Gas bottle for Echo 4





Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fish Hoek
    Age
    60
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 15

    Default Gas bottle for Echo 4

    The older Echo trailers have a gas bottle compartment that is only 29 cm deep. Which presents a problem since all new generation gas bottles seem to be at least 32 ++ cm high.
    Even my old generation 5 kg bottle with regulator is higher that 29 cm.

    My options seems to be :

    1) find a gas bottle that is less than 29 cm high with regulator - does any anybody know where I can find that ??
    2) Fit an inline regulator - does that exist and where do I find it ??
    3) Fit a high pressure gas stove - any suggestions ??

    I need some advice please.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    56
    Posts
    769
    Thanked: 134

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Quote Originally Posted by TheoP View Post
    The older Echo trailers have a gas bottle compartment that is only 29 cm deep. Which presents a problem since all new generation gas bottles seem to be at least 32 ++ cm high.
    Even my old generation 5 kg bottle with regulator is higher that 29 cm.

    My options seems to be :

    1) find a gas bottle that is less than 29 cm high with regulator - does any anybody know where I can find that ??
    2) Fit an inline regulator - does that exist and where do I find it ??
    3) Fit a high pressure gas stove - any suggestions ??

    I need some advice please.

    Thanks
    Echo can refit the new plastic bumpers that take the new gas bottles. Or you go look at cash crusaders for the the old type bottles that fit (cheaper option).

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to vnielsen For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanked: 98

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Look at the Pabar gas bottles, they make both a #7 and #10 size bottles which has very similar dimensions as the old Cadac bottles. The new Chinese made Cadac bottles rated in kgs do not fit the older brackets.
    Geoff Craig
    '98 Suzuki Samurai - Sami the Samurai
    '09 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 (M)
    '10 Conqueror Comfort

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wave For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Quote Originally Posted by vnielsen View Post
    Echo can refit the new plastic bumpers that take the new gas bottles. Or you go look at cash crusaders for the the old type bottles that fit (cheaper option).
    Same predicament here - any idea of the cost of the bumpers?
    Tx

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pretoria (PvR)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    670
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    I have two Echo bumpers that I bought for spares.It is the newer ones that are made for the larger bottles.I bought it for R 1500.00 second hand.If I get my money back you can have them.
    Albert Gravett
    Isuzu KB6 3.0 D-Teq D/C 4x4 Auto
    ORRA Call Sign B66

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Hi Albert
    Thanks - does it look like this more or less?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pretoria (PvR)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    670
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Yip, dis presies hulle.Jy kan my bel by 08twee 87nege 049vier
    Albert Gravett
    Isuzu KB6 3.0 D-Teq D/C 4x4 Auto
    ORRA Call Sign B66

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Dankie Albert - kontak jou more of so. (Net eers 'n ander hekkie oorsteek)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    56
    Posts
    769
    Thanked: 134

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertG View Post
    Yip, dis presies hulle.Jy kan my bel by 08twee 87nege 049vier
    If Pieter doesn’t take them, I will.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,099
    Thanked: 642

    Default Re: Gas bottle for Echo 4

    Hi Albert

    Many thanks but I won't be taking up your offer unfortunately.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •