Excel Fuel Consumption Calculator

Default Excel Fuel Consumption Calculator

Hey All -

Was playing around with Excel to help me with fuel planning for an upcoming CKGR trip. I developed a spreadsheet that allows you to select from a list of vehicle and road conditions (eg, from paved road/no trailer with an assigned fuel consumption figure, to sand tracks with a trailer with a higher consumption figure). You select from a drop down list and it then populates with your pre-selected fuel consumption figures. I included both travel legs, and a means to enter "non destination" drives (eg, game drives). There's fields for extra fuel (2nd tank and jerry cans), and reserves, and a fuel cost calculator (to add to depression). The extra field for game drives allows for a different configuration - eg, presuming you left the trailer at the campsite...

Screen shots show one with no data, and one with a CKGR trip I'm planning.

Happy to share the template if anyone is interested -- and -- this is my first CKGR trip, so welcome any comments on the data. The distances came from T4A, and the fuel consumption figures are guesses. I drive a D4 3.0TDI, and will be pulling a conqueror companion.

Yeah, so I'm a nerd... But anyway - might be helpful. Have not tested it yet - but will do over some upcoming trips. PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Template.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	527528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CKGR Data.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	355.5 KB 
ID:	527529  
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2019/05/04 at 09:29 PM.

Default Re: Excel Fuel Consumption Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Hey All -

Was playing around with Excel to help me with fuel planning for an upcoming CKGR trip. I developed a spreadsheet that allows you to select from a list of vehicle and road conditions (eg, from paved road/no trailer with an assigned fuel consumption figure, to sand tracks with a trailer with a higher consumption figure). You select from a drop down list and it then populates with your pre-selected fuel consumption figures. I included both travel legs, and a means to enter "non destination" drives (eg, game drives). There's fields for extra fuel (2nd tank and jerry cans), and reserves, and a fuel cost calculator (to add to depression). The extra field for game drives allows for a different configuration - eg, presuming you left the trailer at the campsite...

Happy to share the template if anyone is interested -- and -- this is my first CKGR trip, so welcome any comments on the data. The distances came from T4A, and the fuel consumption figures are guesses. I drive a D4 3.0TDI, and will be pulling a conqueror companion.

Yeah, so I'm a nerd... But anyway - might be helpful. Have not tested it yet - but will do over some upcoming trips.
    Do you mind mailing me a copy. Looks great. [email protected]
    Deez2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 Overland2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS2007 BMW M325i 2007 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 2.8 TDi (DC) 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by DEEZ View Post
    Do you mind mailing me a copy. Looks great. [email protected]

Sent. Enjoy!

Sent. Enjoy!
    Thanks a stack
    Deez2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 Overland2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS2007 BMW M325i 2007 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 2.8 TDi (DC) 4x4

Looks really cool. Would you mind emailing me a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by PK1972 View Post
    Looks really cool. Would you mind emailing me a copy?
    yep - just PM me your e-mail...

Hey All -

Yeah, so I'm a nerd... But anyway - might be helpful. Have not tested it yet - but will do over some upcoming trips. PM me if interested.
    looks good please mail me a copy [email protected] thanks Andre

yep - just PM me your e-mail...
    [email protected]

Thanks so much

Please would you share it with me

[email protected]