Payment of park fees changes - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Payment of park fees changes

I understand this but I think it is all about money, I am leaving for instance camp site 2 today and must pay the park fees for that day. You enter the park to camp site nr 2 and you must also pay the park fee, so one camp site generates 2 days of park fees revenue from different customers. I don't mind the extra fees it must just be spend well.

Already paid and received confirmation for Khutse and Mabuasehube for October prior to this. Will see if they charge extra at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Bos View Post
    I understand this but I think it is all about money, I am leaving for instance camp site 2 today and must pay the park fees for that day. You enter the park to camp site nr 2 and you must also pay the park fee, so one camp site generates 2 days of park fees revenue from different customers. I don't mind the extra fees it must just be spend well.
    The revenue from campsites called camp fee is unaltered by the new rules. What changes is the revenue from park fees, the permit for your permanence in the park for a given calendar day. Many people are also visiting as day visitors and sleep out side. Park fee is like a day pass. Each and every calendar day is charged.
    "make a plan to break a plan"

Just came back from Bots. Stayed consecutive nights. 3 nights Moremi, 2 nights Savuti and 3 nights Chobe(Ihaha). 8 nights in total. Paid at entry point (Southgate) for 9 nights in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    When I read the middle section this appears to be quite clear.

Let's say we arrive day one at midday, we will be charged that day in full. We then stay in the park for four nights. The day we leave we will be charged a full day. So Four nights and Five days.

It effectively adds one more day to your booking.
    That is my understanding, too. Quite clear.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

Quote Originally Posted by theunsb View Post
    Africa mentality. Milk the cow as hard as you can.
    I don't agree. I think it's a perfectly acceptable way of charging and they can charge what they like. If you don't like it, don't go there. No need to be insulting.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellie2 For This Useful Post:

Just got back from Moremi last week - paid our fees at the wildlife office in Maun but were told that we could pay at Southgate as well if we chose.

Quote Originally Posted by nf001 View Post
    Just came back from Bots. Stayed consecutive nights. 3 nights Moremi, 2 nights Savuti and 3 nights Chobe(Ihaha). 8 nights in total. Paid at entry point (Southgate) for 9 nights in total.
    First, I apologize for my lack of basic knowledge re the Botswana parks. If I understand the above post only one day will be charged per person and per car in these three parks, even if you move campsites. I think this is in contradiction to post #17 which indicated that if you move from park to park there is a charge per park, per day. Moremi, Savuti, and Ihaha are the three campsites we will be visiting in 2020. It is good news that when we transfer campsites we will not be charged two daily park fees. If I am misunderstanding post #17 and the above post please let me know. The added cost of park fees does add quite a bit for a family of 10. Thank you, Cherie

You pay for each park separately, for each calendar day that you stay in there. So, for example, if you get out of Moremi and move into Chobe on that same day, you will pay for that day both in Moremi and in Chobe. However, Savuti and Ihaha are both in Chobe NP, so for the day when you will move from Savuti to Ihaha, you will pay Chobe park entrance fees only once for that day.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ortelius For This Useful Post:

Thank you. It is nice having Savuti and Ihaha in Chobe, that certainly helps with fees. It seems that nf001, post #24, lucked out with not getting charged 4 days for his 3 nights of camping in Moremi. This is going to be quite the camping experience for our group!!!! Can't wait. Cherie

Quote Originally Posted by cccole View Post
    First, I apologize for my lack of basic knowledge re the Botswana parks. If I understand the above post only one day will be charged per person and per car in these three parks, even if you move campsites. I think this is in contradiction to post #17 which indicated that if you move from park to park there is a charge per park, per day. Moremi, Savuti, and Ihaha are the three campsites we will be visiting in 2020. It is good news that when we transfer campsites we will not be charged two daily park fees. If I am misunderstanding post #17 and the above post please let me know. The added cost of park fees does add quite a bit for a family of 10. Thank you, Cherie
    Hi cccole. It is important that you pay for all the nights at entry. In our case this was at Moremi. To clarify. At Moremi we payed for all 8 nights and we were charged for 9. With this proof of payment we entered Savuti and Chobe(Ihaha campsite 2) without any further payments.
    My understanding was that if we payed separately. (Moremi at Moremi, Savuti at Savuti and Chobe at Chobe) we would have paid for 11 nights.

If you want to be 100% sure I can sent you a copy of the invoice that we received at Moremi.

If you have more questions you are most welcome. It was a awesome trip.

Um, yes, I stand corrected! What I have written about paying for each park separately is obviously wrong. Park fee payments for specific period with DWNP is apparently valid for all their parks (except Mabuasehube). So, even if you move from one park to the other on the same day, you pay park fees only once for that day.

It seems to me that Botswana is the only country among southern and east African countries with such park entry fees policy (daily fee valid for any park), which certainly is very tourist friendly.

Sorry for the confusion.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

Hi nf001, Thank you for this info. I totally believe you and no need to send copies of receipts. It makes sense for the parks to do this as it eliminates personnel having to collect fees at each entry point.

Are you going to write a review of your trip? Since you did the same itinerary we are planning for July 2020 I would love to know where you stayed and your experiences. Thank you again for helping me understand how the park entrance fees were handled when going between parks on the same day. Cherie
    Last edited by cccole; 2019/07/11 at 11:05 PM.

Hi all,

I am in the process of paying in advance the park fees for our holidays in August 2020.

I understand that there are some changes in comparison with previous years.

I just want to ensure that my understanding is correct.
    Could someone please validate the following:

> CKGR from August 6th to 10th = 5 days for park fees calculation
    > Makgadikgadi from 10h to 11th = 2 days for park fees calculation

-> I am paying 2 park fees for the day of August 10th since I am switching campsite.

Is it correct?

Many thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by PACHAS02 View Post
    Hi all,

I am in the process of paying in advance the park fees for our holidays in August 2020.

I understand that there are some changes in comparison with previous years.

I just want to ensure that my understanding is correct.
    Could someone please validate the following:

> CKGR from August 6th to 10th = 5 days for park fees calculation
    > Makgadikgadi from 10h to 11th = 2 days for park fees calculation

-> I am paying 2 park fees for the day of August 10th since I am switching campsite.

Is it correct?

Many thanks in advance

No, you are not. The 10th will be one day fee for all dwnp parks. Last August, the day I left Savuti, didn't have to pay again as I entered Moremi in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Nambots; 2020/02/03 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nambots View Post
    No, you are not. The 10th will be one day fee for all dwnp parks. Last August, the day I left Savuti, didn't have to pay again as I entered Moremi in the afternoon.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Indeed, you are right, I misread DWNP Provisional booking.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie2 View Post
    I don't agree. I think it's a perfectly acceptable way of charging and they can charge what they like. If you don't like it, don't go there. No need to be insulting.
    Yes they can charged what they like, its an easy income, with Euros and Dollars, for a minimal input, or nothing at some places. No need to compete for local visitors.
    Johan Kriel

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    Yes they can charged what they like, its an easy income, with Euros and Dollars, for a minimal input, or nothing at some places. No need to compete for local visitors.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    ?
    Kruger NP is much better value for your money, then Bots or Zim or Zambia.
    Johan Kriel

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    Kruger NP is much better value for your money, then Bots or Zim or Zambia.
    After many years of spending our money not only in Botswana's parks but also in the towns enroute to and from these parks we came to the conclusion that Botswana do not want South Africans to visit and spend anymore. We are now going to target all South African game reserves and rather spend the money at home. Surely we will miss all Botswana has to offer (we have made lots of memories and friends in the twelve years we went to Bots - on average twice a year) but somewhere a line has to be drawn regarding cost versus tranquility and wild unspoiled places.
    Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 aka "Skillie"

Previous : Defender 2006 TDI aka "Slakkie"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast