Puma Fuel Station in Muchenje Village now Closed

Default Puma Fuel Station in Muchenje Village now Closed

A friendly reminder to all self-drive enthusiasts visiting Northern Botswana and Chobe West - unfortunately the Puma Fuel station in Muchenje Village has recently closed and it is uncertain as to when or if it will reopen again this year. Nearest fuel station to Muchenje Campsite & Cottages is in Kasane town.

Wishing you all Safe & Happy Travels
    Haydn Willans - Camp Manager, Muchenje Campsite & Cottages

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muchenje.Campsite For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Puma Fuel Station in Muchenje Village now Closed

Just saw the update on your facebook page Muchenje. We were hopeful that, it will help. Do you know if its the licensing problem or supply chain problem, because the building looks intact and ready to go.

VW AMAROK BITURBO TDI 4MOTION

What a shame. It was superbly located and was a very new petrol station when I visited in May 2018. The owner was very helpful and given the location I thought he would do very well. He told me all about his grand plans to expand the shop etc.

Real shame and hope to see someone else take it over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Katanga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    Just saw the update on your facebook page Muchenje. We were hopeful that, it will help. Do you know if its the licensing problem or supply chain problem, because the building looks intact and ready to go.
    We are not sure what the problem is and with respect to the owner would not like to speculate - we do however, very much hope he is able to re-open sometime soon. It was very convenient for us, our guests and other travellers to have an operational filling station in the area.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchenje.Campsite For This Useful Post:

Hi Haydn. Thanks for your advice regarding the availability of fuel at Muchenje. I would appreciate your input in this regard.

On the Puma energy facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Puma-Energy-151756935576850/ there is a contact no for I suppose the fuel station at Muchenje. +267 77 159 939 . I phoned this no last week Wednesday and the person Ferney (Not sure of the spelling) confirmed that they have fuel available. I phoned him again this morning and he again confirmed that they have fuel at Muchenje.

Am I on a wild goose chase?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nf001 For This Useful Post:

Ferney is indeed the owner, so his info should carry some weight.

On the other hand, if the neighbours (Muchenje Campsites and Cottages) report it closed there must be some reasons.

So it looks like a gamble to count on supply.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by nf001 View Post
    Hi Haydn. Thanks for your advice regarding the availability of fuel at Muchenje. I would appreciate your input in this regard.

On the Puma energy facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Puma-Energy-151756935576850/ there is a contact no for I suppose the fuel station at Muchenje. +267 77 159 939 . I phoned this no last week Wednesday and the person Ferney (Not sure of the spelling) confirmed that they have fuel available. I phoned him again this morning and he again confirmed that they have fuel at Muchenje.

Am I on a wild goose chase?
    I'm not sure why he would say that, except maybe he does actually have fuel in the tanks but i can confirm that the fuel station is closed and has been for a couple months now. The office & shop is locked shut, there are currently no staff members on site to pump fuel or take payment.

Maybe there is a plan to open again soon, in which case i will make sure to post here on this forum the day the filling station reopens.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchenje.Campsite For This Useful Post:

Any update on the situation in Muchenje regarding fuel?

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Puma Fuel Station in Muchenje Village now Open

Good Morning All Fellow 4x4 Enthusiasts

The Puma Filling Station in Muchenje Village is now officially open again and has full tanks of Diesel and Petrol.
    No Credit Card facilities yet (09 September 2019) but the owner expects to have the card facilities in place by the end of the week.

Have a great Day