Help request - Accommodation for 15 persons Wild Coast - September school holidays

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help request - Accommodation for 15 persons Wild Coast - September school holidays

Swambo wants me to take the extended family (kids with partners and grandkids - 9 adults and 6 kids) for a "nice" holiday on the Wild Coast. I'm still not sure what I've done wrong, but here is her instructions:

On the beach or easy walking distance to a beach/lagoon
    Full catering - bed and breakfast only considered if there is a restaurant on site
    Family friendly with possibly some child care - youngest is 2 - the rest are 8 - 15.
    Dates 21 - 29 September
    Nearby attractions - game drive, historical sites, etc..

A Trennery's type place, but it's sold out, and I'm hoping not to have to hoes as much.

All suggestions welcome - won't hold you to a an unfortunate recommendation - I'll do my homework.

Default Re: Help request - Accommodation for 15 persons Wild Coast - September school holiday

Try Wavecrest! We went there Feb last year and it's a paradise; fully catered and good value. Lovely beach, lagoon and indigenous forests. Others you should check out are Mazeppa Bay, Kob Inn and The Haven.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Default Re: Help request - Accommodation for 15 persons Wild Coast - September school holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    Try Wavecrest! We went there Feb last year and it's a paradise; fully catered and good value. Lovely beach, lagoon and indigenous forests. Others you should check out are Mazeppa Bay, Kob Inn and The Haven.
    Seagulls (next to Trennerys) has recently been lovingly renovated and is new owner run. He takes a lot of pride in his establishment. I will send you the owners direct email address to you via pm. Or you can Google Seagulls.

Heinz, the answer with such a large group is to rent a holiday cottage on the Wild Coast. Many of them are well fitted out, if a little rustic and will have flush toilets and hot showers aplenty. They usually come with servants (whom you will have to pay) and these helpers know the workings of these holiday homes inside out. The maids are usually experts at baking fresh bread, vetkoeks, fried fish, mngqusho (stamped mealies and beans), crayfish, mussels and the like.
    Usually with such a cottage will be two maids and a handyman. The cottage owners are often keen to rent out in order to provide extra income for their staff.
    They usually have enough beds for the group you describe. I think you would have a holiday never to forget.
    Google Wild Coast holiday cottages for rent or even better if you have a contact with contacts, get them to help.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Enjoyed our stay at Kob Inn.
    Meets all your requirements
    Extremely family friendly.
    Good luck with your booking.