Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Safari 4x4 Roetes

Is it just me, or do other members also find the show a bit dull and boring the last couple of seasons? It's just some repetitive chatter and driving. I find myself more interested in what they braai at the end of the show

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Safari 4x4 Roetes

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Is it just me, or do other members also find the show a bit dull and boring the last couple of seasons? It's just some repetitive chatter and driving. I find myself more interested in what they braai at the end of the show
    I completed season two. Will see what the next entails.
    Sent from my iPhone

Yip, while I understand the need for a ''format'', the banter and sponsor plugs between the two becomes a bit tiresome eventually, with the only relief being added to by the variety of the locations.

I now just flick channel or record and fast forward to the 10 minutes of trail parts
    Last edited by Estee; 2019/05/13 at 01:24 PM.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Yes, it's the same thing over and over just with different venues. They never show a recovery they had to do or even a tyre that needed repair/replacement. At least the last episode Andrť had to be recovered backbards by Petri after he couldn't get over a dune, the recovery process was unfortunately also not shown.
    Erich Visser
    2015 Suzuki GV 2.4 m/t 40mm lift and Bash Plates
    2015 Off Trax Outplay Trailer
    2006 Mercedes A170 (Swambo's)
    1996 Mazda Magnum 2600 D/C 4x4 (Sold)

I must agree, I used to enjoy the show, now it feels like one long advertisement interspersed with some chatter...

I like many aspects of the show, mostly they go places I might like to visit and there is some info to be had. I do find the banter a bit irritating but that's perhaps how people do it, what do I know. The most annoying aspect of the show is the constant hand shaking in between obstacles as if the two are going to war! They do like their food those two, make me hungry they do.
    You help where you can, when it is needed. You only give advice when it is asked for!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steady For This Useful Post:

I agree with the above sentiments, they really do need to spice things up a bit. It does feel like one big advertisement for Amarok, goodyear tyres and the RSI canopy. Every single show when they set up camp it is exactly the same. Petri throws his pop-up tent on the floor, while Andre sets up his rooftop tent, awning and then he takes out the dishwasher table.. With the same commentary about how he does it every single time..
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Auto 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeubok For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    I like many aspects of the show, mostly they go places I might like to visit and there is some info to be had. I do find the banter a bit irritating but that's perhaps how people do it, what do I know. The most annoying aspect of the show is the constant hand shaking in between obstacles as if the two are going to war! They do like their food those two, make me hungry they do.
    LOL - yes the hand shake. After a series i'm sure both of them go for hand surgery to re-Aline all their knuckles. And being the 12th season, we know you have to walk an obstacle first, or wade through it.

It's not a bad show, does need some changes though. No need for the excessive hand shaking, and use of some Afrikaans words... no one talks like that.

I haven't seen the new season, watched two old episodes on Showmax yesterday - I was unable to convince myself to watch a third, the commentary is awful.
    Last edited by njvermaak; 2019/05/13 at 02:18 PM.
    NJ Vermaak

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D | '85 PUCH Gelšndewagen | Bush Lapa Miskruier 404

14. The Following User Says Thank You to njvermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    ... The most annoying aspect of the show is the constant hand shaking in between obstacles as if the two are going to war!
    This ! And I thought I was the only one finding that very irritating !

But I do like the location and routes they undertake.
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

The chatter is what I find really irritating. It feels very forced at times, as if they have to keep the chatter going for the cameras but don't really know what to say anymore. I would be happy with silence while they are driving with only the odd comment over the radios when absolutely necessary.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frontiersman For This Useful Post:

I am also hoping this evening it gets a bit more exciting. I would like them to mix it up a bit more. Seems they are out to do sand driving only.

Mixed surface off road driving and then a bit more in depth equipment setup and maybe food prep. Similar to 4 WD Action Ausies.

Here's an idea for a new show: how about someone renting a different 4x4 every show, take it to a new trail and then give feedback on the car and the trail? It would be really interesting to see all the different makes in action at different locations. Maybe if I was an Amarok fan I'd enjoy the show a bit more, but after a couple of seasons in the same car I'd like to see something different now.
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton D/C 2.4 manual 4x4
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2.5 Auto 4x4
    1998 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.0 V6 - SOLD
    2017 Ford Ranger XLS Auto 4x4 D/C - SOLD
    2014 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD D/C - SOLD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeubok For This Useful Post:

They passed through here a couple of weeks ago doing the Namakwa Eco trail. I asked them if they were interested in doing a part of our new trail, I did show them one of the climbs up a hillside to a nice lookout point from a distance, but they were abit short on time and I believe their vehicles were too heavily laden to do anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeubok View Post
    Here's an idea for a new show: how about someone renting a different 4x4 every show, take it to a new trail and then give feedback on the car and the trail? It would be really interesting to see all the different makes in action at different locations. Maybe if I was an Amarok fan I'd enjoy the show a bit more, but after a couple of seasons in the same car I'd like to see something different now.

Well, these ones are different - they are automatics
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

Very nice vehicles and good quality accessories, would prefer more scenery en route shots. Most irritating banter and talking like the stars, Afrikaans and English mixed. I have stopped watching and rather change channels.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JosephK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Yip, while I understand the need for a ''format'', the banter and sponsor plugs between the two becomes a bit tiresome eventually, with the only relief being added to by the variety of the locations.

I now just flick channel or record and fast forward to the 10 minutes of trail parts
    I canít stand their chatter anymore. Everything has to be repeated umpteen times, stupid jokes and useless information. Sometimes it appears to be an Afrikaans show with English words. Petriís fishing show is very much the same.

Since Petri joined it started to go down hill for me.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to schoemie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam16 View Post
    I canít stand their chatter anymore. Everything has to be repeated umpteen times, stupid jokes and useless information. Sometimes it appears to be an Afrikaans show with English words. Petriís fishing show is very much the same.
    Petri is the producer, editor, cameraman and everything else on the show. No wonder it looks like his fishing show.

Quote Originally Posted by Olyfboer View Post
    Petri is the producer, editor, cameraman and everything else on the show. No wonder it looks like his fishing show.
    There must be some production people involved, hence the two vehicles. But it is obvious that Petri has the final say.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast