Dutch greetings!

Default Dutch greetings!

Hi folks,

I wanted to introduce myself here as I have been on this forum for a bit. I am a Dutchman currently in Windhoek with our 4x4 MAN truck. We just arrived where after travelling for 5 months through Africa.

our journey started in Uganda where we bought and build the truck before we set off, then through Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia and finally Namibia. We are a family of four, having two boys of 3 and 8 years old, my wife and myself. We have had a fantastic journey with many highlights and we are still processing everything from these past months. Windhoek is our final destination for our trip and so we spend our last days here getting the truck ready for storage, some repairs etc.

After any long journey with a vehicle, you will have developed a strong bond or relation with it, curiously affective I realize, as I only own this thing less than a year now but so much we experienced with it, so many great moments we had with this truck that now it is a time to reflect on all we have seen and done.

We will have to leave this truck in Windhoek for now and pick up our normal lives again in the Netherlands after these six months of travelling through Africa, what a great adventure it was, travelling together as a family with adventure on our side. An experience we will not forget!

I will write later about how this journey/project started and what I want to do with it when we cannot use it. I think it is a shame if it just sits somewhere, this thing should keep rolling, going through Africa where it is right at home. Iíll stop here before I get too long.

Hope to be here more frequently, I will add some pics of the truck..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daobra For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Dutch greetings!

Welcome, sounds like an amazing trip. I would love to do something similiar one day.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8
    Conqueror Compact 2

I don't trust anyone who's nice to me but rude to the Janitor. They lack integrity...

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to some pics

I will upload pictures of our journey, I am however having trouble uploading pics from my phone. Will do so when I return home...

As promised, some pictures of our truck and journey..

I find posting not the easiest here, posting linked pictures from a cloud source logs me out??
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daobra For This Useful Post:

Welcome looking forward to the write up, keep us updated please
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.