seeing we.now in the tier 1 category of play and the attention must be drawn away from them. Unfortunately they will always be the other team all rugby teams will play against. Its simply a ### job to be in

Just my take in the game thus far.
    A bit of a low blow
    Robert

'09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)

Name:  67aa2a20-5e2c-438f-a250-974db868d248.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.1 KB

Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeling View Post
    A bit of a low blow
    He is conservative in his approach to games especially when we in the business end of the WC and he will be the first to acknowledge thats his approach, which not necessarily a bad thing and he has already hinted in that direction when interviewed. Lets face it, its never been our style of rugby play to be expansive. We like it up front and personal whereas AB has a more balanced approach to the game. So its not a low blow just my own assessment to the coach who knows first hand where the action really happens.
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Name:  67aa2a20-5e2c-438f-a250-974db868d248.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  90.1 KB
    Oom hys reg vir a lepel skep
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Good assessment but some worrying areas to focus on.
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 53 ... LastLast