T6 Transporter BiTdi

Default T6 Transporter BiTdi

Good morning all

I have been looking for a BiTdi T6 crewbus for quite some time now and I think I have found a good one (3 year old 4-motion with DSG), definitely worth looking further into.

Unfortunately I am out of the country for the next 5 weeks so I could miss out on the deal if I don't act on it rather soon.

Can you guys help me out with points to consider, problems associated with the car that I should look out for, etc?

If there are already threads on this subject that I couldn't find, please direct me accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: T6 Transporter BiTdi

Morning! I'm in a similar situation. Would also like to hear about things to look out for. And possible order of items to "upgrade" from essential to nice to have's

Maybe have a look at my VW Transporter t5.1 - Shrek ownership thread as a start if you have not done so already.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...porter-4motion

CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

I was about to start reading your thread when I saw I had a reply here. Thanks for the nudge. You have a very sweet ride there

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...ter?highlight=

You will not regret if you get one! ake sure that you have extended mechanical cover, or a friend that is a VW mechanic. Check the basics when you decide on a vehicle. On the drivetrain side the T6 and the T5.1 are identical. Only cosmetic upgrades, dash, grill bumpers etc. The new T6.1 is due next year, again just cosmetics from the T6

No money for a real 4x4 so I pimped my
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

Good afternoon all

I have found a cracker of a T6 4Motion DSG LWB just shy of 60 000km for pretty decent price and seriously considering it.

The current service plan will expire at 60 000km (pretty short duration in my opinion) and the dealer has quoted the following from VW:

Upgrade Maintenance plan for 6 years from date of first registration or 120000 kmís whichever comes first at R42126.00 incl VAT;
    Extension Service plan for 6 years from date of first registration or 120000 kmís whichever comes first at R13223.00 incl VAT;
    Extension Mechanical Breakdown Warranty for 2 years unlimited kmís at R13570.00 incl VAT.

Is this all worth it?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

A lot depends on your expected mileage.

CATS
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottoc View Post
    Good afternoon all

I have found a cracker of a T6 4Motion DSG LWB just shy of 60 000km for pretty decent price and seriously considering it.

The current service plan will expire at 60 000km (pretty short duration in my opinion) and the dealer has quoted the following from VW:

Upgrade Maintenance plan for 6 years from date of first registration or 120000 kmís whichever comes first at R42126.00 incl VAT;
    Extension Service plan for 6 years from date of first registration or 120000 kmís whichever comes first at R13223.00 incl VAT;
    Extension Mechanical Breakdown Warranty for 2 years unlimited kmís at R13570.00 incl VAT.

Is this all worth it?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    My 2c, pay for the services and add the Extended Mechanical Breakdown Warranty ( The vehicle is still under factory warrany and the kms is low so they should cover 100% if anything happens)

No money for a real 4x4 so I pimped my
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    A lot depends on your expected mileage.

CATS
    I can't see myself using the full 60 000km.

I only covered 50 000km on the Touareg I just sold over the 5 years I had it...

I found the unicorn!

2017 SWB BiTDi 4Motion DSG at a fantastic price. So good that I could drive it for a year and sell it for the same, if not more...

- Seikel suspension (original suspension also supplied if ever needed)
    - Drawer system that folds out to large bed
    - Upgraded rear bumper with recovery points and spare wheel holder
    - 75liter SS water tank with pump
    - Air suspension on the rear
    - Upgraded sound system
    - Extended motorplan to end February-2022

I had given up on finding my T6 but this one popped up on my feed and I couldn't say no.

On top of all that, the seller was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Looks like it's the van life for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T6 - 1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	496.5 KB 
ID:	545837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T6 - 2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	545838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T6 - 3.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	545839  

I found the unicorn!

2017 SWB BiTDi 4Motion DSG at a fantastic price. So good that I could drive it for a year and sell it for the same, if not more...

- Upgraded sound system

I had given up on finding my T6 but this one popped up on my feed and I couldn't say no.

On top of all that, the seller was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Wow she looks very nice, take her, btw, that is a T6 model if I am not mistaken.
    Can you try and found out who made the back bumper with the spare wheel carrier, I am looking for one, and if you in the CT area, let meknow, I also want to have a look at the double bed system that it have in.

Cheers
    Pepe
    Pepe Kleinhans
    VW Caravelle T5 4-Motion
    KTM 520 EXC and BMW R1250 GSA

I found the unicorn!

- Upgraded sound system

Super cool Swamper you got there Scottoc!!

Enjoy. That rear bumper looks the business, would also like to know who did it.

CATS
    2003 Safari Xplorer

I have spoken to the seller (@Pepe - I have already bought it ) and he says the rear bumper with wheel carrier was from Maniac 4x4 and he dealt with a guy named Mark.

He has sent me Mark's mobile number. PM me and I will share it with you guys.

I am based in Cape Town but I am away for work until late November.

I have spoken to the seller (@Pepe - I have already bought it ) and he says the rear bumper with wheel carrier was from Maniac 4x4 and he dealt with a guy named Mark.

He has sent me Mark's mobile number. PM me and I will share it with you guys.

I am based in Cape Town but I am away for work until late November.

Congratulations, sure you will have lots of good memories with her.

Thanks for the info, I will contact Maniac next week when I am back home

Enjoy your new bus

Cheers
    Pepe
    Pepe Kleinhans
    VW Caravelle T5 4-Motion
    KTM 520 EXC and BMW R1250 GSA