Discovery 3 Discovery help in Nelspruit

Default Discovery help in Nelspruit

Hi. On Thursday night whilst in Kruger I discovered that my Disco3 front wheel bearing had failed. We were due to return to Durban early on Friday morning. I contacted Alexander Forbes (my short term insurance company) after hours on Thursday evening who very efficiently arranged for the vehicle to be picked up first thing on Friday morning on a flat bed and transported to Nelspruit. The deal is that they will transport your vehicle to the nearest town where there is a dealer for the respective brand. First thing Friday morning I called Land Rover Nelspruit who advised that they donít keep the necessary part in stock and that I would need to get the vehicle to them after which it would be inspected and parts ordered from Joburg to arrive on Monday when the job could be done. Not satisfactory.
    My reason for posting this note is to advise that, through this forum, I found an indy by the name of Johan Nel, trading as Landtech Auto in Nelspruit (013 752 2935 or 079 364 7933) who not only had a new and used front hub/bearing in stock but also dropped everything he was doing to sort me out and got us back on the road in just over an hour. He made my wife and I feel comfortable while we waited and turned what initially looked like a nightmare into a pleasant experience - not that breakdowns whilst on holiday are ever that pleasant.
    Incidently, Johan has a second leg to his business which is stripping Disco 3ís and 2ís as well as later model Freelanders for used spares.
    I hope the above might help someone someday.

Default Re: Discovery help in Nelspruit

Quote Originally Posted by Don P View Post
    My reason for posting this note is to advise that, through this forum, I found an indy by the name of Johan Nel, trading as Landtech Auto in Nelspruit (013 752 2935 or 079 364 7933) who not only had a new and used front hub/bearing in stock but also dropped everything he was doing to sort me out and got us back on the road in just over an hour. He made my wife and I feel comfortable while we waited and turned what initially looked like a nightmare into a pleasant experience - not that breakdowns whilst on holiday are ever that pleasant.
    Incidently, Johan has a second leg to his business which is stripping Disco 3ís and 2ís as well as later model Freelanders for used spares.
    I hope the above might help someone someday.
    Johan is always willing to help...I am getting all my Disco parts from him, new and used..
    1997 Discovery 1 300 TD i ...Old Faithful (Sold) Rusty
    2006 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV 6...not sure yet ? (Scrapped) Could not last
    2011 Toyota Fortuner D4D 4x4 Man

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LRTDV6 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Discovery help in Nelspruit

That is good news. The Lowveld has needed a good independent workshop for many years.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post: