Jeep Wrangler TJ





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Jeep Wrangler TJ

    I have just bought a 2005 TJ in JHB with 48000 Km . Jeep is like new. We are busy driving back to Mosselbay and I am pleasantly surprised the way it handles highway roads 110-120Km/h. Anybody know where I can source towbar ? Andre

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    58
    Posts
    278
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Try Maniac 4X4 in Montague Gardens for the towbar.
    0215524477
    Sue

    Jeep XJ 4.0
    Jeep WJ 4.7 V8


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Try Maniac 4X4 in Montague Gardens for the towbar.
    0215524477
    Thanx will do

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,152
    Thanked: 10248

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Burnco?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanked: 480

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Hi Grotman,

    You can also try American SUV.

    Post some pics of the new ride.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    Hi Grotman,

    You can also try American SUV.

    Post some pics of the new ride.
    I am in Diaz at the moment .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190515-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	528864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190515_155904.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	528865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190515-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	528866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190517_150226.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	528867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190515-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	528868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190515-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	528869Attachment 528870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190515-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	528871

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    Hi Grotman,

    You can also try American SUV.

    Post some pics of the new ride.
    I see you are close to me. I was informed to stay away from Wrangler Tech. Do you know them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanked: 480

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grotman-WP View Post
    I see you are close to me. I was informed to stay away from Wrangler Tech. Do you know them
    Not really.

    I do my maintenance myself with a mechanic friend supervising.

    If you want someone else to do it I would try rtech in mosselbaai, they service our work bakkies and we are happy with them.

    This is my TJ


    Will wave if I see your TJ
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanked: 201

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Seems like a good buy for an Ď05 with only 48Kkm on clock also looks pretty unmolested from pics. Canít be too many TJís like that left on the market. Congrats!
    '06 TJ Wranger | 4.0L Auto| 4.5" Lift | 35" Copper STT | 15" MT Classic II Black | 4.88 Gears

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    34
    Posts
    477
    Thanked: 50

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    What did it cost you, looks in good shape.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post
    what did it cost you, looks in good shape.
    r140000

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by GasHog View Post
    Seems like a good buy for an Ď05 with only 48Kkm on clock also looks pretty unmolested from pics. Canít be too many TJís like that left on the market. Congrats!
    One owner from new . I bought it directly from him. Mopar front and back bumpers with air suspension at the back. Lifted by 50mm and 4 brand new tyres .I dont want oversize tyre so will have have to sell and buy normal size . The speedo under reads by about 10Km/h and it plays havoc with the gearing in overdrive

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanked: 480

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grotman-WP View Post
    One owner from new . I bought it directly from him. Mopar front and back bumpers with air suspension at the back. Lifted by 50mm and 4 brand new tyres .I dont want oversize tyre so will have have to sell and buy normal size . The speedo under reads by about 10Km/h and it plays havoc with the gearing in overdrive
    What size tyres do you have on?

    I have 33" and added 4.56 diff ratios which makes the overdrive gear usable again.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    What size tyres do you have on?

    I have 33" and added 4.56 diff ratios which makes the overdrive gear usable again.
    Photos of the tyres .Has only done 2000 KmClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_072945.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	528912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_072950.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	528913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190521_073040.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	528914

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanked: 480

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    What do you plan to do with the TJ?

    If it is going to be used as a toy I would not go with smaller tyres.
    On 31" tyres I reckon 4.10 diff ratios should do the trick.
    (Once you start modding a Jeep it gets kind of addictive, so I would go lower. )

    Having the correct ratios vs tyres is the best mod you can do with a TJ.
    It is very frustrating having the overdrive gear kicking back to 3rd at just a hint of an uphill.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanked: 201

    Default Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grotman-WP View Post
    One owner from new . I bought it directly from him. Mopar front and back bumpers with air suspension at the back. Lifted by 50mm and 4 brand new tyres .I dont want oversize tyre so will have have to sell and buy normal size . The speedo under reads by about 10Km/h and it plays havoc with the gearing in overdrive
    Price paid is also really good!

    You can get a speedo gear to compensate for tyre change/difference, cheap fix if you can find it locally - https://www.quadratec.com/c/referenc...ar-tooth-chart

    Ultimately a re-gear would be best if you want to run larger tyres.
    Last edited by GasHog; 2019/05/21 at 09:54 AM.
    '06 TJ Wranger | 4.0L Auto| 4.5" Lift | 35" Copper STT | 15" MT Classic II Black | 4.88 Gears

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    What do you plan to do with the TJ?

    If it is going to be used as a toy I would not go with smaller tyres.
    On 31" tyres I reckon 4.10 diff ratios should do the trick.
    (Once you start modding a Jeep it gets kind of addictive, so I would go lower. )

    Having the correct ratios vs tyres is the best mod you can do with a TJ.
    It is very frustrating having the overdrive gear kicking back to 3rd at just a hint of an uphill.
    It will be my daily drive and will probably remove the lift kit and rear air suspension .Take it back to original

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanked: 480

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Grotman-WP View Post
    It will be my daily drive and will probably remove the lift kit and rear air suspension .Take it back to original
    It sounds like your suspension is properly sorted, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't mess with it and just change to smaller tyres.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Plattekloof
    Age
    58
    Posts
    54
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    It sounds like your suspension is properly sorted, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't mess with it and just change to smaller tyres.
    There is a vibration on the drivetrain.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chintsa East
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,305
    Thanked: 409

    Default Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ

    Congrats I got myself a 2006 with 78000km last year. Also paid R140k you did well there very nice buy.

    Be careful your other vehicles will sit in the garage....

    Have you got two tops for it, the sunrider is very nice, have it on all the time.
    2013 Disco 4 XS Lifted
    Toyota Yaris, Swambo's shopping basket
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2006 the worsies car for the beach(what a car!! )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •