MediaRelease: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    .
    Posts
    92
    Thanked: 73

    Default All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Nampo, the biggest agricultural show in the southern hemisphere, shares a not-so-surprising characteristic with the latest version of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa's "Engineered Beyond Tough" 2019 Triton.

    Engineered to be tough enough for anyone or everyone, the all-new 2019 Mitsubishi Triton will be at the Nampo show, the agricultural gathering developed beyond tough for local farmers, their families and their workforce. Visitors will be able to experience the bakkie on the 4x4 track with a 4x4 instructor putting it through its paces so that potential buyers can see its potential when driven to the extreme.

    Hosted in the Free State town of Bothaville in the middle of May, the 2019 Grain SA's Nampo Harvest Day will offer the latest and best in the farming community, including the all-new Mitsubishi Triton.

    Apart from the Triton, Mitsubishi Motors South Africa recently also launched the Eclipse Cross and the Pajero Sport, which was a finalist in the 2019 AutoTrader SA Car of the Year competition.

    All these cars and the rest of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa's entire range will be at Nampo for visitors to experience their ability, quality, durability, affordability and performance. One outstanding feature of the Mitsubishi range is that the complete range offers a high level of specification with a lot of added value so that buyers are not forced to pay extra for features such as leather seats, sunroof or sound and various other electronic systems.

    The all-new 2019 Triton, the Pajero Sport and the Pajero SWB (short wheelbase) will be available to take you through their paces on the dedicated 4x4 track, and the all-new Triton with its tough new look is expected to be in high demand - especially for farmers who would like to experience its new 6-speed automatic transmission, its latest state-of-the-art Super Select II 4WD system, as well as its Electronic Off-road Assistance system.

    "The tough-looking Triton with its bold new looks is significantly more competitive and meets the diverse needs of not only bakkie customers around the world, but also the demands of hard-working farmers all over the country," says Nic Campbell, General Manager of Mitsubishi Motors South Africa.

    "This year Mitsubishi Motors is celebrating its 40th year of building bakkies, and the latest development of the Triton features a host of enhancements and refinements making it even more durable and reliable for agricultural users, allowing them the comfort and ride they deserve."

    The Nampo Harvest Day was incepted way back in 1967 and has since then served the requirements of users as well as suppliers and manufactures of agricultural equipment.

    Agri SA's Nampo Harvest Day will be held in Nampo Park, Bothaville, for a period of four days from Tuesday 14 to Friday 17 May 2019, while Mitsubishi's products will also be on show for the full duration of the event.

    Practical demonstrations of usable machinery are some of the most important highlights of the event, as will be test drives of Mitsubishi vehicles on the off-road track.

    Visit www.mitsubishi-motors.co.za to book a test drive at Nampo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mitsubishi-triton_003_1800x1800.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	642.8 KB 
ID:	528368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mitsubishi-triton_009.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	528369  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,227
    Thanked: 295

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Media release

    It's been discussed on this forum to death already since 2018

    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ew-2019-Triton
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 Auto Diesel


    Lynx Bashplate
    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box

    .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,363
    Thanked: 13227

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    Media release

    It's been discussed on this forum to death already since 2018

    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ew-2019-Triton
    Maybe read longer than two seconds, Mitsu will be showing their cars, including the new Triton at the Nampo show.

    "the all-new 2019 Mitsubishi Triton will be at the Nampo show, the agricultural gathering developed beyond tough for local farmers, their families and their workforce. Visitors will be able to experience the bakkie on the 4x4 track with a 4x4 instructor putting it through its paces so that potential buyers can see its potential when driven to the extreme."
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2019/05/14 at 02:22 PM.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanked: 487

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Its great that you are making the effort to show off Mitsu at Nampo..But pointless if you have dealers like John Williams motors who dont have stock and also have the smallest showroom in the world stuck away between other brands,completely hidden from public.Mitsus poor marketing skill is the reason they dont sell as the product is great.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Louwsburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    502
    Thanked: 202

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Its great that you are making the effort to show off Mitsu at Nampo..But pointless if you have dealers like John Williams motors who dont have stock and also have the smallest showroom in the world stuck away between other brands,completely hidden from public.Mitsus poor marketing skill is the reason they dont sell as the product is great.
    Showing off at Nampo is surely a step in the right direction then?
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Auto 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanked: 487

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Dit is miskien,maar dit is hartseer om te sien hoe die brand verswak in Bloem en ek wonder of hulle nog gaan bestaan in die kommende maande.Daar is geen effort om die produkte bekend te maak aan die publiek.Dit wys daar is geen meer passie vir die brand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,363
    Thanked: 1184

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Dis n goeie bakkie. En steeds verkoop hulle nie.
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

    Then it it a chisel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanked: 487

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Uys,ek dink dit het baie te doen met looks.Dit was nooit mooi bakkies toe hulle gelaunch is.Van daai eerste 2007 modelle tot die 2017 modelle.Dis soos n lelike kind wat net ouers kan liefhe.Daar is letterlik n handvol mense wat die mooi sien in die styling
    Maar hierdie 2019 model is vir my mooi voor tot agter..In lewende lywe lyk hy fantasties..As hy nou nie verkoop nie dan le die fout nie by die produk

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,824
    Thanked: 1199

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    You guys are losing site of dealer network and perceived after sales support
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2019/05/15 at 11:39 AM.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanked: 487

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    To an extent Roelf...But look at the asx..Looked very good and was well priced and specced.It became their top seller..When they launched the new triton pricing was stupid and there were no single or half cabs available only top spec model dc..How do you even compete like that.
    All im saying is in the past the tritons especially were not well liked cause their design was a bit weird although actuallty just ahead of time...This time they have a real looker but they have no idea how to sell them.
    The other problem is many dealerships are multi franchise and like here the fiat/jeep brands get favour i.t.o display space etc..yet they sell like 1 of each a month.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanked: 1051

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    To an extent Roelf...But look at the asx..Looked very good and was well priced and specced.It became their top seller..When they launched the new triton pricing was stupid and there were no single or half cabs available only top spec model dc..How do you even compete like that.
    All im saying is in the past the tritons especially were not well liked cause their design was a bit weird although actuallty just ahead of time...This time they have a real looker but they have no idea how to sell them.
    The other problem is many dealerships are multi franchise and like here the fiat/jeep brands get favour i.t.o display space etc..yet they sell like 1 of each a month.
    I think you're right about the looks. The Colt did pretty well but since the change to Triton it was downhill. The first ones were impractical on top of being ugly, with the loadbin sloping to the back. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot, and the guys who approved it should be tortured and then shot.

    But, I also have to add, this new one is NOT going to be answer. Even though they're lovely bakkies, it's still fugly..

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,363
    Thanked: 13227

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    I think you're right about the looks. The Colt did pretty well but since the change to Triton it was downhill. The first ones were impractical on top of being ugly, with the loadbin sloping to the back. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot, and the guys who approved it should be tortured and then shot.

    But, I also have to add, this new one is NOT going to be answer. Even though they're lovely bakkies, it's still fugly..
    The Colt did well because they got some big contracts with Telkom/ Eskom which put volume into the market, justifying the dealerships and service centres I reckon.

    The old Triton is a three dop bakkie, dan is hy eers mooi
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    654
    Thanked: 287

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    I think you're right about the looks. The Colt did pretty well but since the change to Triton it was downhill. The first ones were impractical on top of being ugly, with the loadbin sloping to the back. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot, and the guys who approved it should be tortured and then shot.

    But, I also have to add, this new one is NOT going to be answer. Even though they're lovely bakkies, it's still fugly..
    The Triton is one of the top three best selling bakkies in Australia where it has outsold the mighty Hilux (tic) once or twice. I mean really, if you can drive an Overbite Hilux surely looks can't be very high up on the priority list when buying a new bakkie.

    As said earlier it boils down to bad management, bad marketing and bad planning. My experience with the Mitsubishi dealers are very much on par with that at the Toyota dealerships the past couple of years. Then again my Toyota is an appliance and I don't expect too much when taking the car for a service.
    Last edited by Tom13; 2019/05/15 at 01:06 PM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:


  16. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    774
    Thanked: 799

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    After sales service is horrible. The Triton's "looks" probably gave them a knock too. But I still love my Triton. I don't even have to be drunk to admit it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanked: 1051

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    The Triton is one of the top three best selling bakkies in Australia where it has outsold the mighty Hilux (tic) once or twice. I mean really, if you can drive an Overbite Hilux surely looks can't be very high up on the priority list when buying a new bakkie.

    As said earlier it boils down to bad management, bad marketing and bad planning. My experience with the Mitsubishi dealers are very much on par with that at the Toyota dealerships the past couple of years. Then again my Toyota is an appliance and I don't expect too much when taking the car for a service.
    I agree to an extent, but the one thing Toyota does well is they tend to make sure their cars appeal to a wide range of tastes - inoffensive styling if you like. Now, whether that's good or bad is another argument, but it's what they seem to try and do.

    And, while I currently drive a Toyota (not a Hilux), I've never liked the look of the new Hilux, although the latest facelift has improved it a lot. I also didn't like the first few versions of the 150 Prado, again, the latest one is a lot better but it took them YEARS to get it right.

    So maybe looks are not that important to sales, when you're selling to people who already own the brand, but I think if you're trying to convince people to switch brands, it's probably quite important.

    For example, I think Ford was spot on with the Ranger back in 2011/12 or whenever they launched it - it was just a good looking bakkie.

  19. #16
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    40
    Posts
    127
    Thanked: 85

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    The Colt did well because they got some big contracts with Telkom/ Eskom which put volume into the market, justifying the dealerships and service centres I reckon.

    The old Triton is a three dop bakkie, dan is hy eers mooi

    Ek was in die mark vir my eerste bakkie omtrent so 2 jaar terug en het al baie van die verskillende "brands" getoets, en om eerlik te se dis "looks" van die 2009 Triton wat my geswaai het om een te koop. Miskien is ek maar anders want ek verkies ook iets wat nie elke tweede person besit nie. (bv: CZ P10C liewers as Glock G19) As ek die nuwe Triton kon bekostig sou ek al een gekoop het want vir my is dit die mooiste bakkie huidig op ons mark.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Yster1979 For This Useful Post:


  21. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,363
    Thanked: 13227

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    Ek was in die mark vir my eerste bakkie omtrent so 2 jaar terug en het al baie van die verskillende "brands" getoets, en om eerlik te se dis "looks" van die 2009 Triton wat my geswaai het om een te koop. Miskien is ek maar anders want ek verkies ook iets wat nie elke tweede person besit nie. (bv: CZ P10C liewers as Glock G19) As ek die nuwe Triton kon bekostig sou ek al een gekoop het want vir my is dit die mooiste bakkie huidig op ons mark.
    Ek ry 'n Triton nou al vir 8 jaar en dra 'n Para Ordnance 1911 45ACP. Neem aan ek is ook anders, soos jy
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaan van Wyk For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Louwsburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    502
    Thanked: 202

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    A comparison between the Triton and Hilux in the 4x4 leisure wheels mag summed it up pretty good the other day. Their conclusion was that the Triton is like a 5 star hotel on some remote island. Whilst the Hilux is your own house where you feel home and will always go back to. This is a very typical SA mentality I think - people stick to what they know and trust, even if it is not as good as the "new" product on offer. Even though the Colt/Triton has been around for many many years..
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Auto 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeubok For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    40
    Posts
    127
    Thanked: 85

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    I have been searching a bit at how the new Triton will look with a steel bumper and currently only the Aussies have that option. I dont know what you guys think but I really dont like the look of it and personally for me adds nothing with regards to looks.




  26. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Louwsburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    502
    Thanked: 202

    Default Re: All-new Triton tough enough for Nampo 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Yster1979 View Post
    I have been searching a bit at how the new Triton will look with a steel bumper and currently only the Aussies have that option. I dont know what you guys think but I really dont like the look of it and personally for me adds nothing with regards to looks.



    That specific bumper hides/covers the new nose completely, so no it doesn't look good. You need one that compliments the lines and looks of a vehicle
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Auto 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •