Portable Battery Jumpers

Default Portable Battery Jumpers

Hey guys, i have recently been looking into getting a portable battery jumper kit, you know those little lithium batteries you can use to jump start your car during an emergency. There seems to be a huge selection available at very affordable prices. Has anyone here used them? Specifically on a diesel since i know jumping a diesel is far more energy draining than a petrol and all the videos ive found so far have been on petrols. If you have any insights let me know, im curious to see if even maybe the cheapest of the cheap $30 Chinese ones do anything, and whether its worth getting one at all or better to invest into the old school traditional packs.

Default Re: Portable Battery Jumpers

Hey, I bought one of these and it boosted my isuzu diesel in mid winter in JHB without any issues. And the bakkie was parked off for 2 months. I also boosted a e320 merc and those things need a lot of juice to start.

I now have one in all of my vehicles.

https://www.takealot.com/multi-funct...r/PLID44310796
    Shawn
    2006 Izuzu DMax D/cab (commuter)
    2006 Porsche Boxster 987 (toy)
    2004 Honda CBR600RR (toy)
    1991 Nissan Sani 2.4 (toy)
    Avalanche Mountain Bike (toy)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shawn5061 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Portable Battery Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by shawn5061 View Post
    Hey, I bought one of these and it boosted my isuzu diesel in mid winter in JHB without any issues. And the bakkie was parked off for 2 months. I also boosted a e320 merc and those things need a lot of juice to start.

I now have one in all of my vehicles.

https://www.takealot.com/multi-funct...r/PLID44310796
    Ah ideal, these are the cheaper Chinese ones i keep seeing pop up, good to see they actually work, really hard to find info on them online.