Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 362
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    So the new plates are on

    The only name I could think of to match was Jar jar Binx.

    Mesa like it!
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    I have blanked the egr system but wanted to inspect the intake manifold.

    It is fairly clean and have noted....

    This Gen4 has an ATF dipstick - awesome
    This one doesnt have the two piece intake manifold with swirl flaps - awesome
    EGR blank doesn't throw a CEL - awesome

    Dropping a bolt while working on it takes seconds, not hours, to find.

    Everything is 12, 14 or 17mm bolts or nuts.
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    16,893
    Thanked: 6238

    Default Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Marius, waar sal mens 2 gear levers kry vir n pajero box. En die voor en agter propshaft slip jokes wat in gearbox in steek?
    Last edited by Reenen; 2019/05/24 at 07:37 PM.
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Namib Desert
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,656
    Thanked: 1482

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post

    Everything is 12, 14 or 17mm bolts or nuts.

    wait till you do the rear wheel bearings
    Walter aka "Meerkat"
    D40 Datsun V6
    130 Puma

    Namboyz

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Marius, waar sal mens 2 gear levers kry vir n pajero box. En die voor en agter propshaft slip jokes wat in gearbox in steek?
    Martin by parthunt sal jou beste kans wees.

    My Pa se gen1 se prpshafts le nog hier. Hulle was gematch aan n gen2 box. Dalk kan hulle gemodify word om te werk.

    Whatsapp my more dan stuur ek fotos en measurements
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,801
    Thanked: 17212

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AboutAfrica View Post
    wait till you do the rear wheel bearings
    That's a hub replacement..
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Namib Desert
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,656
    Thanked: 1482

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    That's a hub replacement..
    sshhhhh...don't spoil the surprise...




    but still, lovely vehicles. And with the egr blank and a proper zaust, pulls like a train.
    Walter aka "Meerkat"
    D40 Datsun V6
    130 Puma

    Namboyz

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AboutAfrica View Post
    sshhhhh...don't spoil the surprise...




    but still, lovely vehicles. And with the egr blank and a proper zaust, pulls like a train.
    Its 8kw and 27NM down on the volla and the pajero weighs 300kg less but the volla will smoke the pajero.


    But thats not why I bought it.

    The Pajero is plenty quick enough anyway, but its job is to cost me less over the next decade than the touareg would have done.

    Immediate things I love though

    The higher seating position
    The agricultural sound of the engine (i love the sound of big basic diesels)
    The low stall speed of the torque converter
    The interior black that doesnt peel (vw owners will know what I mean)
    The monstrous packing space in the boot

    I need a set of spots though. The factory lights are rubbish!
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  10. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,801
    Thanked: 17212

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Its 8kw and 27NM down on the volla and the pajero weighs 300kg less but the volla will smoke the pajero.


    But thats not why I bought it.

    The Pajero is plenty quick enough anyway, but its job is to cost me less over the next decade than the touareg would have done.

    Immediate things I love though

    The higher seating position
    The agricultural sound of the engine (i love the sound of big basic diesels)
    The low stall speed of the torque converter
    The interior black that doesnt peel (vw owners will know what I mean)
    The monstrous packing space in the boot

    I need a set of spots though. The factory lights are rubbish!
    Marius, you are preaching to the choir here, rather tell us something we don't know, apart from the lights. They seem quite the bomb for me.
    Last edited by Riaan van Wyk; 2019/05/24 at 08:35 PM.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Also : the less weight and higher cc engine means turbo lag is a lot less. (perceived lag)
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  12. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    I can also report that with the dash strip for the gps install, I could see some dash brackets to tame the dash rattles.
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  13. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    St Albans
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,573
    Thanked: 1195

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    I can also report that with the dash strip for the gps install, I could see some dash brackets to tame the dash rattles.
    If possible could you show a picture, want to see if its the pointless dealer attempt or Mr.Gs proper fix.

  14. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    66
    Posts
    5,930
    Thanked: 4513

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    If possible could you show a picture, want to see if its the pointless dealer attempt or Mr.Gs proper fix.
    Why not post a pic or 6 of how it should look, share your knowledge
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

    Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:


  16. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    16,893
    Thanked: 6238

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Goeie huisvriende van ons het hister middag een gekry. En toe kom kuier hulle vir naweek by ons. Ons gaan netnou in berg braai met haar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8b9318cd-62b5-4d50-8b69-f21f2c4bf146.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	529233
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:


  18. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    16,893
    Thanked: 6238

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Martin by parthunt sal jou beste kans wees.

    My Pa se gen1 se prpshafts le nog hier. Hulle was gematch aan n gen2 box. Dalk kan hulle gemodify word om te werk.

    Whatsapp my more dan stuur ek fotos en measurements
    Bsie dankie. Ek sal dit graag by jou oorkoop. Ek kom so oor 3 weke by jou verby. Dan kan ek dit optel.
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Reenen For This Useful Post:


  20. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Langs die rivier, op n berg
    Posts
    16,893
    Thanked: 6238

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Bsie dankie. Ek sal dit graag by jou oorkoop. Ek kom so oor 3 weke by jou verby. Dan kan ek dit optel.
    Altwee propshafts. Dan kan ek hulle net verander om op unimog te pas.
    Vrywaring: Niks wat ek hier kwyt raak moet hoegenaamd as feite beskou word nie.

  21. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reenen View Post
    Altwee propshafts. Dan kan ek hulle net verander om op unimog te pas.
    Ek stuur later fotos
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  22. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queenstown
    Age
    62
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 52

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    So the new plates are on

    The only name I could think of to match was Jar jar Binx.

    Mesa like it!
    Why did you park it on its side?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonve For This Useful Post:


  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17,597
    Thanked: 3522

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonve View Post
    Why did you park it on its side?
    Standard procedure for white japanese SUVs.
    1993 3.0 V6 Pajero - SOLD : 2001 3.2 Di-D Pajero - SOLD
    2005 Touareg R5 2.5 TDi - SOLD : 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
    My YouTube channel
    Touareg Manuals Google Drive Folder : Pajero Manuals Google Drive Folder
    The clever ones are being outbred & overruled by the not so clever ones. Pair that with unchecked selfishness. We are heading for a fall!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:


  26. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanked: 230

    Default Re: Marius's Gen4 Pajero life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    I have blanked the egr system but wanted to inspect the intake manifold.

    It is fairly clean and have noted....

    This Gen4 has an ATF dipstick - awesome
    This one doesnt have the two piece intake manifold with swirl flaps - awesome
    EGR blank doesn't throw a CEL - awesome

    Dropping a bolt while working on it takes seconds, not hours, to find.

    Everything is 12, 14 or 17mm bolts or nuts.
    How did you inspect the intake manifold, did you take it off or just shine a torch down the intake?
    2012 Pajero Sport 3.2 A/T
    2020 Forester 2.0IS CVT
    EX: 2001 colt V6, 2010 jimny

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •