2012 kb 300 oil leak

Default 2012 kb 300 oil leak

Hi guys I went to look at this vehicle and it has a oil leak. I have read a few post about some seal leaking is this something I should be concerned about. She sounds normal oil cap clean. But almost 10k km overdue for a service. Drives nice 4x4 works anything else I need to check.

Many thanks

Default Re: 2012 kb 300 oil leak

What seal? What type of oil is leaking. Engine, gearbox, diff or steering?
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

Looks like it's coming from the sump

Quote Originally Posted by Justme29 View Post
    Hi guys I went to look at this vehicle and it has a oil leak. I have read a few post about some seal leaking is this something I should be concerned about. She sounds normal oil cap clean. But almost 10k km overdue for a service. Drives nice 4x4 works anything else I need to check.

Many thanks
    You should be able to see where its coming from not bad kms on it? Looks for obvious things paint work check difflock as well check for other oil leaks diff and undercarriage as well 10k over isnt bad seen someone go 80k overdue sadly the engine seized anyway its a isuzu not a ford
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to giolanman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    You should be able to see where its coming from not bad kms on it? Looks for obvious things paint work check difflock as well check for other oil leaks diff and undercarriage as well 10k over isnt bad seen someone go 80k overdue sadly the engine seized anyway its a isuzu not a ford
    How would I check the diff lock. I know it sounds like a dumb question but how can I when there is no real place to get a wheel up.

Quote Originally Posted by Justme29 View Post
    How would I check the diff lock. I know it sounds like a dumb question but how can I when there is no real place to get a wheel up.
    Easy one, lock the diff and drive slowly down the road. Turn full lock to full lock and you should hear a rear tyre dragging on the road. Also, you will notice on a steep incline, the diff lock requires a lot of power to move the bakkie.