2012 kb 300 oil leak





Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 1

    Default 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    Hi guys I went to look at this vehicle and it has a oil leak. I have read a few post about some seal leaking is this something I should be concerned about. She sounds normal oil cap clean. But almost 10k km overdue for a service. Drives nice 4x4 works anything else I need to check.

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wilderness
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,133
    Thanked: 1073

    Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    What seal? What type of oil is leaking. Engine, gearbox, diff or steering?
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    Looks like it's coming from the sump

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    johannersburg
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanked: 31

    Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    Quote Originally Posted by Justme29 View Post
    Hi guys I went to look at this vehicle and it has a oil leak. I have read a few post about some seal leaking is this something I should be concerned about. She sounds normal oil cap clean. But almost 10k km overdue for a service. Drives nice 4x4 works anything else I need to check.

    Many thanks
    You should be able to see where its coming from not bad kms on it? Looks for obvious things paint work check difflock as well check for other oil leaks diff and undercarriage as well 10k over isnt bad seen someone go 80k overdue sadly the engine seized anyway its a isuzu not a ford
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to giolanman For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    You should be able to see where its coming from not bad kms on it? Looks for obvious things paint work check difflock as well check for other oil leaks diff and undercarriage as well 10k over isnt bad seen someone go 80k overdue sadly the engine seized anyway its a isuzu not a ford
    How would I check the diff lock. I know it sounds like a dumb question but how can I when there is no real place to get a wheel up.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kloof
    Age
    28
    Posts
    16
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

    Quote Originally Posted by Justme29 View Post
    How would I check the diff lock. I know it sounds like a dumb question but how can I when there is no real place to get a wheel up.
    Easy one, lock the diff and drive slowly down the road. Turn full lock to full lock and you should hear a rear tyre dragging on the road. Also, you will notice on a steep incline, the diff lock requires a lot of power to move the bakkie.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •