Brad Harrison/Anderson etc plugs/connectors - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Brad Harrison/Anderson etc plugs/connectors

Thanks guys! Appreciate your comments both fast & slow!
    Series 80 'Cruiser GX Diesel 1996
    Previously: '98 Defender 110 HT TDi, Landy SIII S/W, Hilux D/C 4x4,
    Isuzu 2,3 4x4, Isuzu 2,0 4x4, Isuzu 1600 4x4, Chev Nomad, Cheetah beach buggy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarylB For This Useful Post:

Just keep in mind that you need to take more spares on your trips if you use all the different colours. I use grey only.
    LC 105 EFI
    BL 1003 Boskriek

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gustav Preller For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    Can anybody tell me the significance of different colours with these plugs please. I know that generally one cannot mix and match colours...ie a red does not plug into a blue, etc etc. My solar panels as supplied to me are set up with green plugs and Iím needing to make an extension cable. The PV panels output has a green plug, so I need a green plug to fit that one. But every supplier Iíve checked seems to have grey, black, red, blue & yellow connectors...no green! Does anyone here know if any of these colours above are compatible with green?
    Daryl, the plugs are a bit different as in that the pole between the pins change and do not allow interchangability, some are square, others might be right angled and there might be other shapes but this is where you need to look to be able to fit your plugs together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Ship For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ship View Post
    Daryl, the plugs are a bit different as in that the pole between the pins change and do not allow interchangability, some are square, others might be right angled and there might be other shapes but this is where you need to look to be able to fit your plugs together.
    Thanks. Yep...I discovered that!
    Series 80 'Cruiser GX Diesel 1996
    Previously: '98 Defender 110 HT TDi, Landy SIII S/W, Hilux D/C 4x4,
    Isuzu 2,3 4x4, Isuzu 2,0 4x4, Isuzu 1600 4x4, Chev Nomad, Cheetah beach buggy!

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    Can anybody tell me the significance of different colours with these plugs please.

I know that generally one cannot mix and match colours...ie a red does not plug into a blue, etc etc.

My solar panels as supplied to me are set up with green plugs and Iím needing to make an extension cable. The PV panels output has a green plug, so I need a green plug to fit that one.

But every supplier Iíve checked seems to have grey, black, red, blue & yellow connectors...no green!

Does anyone here know if any of these colours above are compatible with green?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAge View Post
    The problem comes in when someone that does not know your setup starts plugging things in incorrectly and you have serious problems with overloading. There was an article in one of our local 4X4 magazines a couple months ago where a 'standard' was proposed/discussed which made a lot of sense, ie:

Blue - Solar into the controller
    Red - Power into the battery
    Grey - Power from the battery
    Yellow - Not mentioned
    Green I have seen some time ago, last 15 years not seen any more.

I use the above colour coding.

My personal experience;
    Used Grey BH and it cost me a battery, plugged into the wrong place and cooked it
    Then swapped to Red BH, got to a spot with no power and for some unknown reason my panel stopped working - chap helped me out but he had Blue BH on his. Had to break the Red BH to use the panel. Most of the guys at the site all used Blue BH for solar input.

Got back home and started the above coding

Red BH apparently for alternater input as on the NL power boxes (or gen set 12V input??)
    Grey for Load
    Yellow BH - no idea
    Danie & Marinda - die wiele is rond, dus moet hulle hardloop - afgetree nou leef ons net.
    2017 BL - Kewer B1115 RUS WA GP - bos en kamp tyd
    2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - daaglikse ryding
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 DC XLT 4x4 - nuwe rondloop ry ding, nou sleep ons! (2017)
    2011 Echo 4, die RUSWA-ZN - (verkoop 44 000 km)
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5 DT DC XLT 4x4 - rondloop ry ding met "bietjie ekstra" krag (Verkoop 177 000 km)
    2005 Chev Aveo - Afgeskryf (2016 130 000)
    2005 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin 180 000)
    2003 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin 150 00)
    2000 Nissan Hardbody - Geruil (pyne by die duisended 52 000 km)
    1998 Opel Kadett - Dogter se wiele geword in 2003 (baie warm enjin 116 000 km)
    1990 Datsun 1800 short wheelbase - Pa se ou plaas bakkie, na die Nissan die pad gevat het met sy probleme in 2003 (117 00km)
    1990 Hilux 2.4D - en hy kon loop, pomp en top gewerk aan.
    1984 Opel Commondore - het gehardloop
    1983 Safary 3 karavaan - verkoop en begin tent in 2000 (51 000 km)
    1980 Ford Granada 3.0 - warm enjin afgeskryf
    1969 VW 1600 TL - geen einde nie, warm enjin en geruil
    1968 VW 1600 L - geen einde en baie warm enjin, verkoop in 1998 (328 000 myl/525 000 km)

We keep it simple.
    Grey for out red for in.
    A short cable with grey on the one side and red on the other side to convert an extension cable.
    If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. SJ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Damdan For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2