Wrnd - Page 5





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 92 of 92

Thread: Wrnd

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    53
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 97

    Default Re: Wrnd

    I love projects like this. Where in CT are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein Jack View Post
    I must find somebody in Cape Town that can tidy up my crows nest..

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    66
    Posts
    898
    Thanked: 126

    Default Re: Wrnd

    When tidying up suggest you stick to normal convention for the BH plugs.
    Havenít found a definitive reference for this but this seems to be the practice
    Red for supply, grey for load and blue for solar.
    May prevent some smoke from escaping at some stage.

    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ugs-connectors

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanked: 144

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnika View Post
    I love projects like this. Where in CT are you?
    Thanks, I stay in Welgelegen. Did pm you.

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Triton Clubcab 2x4 2.5 DID
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    1,273
    Thanked: 1001

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolf View Post
    When tidying up suggest you stick to normal convention for the BH plugs.
    Havenít found a definitive reference for this but this seems to be the practice
    Red for supply, grey for load and blue for solar.
    May prevent some smoke from escaping at some stage.

    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ugs-connectors
    I really donít like these BH plugs at all, but there arenít really alternative high amp DC connectors available.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanked: 1175

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    I really donít like these BH plugs at all, but there arenít really alternative high amp DC connectors available.
    What do you dislike about them?


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    1,273
    Thanked: 1001

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    What do you dislike about them?
    Good question. Nothing specific. The do function properly, just one of those things I guess.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    66
    Posts
    898
    Thanked: 126

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    I really donít like these BH plugs at all, but there arenít really alternative high amp DC connectors available.
    You get these from PBE
    https://www.pbeproducts.co.za/pbe_db...connectors.htm

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wartburg
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,540
    Thanked: 1175

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    Good question. Nothing specific. The do function properly, just one of those things I guess.
    One does not always need a reason when it comes to preference. Was just wondering it it could have to do with not being water or dust proof, or that they were too difficult to seperate

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolf View Post
    Interesting - wonder how strong they are when bumped sideways? I prefer the BH ones as they can be mounted flush against a wall


  9. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Work in EG - Live in Port Elizabeth
    Age
    53
    Posts
    677
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Wrnd

    bump----this thread went quiet

    Franna
    Swambo= Porsche Boxster
    Myself= Triton 3.2 Auto.... Cirrus Inter-cooler,63 mm Powerflo Exhaust and Unichip installed/Tuned by KSD
    Imagine Trailvan 4x4 caravan.
    Play with Fazer boat 17 Ft fitted with 130 Yamaha

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanked: 144

    Default Re: Wrnd

    So Munnik helped sort out the crows nest. Very very happy and thankfull.Name:  IMG-20200120-WA0000.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  135.3 KB

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Triton Clubcab 2x4 2.5 DID
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    53
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 97

    Default Re: Wrnd

    It was a lekker project Kaptein Jack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein Jack View Post
    So Munnik helped sort out the crows nest. Very very happy and thankfull.Name:  IMG-20200120-WA0000.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  135.3 KB

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,164
    Thanked: 408

    Default Re: Wrnd

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    I really donít like these BH plugs at all, but there arenít really alternative high amp DC connectors available.
    If you don't want to mount them and a flying lead would do then there are alternatives. They only come in blue so that could be a problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •