Thread: Rocksliders

Default Rocksliders

Hello Everyone.

I have been speaking with Monty for Rocksliders for my GV. BTW, Iíve just sold my 2015 and bought a 2019 demo model. So happy with it!

Monty said he needs minimum of 5 committed interests before he manufacture the template, for it to make economic sense for him. Understandable... I have 2 others who are interested and committed. If anyone else in this forum is interested, please contact me. You can WhatsApp me on 0828380616.

Look forward to hear from you.

Default Re: Rocksliders

Interested. Depending on price though. Is there a ballpark figure?
    Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ihtun101 View Post
    Hello Everyone.

I have been speaking with Monty for Rocksliders for my GV. BTW, Iíve just sold my 2015 and bought a 2019 demo model. So happy with it!

Monty said he needs minimum of 5 committed interests before he manufacture the template, for it to make economic sense for him. Understandable... I have 2 others who are interested and committed. If anyone else in this forum is interested, please contact me. You can WhatsApp me on 0828380616.

If his price and quality is good - no problem. My issue is more with the quality. I am talking of experience.
    Sent from my iPhone

Why don't you just speak to Uys @ Stofpad, as far as I know he has already done the homework (measurements, CAD drawings etc) they just need to be made
    Geoff Craig
    '09 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 (M)
    '10 Conqueror Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Why don't you just speak to Uys @ Stofpad, as far as I know he has already done the homework (measurements, CAD drawings etc) they just need to be made
    Spoke to Uys about a month ago. He doesn't do the GV Rocksliders anymore
    Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    If his price and quality is good - no problem. My issue is more with the quality. I am talking of experience.
    I will find out the price from him. It will most probably be an estimated price.
    I have done 2 lift kits with him personally. So far, I have no issues. Jimmy owners also had done some mods with him and everyone I have spoken with have given me positive feedback. He doesnít have his won workshop anymore though.

Will update the post.

I will find out the price from him. It will most probably be an estimated price.
    I have done 2 lift kits with him personally. So far, I have no issues. Jimmy owners also had done some mods with him and everyone I have spoken with have given me positive feedback. He doesnít have his won workshop anymore though.

Will update the post.
    Thanks, my comment is based on my experience spending many couple of K with him.

Parts out of spec and sent back, parts that I had to make fit etc.
    Sent from my iPhone

Hello Everyone.

I have been speaking with Monty for Rocksliders for my GV. BTW, I’ve just sold my 2015 and bought a 2019 demo model. So happy with it!

Hi IHthun
    I would be very interested based on price and design (I'm looking for round rocksliders like he (Monty)built for the Jimny) rather than the "step" type. I've fitted many accessories for my own Jimny and now GV as well as for customers and have never had a problem with his quality other than a front bumper whose powder coating was sub standard which was not his fault and which he replaced with no hesitation.
    Subscribed!......
    nevilleb
    Last edited by nevilleb; 2019/05/27 at 12:29 PM.
    Nevilleb
    2014 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit Auto - Full Steel Underwear - ATM ChipTuned
    Previous - 2011 Suzuki Jimny M18A - "Fully Kitted"

Personally I am a bit worried about the new partnership. When I bought from Monty directly everything was smooth sailing, great product, great price, great service. With the opposite lock partnership there are none of Wizerds products available on their website. When I called for sliders for my Jimny I was told there is one set available and I could come and collect, as I was driving there to collect I got an email to say they were not in Midrand but at the Nampo show. I then asked them to contact me as soon as they were back to which they agreed. It's now 10 days after the show and I have had no feedback, so I went and bought the rock sliders elsewhere.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnna For This Useful Post:

Maybe Wildog can assist

Hello Everyone.

I got the message back from Monty. Ball park figure for the Rocksliders will be R5800, ex VAT and installation. He required 50% deposit.
    If you are keen on this, please send me an email at [email protected] with your contact details.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    Personally I am a bit worried about the new partnership. When I bought from Monty directly everything was smooth sailing, great product, great price, great service. With the opposite lock partnership there are none of Wizerds products available on their website. When I called for sliders for my Jimny I was told there is one set available and I could come and collect, as I was driving there to collect I got an email to say they were not in Midrand but at the Nampo show. I then asked them to contact me as soon as they were back to which they agreed. It's now 10 days after the show and I have had no feedback, so I went and bought the rock sliders elsewhere.
    I share your concerns also. But if we manage this close, I'm sure Monty will come to the party for us. I will take lead on it.

You mentioned you got yours from elsewhere. From whom did you get those from? Can they do RS for GVs also?

I share your concerns also. But if we manage this close, I'm sure Monty will come to the party for us. I will take lead on it.

You mentioned you got yours from elsewhere. From whom did you get those from? Can they do RS for GVs also?
    Just to clarify my post, I have no concern about Monty's service or products, what I am worried about is the people marketing on his behalf. I sourced a set from a suzuki dealer who had ordered them for another customer who did't collect (got them for a great price) unfortunately I can't help with leads on bulk purchases

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    I spoke to Monty on Saturday, you can still deal with him directly.
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Deal with me directly. Every thing is as it was wizerd wedsite, phone number, if there is no joy speak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wizerd View Post
    Deal with me directly. Every thing is as it was wizerd wedsite, phone number, if there is no joy speak to me.
    Thanks for the feedback Monty, I really don't mean to harp on the subject but I am confused as to what exactly the state of affairs are.

Am I correct in saying that:
    1. The Wizerd site is still running and selling as per usual?
    2. Wizerd no longer does installation or technical things (diff lock install, service etc) but installs can be done at opposite lock?
    3. Opposite lock stock and install Wizerd products (even though there is no mention of this on their website)

Please accept these as serious questions and not stirring, as I say I have bought a few accessories etc for my Jimny from you and have always been really happy with the service and product, but I am really confused as to what the current state of affairs are?

Good morning.

Sorry for the slow reply I am on the road ofvisiting the branches..

a. Yes all is as it was.
    2. Wizerd no longer does installation or technical things (diff lock install, service etc) but installs can be done at opposite lock?
    b. Opposite lock affiliated shops does the installations.
    3. Opposite lock stock and install Wizerd products (even though there is no mention of this on their website)
    c. We working on this problem. But go to the Wizerd page.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by wizerd View Post
    Good morning.

Sorry for the slow reply I am on the road ofvisiting the branches..

a. Yes all is as it was.
    b. Opposite lock affiliated shops does the installations.
    c. We working on this problem. But go to the Wizerd page.

Hope this helps
    Noted thank you Monty, good luck with the new venture