Pafuri River Camp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pafuri River Camp

Morning,We are booked there for 7 nights and have never camped there.Is there anyone who have been to the above-mentioned Camp who can give us any information about the Camp sites. how is the campsites arranged?Is there any privacy on the sites?Is there any campsites overlooking the river.Please provide me with any general information about the campsites. Regards,

Default Re: Pafuri River Camp

Bump.

Also keen to have some info as have also booked their for 7 nights beginning of July. The park is unfortunately packed to the hilt so this seemed like the next best option as is just outside Pafuri Gate. Hoping to be able to venture into the LTFP for day trips too.

Have heard very mixed reviews but they all seem to pertaining to the tented camps rather than the campsite itself.
    Gary

Current: Khumo AT KL78; EFS Suspension; Stofpad Rock Sliders; Stofpad Bashplate
    Proud Owner: Metalian Maxi
    When budget allows: Air helpers; Snorkel (not necessarily in that order)

Was there many moons ago and I enjoyed it. The only problem is that you have quite a commute into the park, to do some sight seeing. The tracks in the northern part are exclusively for the lodges use.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Ask for and enjoy their Long Island Ice tea at the bar.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

Morning. We were there last year and we enjoyed it very much. No electricity and only donkey's for hot water. They bring some wood for the donkey's in the afternoon and come and light it as well. There is no campsites with a river view, that is saved for the self catering accommodation. There is some secluded campsites deeper into the camp. We took the 1 right across the swimming pool and it was nice and we parked our trailer underneath a bush and no sun at all during our stay. The only problem was that the 10m cabel on the solar panel was to short to secure charging during the day. We could not move the panel around during the day as we were inside Kruger. We were there 27th April to 1 May and I think we were the only campers that stayed the entire weekend. There was some overlanders in there hired rigs for a day or 2 and then they left. No problems or noise what so ever. I will go back and will pick the campsite I liked most and not worry about privacy. Most campsite is separated from each other by some bush. Go and enjoy it and the gate into Kruger is a pleasure as there was never more than one vehicle before us entering.
    Herman
    ns. They sell some nice hardwood along the road the last 50k's. Beter than the one's they selling at the camp.

2016 Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4 Dc
    2010 Conqueror Compact 2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post: