Mahindra aftermarket rims





Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Swakopmund
    Age
    66
    Posts
    315
    Thanked: 128

    Default Mahindra aftermarket rims

    I cannot find any aftermarket rims for these vehicles as I am told this PCD is only found on Tata and Mahindra and therefor very scarce.Can anyone direct me to where I can find Pro-Whites or mags for the doublecab and Thar?
    Swakopmunder

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    56
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    I cannot find any aftermarket rims for these vehicles as I am told this PCD is only found on Tata and Mahindra and therefor very scarce.Can anyone direct me to where I can find Pro-Whites or mags for the doublecab and Thar?
    I got mine from Tiger Wheel and Tyre, many other owners on this forum got it from there as well. Yes the PCD is odd but the wheels are available.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,951
    Thanked: 554

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    I cannot find any aftermarket rims for these vehicles as I am told this PCD is only found on Tata and Mahindra and therefor very scarce.Can anyone direct me to where I can find Pro-Whites or mags for the doublecab and Thar?
    Errol's Tyres stock the correct wheels.

    The only mag wheel that will not rub without jacking up the torsion bars on the Scorpio are the A-Line Trench wheels. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Even with the front suspension on my S6 jacked up the front wheels still rub at maximum lock.

    The wheels Errol's will likely try and sell you or those you will likely get at TWT are as follows:

    A-Line Grip
    A-Line Lynx
    Last edited by Koebelwagen; 2019/05/05 at 10:54 PM.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Koebelwagen For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,066
    Thanked: 9304

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    This will look good on a Mahindra



    A-Line Battle

    http://www.a-linewheels.co.za/cgi-bi...utback%20Range

    Keep the thread updated on prices.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Swakopmund
    Age
    66
    Posts
    315
    Thanked: 128

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    And about steel Pro Whites ( or Pro Black ) rims. Can anyone help.With which other vehicles does the Pik up and Thar share PCD?
    Swakopmunder

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    56
    Posts
    34,066
    Thanked: 9304

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    And about steel Pro Whites ( or Pro Black ) rims. Can anyone help.With which other vehicles does the Pik up and Thar share PCD?
    A-line also does a white and a black spoked rim
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,951
    Thanked: 554

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    And about steel Pro Whites ( or Pro Black ) rims. Can anyone help.With which other vehicles does the Pik up and Thar share PCD?
    You can get pro-white steelies from Errols.

    You don't need to be concerned about what other vehicle share the PCD, you only need to know the PCD which is 5x160.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    Errol's Tyres stock the correct wheels.

    The only mag wheel that will not rub without jacking up the torsion bars on the Scorpio are the A-Line Trench wheels. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Even with the front suspension on my S6 jacked up the front wheels still rub at maximum lock.

    The wheels Errol's will likely try and sell you or those you will likely get at TWT are as follows:

    A-Line Grip
    A-Line Lynx

    If it's a 2018 Pik Up, 16 inch A-line trench will not work, no matter how far you jack up the torsion bars - they will always rub on the trim in the wheel arches and cause damage. (I tried jacking mine up 70mm and the tyres were still scraping!).

    The only thing you can do if you want the A-line trench is to fit 15 inch and buy 15 inch tyres, or buy 65 profile tyres to reduce the overall diameter of the wheels. (Factory fitted is 245/75/16)

    Unfortunately, this will cause your speedometer and odometer to over-read and take the entire drivertrain out of factory specifications.

    I had exactly this problem, I bought 16 inch A-line trench rims as an optional extra, with the original tyres fitted to these rims.

    A-line techincal were involved in the warranty claim and after a major gedoente, Mahindra eventually swapped out the A-line rims for a set of the OEM alloy rims as fitted standard on the S10.

    As a warranty claim. Problem solved and a big up to Mahindra Helderberg!

    During this process, A-line confirmed that they do not have a 16 inch rim that works on the S6, i.e. does not damage the wheel arches and tyres, and allows full steering lock.

    The head of techical for A-line in Cape Town will confirm this - Igshaan 079 077 6968.

    It seems that the Mahindra dealerships that always sold the A-line aftermarket rims for the Scorpio were caught out by the changes made to the frame with the launch of the S6 Pik-Up.

    I hope this helps.

    edit: the grip, lynx and trench have the same specs, just diffent in appearance.
    Last edited by Lxv; 2019/05/09 at 07:26 PM.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,951
    Thanked: 554

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Lxv View Post
    If it's a 2018 Pik Up, 16 inch A-line trench will not work, no matter how far you jack up the torsion bars - they will always rub on the trim in the wheel arches and cause damage. (I tried jacking mine up 70mm and the tyres were still scraping!).

    The only thing you can do if you want the A-line trench is to fit 15 inch and buy 15 inch tyres, or buy 65 profile tyres to reduce the overall diameter of the wheels. (Factory fitted is 245/75/16)

    Unfortunately, this will cause your speedometer and odometer to over-read and take the entire drivertrain out of factory specifications.

    I had exactly this problem, I bought 16 inch A-line trench rims as an optional extra, with the original tyres fitted to these rims.

    A-line techincal were involved in the warranty claim and after a major gedoente, Mahindra eventually swapped out the A-line rims for a set of the OEM alloy rims as fitted standard on the S10.

    As a warranty claim. Problem solved and a big up to Mahindra Helderberg!

    During this process, A-line confirmed that they do not have a 16 inch rim that works on the S6, i.e. does not damage the wheel arches and tyres, and allows full steering lock.

    The head of techical for A-line in Cape Town will confirm this - Igshaan 079 077 6968.

    It seems that the Mahindra dealerships that always sold the A-line aftermarket rims for the Scorpio were caught out by the changes made to the frame with the launch of the S6 Pik-Up.

    I hope this helps.

    edit: the grip, lynx and trench have the same specs, just diffent in appearance.
    I beg to differ. The offset on the Trench differs from the Lynx and Grip in that it has a 35mm positive offset whereas the Lynx and Grip both have 0mm offset. That small amount of offset is all that is required for the tyres to clear as it is the outer edge of the tyre that catches on the inner fender with 0mm offset rims.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Swakop
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,778
    Thanked: 406

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    I cannot find any aftermarket rims for these vehicles as I am told this PCD is only found on Tata and Mahindra and therefor very scarce.Can anyone direct me to where I can find Pro-Whites or mags for the doublecab and Thar?
    Will send you some numbers of where I usually get rims from, guy is not scared of doing some searching.
    "Meerkat"
    Namboyz
    modded 02' 105 series 4.5efi (big wheeled petrol thief)


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    I beg to differ. The offset on the Trench differs from the Lynx and Grip in that it has a 35mm positive offset whereas the Lynx and Grip both have 0mm offset. That small amount of offset is all that is required for the tyres to clear as it is the outer edge of the tyre that catches on the inner fender with 0mm offset rims.
    The rims fitted to mine had a 0 offset and it was indeed the outside of the tyres which were scraping. I can see that if the outside of the tyres were 35mm closer to the centre of the vehicle, they would not have caused a problem.

    What I don't understand though, is that A-Line's head of technical came in person to look at it and said that A-line don't have a rim that will work.
    One assumes that he would have known that the Trench has a positive offset.

    Also, Mahindra's warranty and technical departments approved the warranty claim based on his report.

    I'm going to give him a call to ask him to please explain and will get back to you.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,951
    Thanked: 554

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims



    These are the Trench wheels I am talking about with the 35mm positive offset. These will not rub.



    These are the Grip wheels, they do rub.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Sorry to take so long to get back, Koebelwagen you are right.

    Confirmed with A-line that the trench has a positive offset, and that they would not have rubbed if fitted.

    Photos are of the grip which rubbed and the OEM alloys which are now on the vehicle - they don't rub.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aline grip.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	283.5 KB 
ID:	531382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190511_105348.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	531383  

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lxv For This Useful Post:


  16. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Gobabis
    Age
    43
    Posts
    212
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    I donít get it? The grip wheels come standard on the Karoo edition, so do they rub on that as well?
    2013 VW Amarok Auto-since May 2013
    2014 Isuzu KB 300 dteq 4x4 with extras-for work
    1999 Land Rover 110 TD5 HCPU-alive tuned-for play

    2011 Isuzu KB 250 dteq 4x4 - Manager ry hom-gelukkige blik***
    2006 Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 S-SOLD-nicest car
    2006 Toyota Hilux 3.0 d4d -SOLD- worst car i ever owned

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Namibisuzu View Post
    I don’t get it? The grip wheels come standard on the Karoo edition, so do they rub on that as well?
    Good question - In my case, the PDI was signed off even though the tyres were catching on the plastic trim inside the wheel arches. (Scraping front turning in one direction, back in the other direction.

    Signing off the PDI was a mistake on the part of Autocity Heidelberg (GP) where I got the car.

    I chose the Trench as an optional extra because I liked the way they looked, and was told that the Trench was unavailble but the Grip would work fine, it most definitely didn't.

    As for a whole range (Karoo edition), I can't beleive they would make such a balls up, and it's hard to imagine that the frame is different - the Karoo edition is just a tricked out Pik Up.

    One way to find out is to take one for a test drive!

    Having said all of that, I did go to a mahindra dealership while the Grips were still on the car and measured the distance from the centre of the wheel hub to the edge of the front mudgaurd horizontally (edit: on the Karoo edition) - it was 30mm more than the same measurement on my vehicle, which resulted in a lot of head scratching.

    I was very impressed and happy that Helderberg Mahindra gave me a set of OEM alloys as a straight swap for the Grips, under the warranty.

    At R5,600 + VAT, One of these OEM rims costs more than a full set 4 of A-line Grips.
    Last edited by Lxv; 2019/06/25 at 06:24 PM.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Gobabis
    Age
    43
    Posts
    212
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Lxv View Post
    Good question - In my case, the PDI was signed off even though the tyres were catching on the plastic trim inside the wheel arches. (Scraping front turning in one direction, back in the other direction.

    Signing off the PDI was a mistake on the part of Autocity Heidelberg (GP) where I got the car.

    I chose the Trench as an optional extra because I liked the way they looked, and was told that the Trench was unavailble but the Grip would work fine, it most definitely didn't.

    As for a whole range (Karoo edition), I can't beleive they would make such a balls up, and it's hard to imagine that the frame is different - the Karoo edition is just a tricked out Pik Up.

    One way to find out is to take one for a test drive!

    Having said all of that, I did go to a mahindra dealership while the Grips were still on the car and measured the distance from the centre of the wheel hub to the edge of the front mudgaurd horizontally (edit: on the Karoo edition) - it was 30mm more than the same measurement on my vehicle, which resulted in a lot of head scratching.

    I was very impressed and happy that Helderberg Mahindra gave me a set of OEM alloys as a straight swap for the Grips, under the warranty.

    At R5,600 + VAT, One of these OEM rims costs more than a full set 4 of A-line Grips.
    Well, I have the Lynx on my current scorpio pik up. This is without a lift and with the standard tyres it didn't rub, but when I put on Mud terrains it did rub, so I took of the mud flaps and bent the brackett that holds the front bumper slightly it stopped rubbing.

    From what I can see on the new one, the front bumper is wider and there is wider wheel arches as well, but the rest of the suspension looks the same? So lifting it 30mm, it shouldn't rub I think?
    2013 VW Amarok Auto-since May 2013
    2014 Isuzu KB 300 dteq 4x4 with extras-for work
    1999 Land Rover 110 TD5 HCPU-alive tuned-for play

    2011 Isuzu KB 250 dteq 4x4 - Manager ry hom-gelukkige blik***
    2006 Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 S-SOLD-nicest car
    2006 Toyota Hilux 3.0 d4d -SOLD- worst car i ever owned

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,508
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Namibisuzu View Post
    I don’t get it? The grip wheels come standard on the Karoo edition, so do they rub on that as well?
    Saw them lined up at TWT Glen Marais Kempton park getting the rims fitted.
    Last edited by Robbief; 2019/06/26 at 08:39 PM.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Mahindra aftermarket rims

    Quote Originally Posted by Namibisuzu View Post
    Well, I have the Lynx on my current scorpio pik up. This is without a lift and with the standard tyres it didn't rub, but when I put on Mud terrains it did rub, so I took of the mud flaps and bent the brackett that holds the front bumper slightly it stopped rubbing.

    From what I can see on the new one, the front bumper is wider and there is wider wheel arches as well, but the rest of the suspension looks the same? So lifting it 30mm, it shouldn't rub I think?
    As far as I know, the frame was not changed when the Scorpio became the Pik Up.

    My vehicle has had a 30mm shackle lift at the back and for the hell of it, I raised the front end on the torsion bars by 75mm!

    This was to see if the tyres would still rub and they did.

    Since the fitment of the OEM alloys, I lowered the front on the torsion bars to match the shackle lift, thus getting the front end vs rear end heights right again.

    There are other problems with lifting the front end in an attempt to get the tyres to stop rubbing, apart from the fact that it does not work.

    The car looks odd with the front higher than the back instead of the other way round.
    The steering is too light and the car feels unstable.
    The headlights need to be re-aligned.

    And, most importantly, if you go over a bump with the wheels turned more than halfway at above 30km/hr, the tyre will crunch very hard indeed.

    What you need is a manufacture-specified rim and tyre combo 245/75/16 (so as not to throw the odo, speedo and fuel consumption calculations out), and crucially, as Koebelwagen pointed out, a 35mm positive offset, as with the A-line Lynx.

    What I like about this forum is that by paying attention, I have been able to avoid learning things the hard way (apart from the experience outlined above!)

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lxv For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •