KB5 window regulator

Default KB5 window regulator

Hi All,

My 2012 KB5 is having issues with the front passenger window. The glass jams sideway when trying to open the window. Needless to say the window has been kept close the past few months.

I asked Isuzu to look at it but they quoted R8000 for a new regulator which I think is absurd. Any ideas on if the regulator can be repaired or any other tips?

Thanks!

Default Re: KB5 window regulator

Quote Originally Posted by Drenalinjunkie View Post
    Hi All,

My 2012 KB5 is having issues with the front passenger window. The glass jams sideway when trying to open the window. Needless to say the window has been kept close the past few months.

I asked Isuzu to look at it but they quoted R8000 for a new regulator which I think is absurd. Any ideas on if the regulator can be repaired or any other tips?

Thanks!
    Have u tried scrap yards ?
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

Try your local spares shop to find you a new one. They should be available

Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    Have u tried scrap yards ?
    Not yet. Will do so. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Try your local spares shop to find you a new one. They should be available
    I had a chat with Goldwagen but they do not make one for the Isuzus. Will try my local Midas as well.

What's your real location? I can help. Strip .. clean .. dry lube .. assemble. PM me.

Gents, thank you for the offers of help. Appreciate it.

Some feedback... since the vehicle was new I complained to the dealership that the front passenger window was sticky. I had a bit of spare time for a change this morning. Previously the dealership claimed that they removed the panel and checked every time and relubed all and found all in order. Needless to say when I removed the panel it was obvious it had NEVER been removed. Even the plastic with butylin was perfect!

First observation was that one fo the window rubbers had torn causing the window to jam... second observation... this jam caused one of the guide arms to pull out of its teflon bushings riding in one of the rails.

Quick fix, superglue the window rubber back in place and lube them with silicone oil. Second one was slightly more difficult but I managed to get the guide arm back into the teflon bushing with an F-clamp.

Results... window running better than ever before and I saved myself R8k. I love Isuzus but absolutely hate the stealers due to crap like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drenalinjunkie For This Useful Post:

I am so disappointed in you. Not granting me the opportunity to showcase my superior KB window knowledge. Not that you need much as you saw for yourself. I agree, the stealers tend to underestimate one's intelligence all too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drenalinjunkie View Post
    Gents, thank you for the offers of help. Appreciate it.

Some feedback... since the vehicle was new I complained to the dealership that the front passenger window was sticky. I had a bit of spare time for a change this morning. Previously the dealership claimed that they removed the panel and checked every time and relubed all and found all in order. Needless to say when I removed the panel it was obvious it had NEVER been removed. Even the plastic with butylin was perfect!

First observation was that one fo the window rubbers had torn causing the window to jam... second observation... this jam caused one of the guide arms to pull out of its teflon bushings riding in one of the rails.

Quick fix, superglue the window rubber back in place and lube them with silicone oil. Second one was slightly more difficult but I managed to get the guide arm back into the teflon bushing with an F-clamp.

Results... window running better than ever before and I saved myself R8k. I love Isuzus but absolutely hate the stealers due to crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EtienneB View Post
    I am so disappointed in you. Not granting me the opportunity to showcase my superior KB window knowledge. Not that you need much as you saw for yourself. I agree, the stealers tend to underestimate one's intelligence all too easy.
    Sorry to disappoint you. Indeed the dealers take us as fools.

Default KB5 window regulator

I had issues on my 2010 KB5 as well a few years ago.

What I remember was one of the window rubbers was not right...the window was pinched by the moulding. Dealer “fixed” it with pliers leaving the indentation marks of where force was applied with the pliers on the moulding.

Another bigger issue was the driver window bracket screws came undone, causing some damage.

All these were addressed free of charge under the warranty. I might be mistaken, but there might have been a factory notice about the windows.

Glad you got it sorted!
    Last edited by PlaasBakkie; 2019/06/21 at 10:55 AM.