Schoemanskloof - Stop and Go.

Default Schoemanskloof - Stop and Go.

Hi Mites.

I’m heading down to Kruger on Tuesday and have been advised that there is a “Stop and Go” in operation on the Schoemanskloof section of the N4.

Time is an issue for me in terms of making the gate - can only get of work from lunch time in JHB.

Has anyone gone through the “Stop and Go” recently and can they advise on expected time delays please.

Need to know if I should go Waterval Onder / Boven or continue on Schoemanskloof which is my normal route.

Thanking you all in advance
    Last edited by horrace; 2019/04/26 at 03:12 PM.

Default Re: Schoemanskloof - Stop and Go.

Some months ago I visited friends in Nelspruit and there was a Stop and Go just as you turned off N4 onto Schoemanskloof. I was in KNP this past weekend via Shoemanskloof - Lydenburg and up to the Lydenburg turn-off there is nothing, actually a very nice road that.

The Lydenburg road via Schoenaskloof is a nightmare. The Dullstroom - Lydenburg is much better and saving that horrendous tollgate at Machadodorp! The rest of Schoemaskloof to Nelspruit I am not sure of.

Thank you Anton for the feedback

Not sure where the Stop is but if it's on the R539 just stay on the N4 and miss it all together?

I went past yesterday and they were still working. I had 1 temporary stop go that was open when I got there. It was on the uphill just after the Machado Toll Gate. Maybe give the Trac Helpdesk ( 080 087 2264) a call before you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie81 View Post
    Not sure where the Stop is but if it's on the R539 just stay on the N4 and miss it all together?
    In the afternoon trucks are a big problem on the N4, hence my use of Schoemanskloof, sometimes. Be aware there are just as many on the Schoemanskloof road.

My other route to KNP is turn off at Machado, assuming you are heading for Malelane Gate.
    I go on R38 then T-Junction left to Baberton, then left to Kaapmuiden. The Baberton - Kaapmuiden road is a bit choppy and not as good, but good enough. It is 428km, very nice views and no (few) trucks. N4 is 405km from my place. The extra 23km is better than drive behind a convoy of trucks for 20 minutes.
    Last edited by AntonN; 2019/04/26 at 04:31 PM.

Thanx for all the feedback. Used to do the Barberton route when they upgraded the N4.

Will contact Track as suggested on Monday to see if they can advise on what’s happening Tuesday..

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    In the afternoon trucks are a big problem on the N4, hence my use of Schoemanskloof, sometimes. Be aware there are just as many on the Schoemanskloof road.

My other route to KNP is turn off at Machado, assuming you are heading for Malelane Gate.
    I go on R38 then T-Junction left to Baberton, then left to Kaapmuiden. The Baberton - Kaapmuiden road is a bit choppy and not as good, but good enough. It is 428km, very nice views and no (few) trucks. N4 is 405km from my place. The extra 23km is better than drive behind a convoy of trucks for 20 minutes.
    Same route we also take to Malelane... R38, but can't remember it being bad when we passed through there last September with the bikes. Could be different now after the rain.

Just asked my mate who lives opposite the Bambi. Count on 10 mins a stop. Sometimes quicker and sometimes slower. Mostly luck that determines the wait
    '98 P38 Rangie

Craig

We did Schoemanskloof down on April 13th and back April 18th and NO stops between Nelspruit and Machadadorp EITHER way. Road was in great condition!!

Travel safely!!
    Cheers

D

=======================================
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6 Pentastar

1967 MGB GT

Thanx to everyone who has responded. Will post feedback myself once I’m through it on Tuesday...

I went past there three weeks ago and again last week. One stop and go. 5 min delay last week.

Three weeks ago 2 stop&go's 20min
    Blasting at Belfast 40 mins
    Accent at Witbank 30 mins

Drove through today. I could see where the stop and go was - it’s as you turn onto Schoemanskloof after the toll plaza coming from JHB. No stop and go. I would say the estimate of a 10/15 minute maximum wait if it were active would be about right.