Isuzu KB 300 D-Teq 2009 No Power

Default Isuzu KB 300 D-Teq 2009 No Power

About 4 months ago I hit a large water puddle in the road, and immediately after that my bakkie went into limp mode. Battled to pull away. When the turbo helps with power and one changes gears, no power until the turbo boosts. Going uphill one changes down all the way until there is no more power or gears left. It goes downhill beautifully until the road starts with a slight up hill.

When one starts it in the morning there is no throttle respons for about 15-20 seconds until it slowly picks up revs. And then battles to reach higher revs. Throttle response very weak and delayed.

Changed suction control valve. No improvement. Had a diesel mech here for a whole day checking for faults, loose wires and sensors. No luck.

Had it on two different computers at Bosch agents and at an ADCO centre. No errors.

ADCO centre suspects its the turbo, but only willing to check if I leave a 10k deposit. Isuzu wants R1500 to run their diagnostics.

I am at witts end with this vehicle. Never gave me any mechanical issues. Only changed the normal wear and tear parts one would change like brakes, shocks, tyres etc.

This is my 8th Isuzu and not going to change easily.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Default Re: Isuzu KB 300 D-Teq 2009 No Power

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqu View Post
    About 4 months ago I hit a large water puddle in the road, and immediately after that my bakkie went into limp mode. Battled to pull away. When the turbo helps with power and one changes gears, no power until the turbo boosts. Going uphill one changes down all the way until there is no more power or gears left. It goes downhill beautifully until the road starts with a slight up hill.

When one starts it in the morning there is no throttle respons for about 15-20 seconds until it slowly picks up revs. And then battles to reach higher revs. Throttle response very weak and delayed.

Changed suction control valve. No improvement. Had a diesel mech here for a whole day checking for faults, loose wires and sensors. No luck.

Had it on two different computers at Bosch agents and at an ADCO centre. No errors.

ADCO centre suspects its the turbo, but only willing to check if I leave a 10k deposit. Isuzu wants R1500 to run their diagnostics.

I am at witts end with this vehicle. Never gave me any mechanical issues. Only changed the normal wear and tear parts one would change like brakes, shocks, tyres etc.

This is my 8th Isuzu and not going to change easily.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?
    Have u checked if the turbo vnt moves and isnt stuck ? Or have u maybe checked ifthe cat is blocked and maybe checked the injectors? Maybe ur loosing boost on ur intercooler somehow also clean ur maf sensor it might be dirty or damged
    Last edited by giolanman; 2019/04/23 at 10:35 PM.
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

The turbo vent moves. I had the intercooler pressure tested. Have not checked injectors because of the price the techs want to check them. MAF was checked. The blocked CAT you refer to. I am not familiar with that. Could you please shed some light for me on what it is or does and where to locate it please?

The turbo vent moves. I had the intercooler pressure tested. Have not checked injectors because of the price the techs want to check them. MAF was checked. The blocked CAT you refer to. I am not familiar with that. Could you please shed some light for me on what it is or does and where to locate it please?
    The injectors u can check on a diagnostic machine basically the blocked cat is that thing right behind the exhaust by the turbo like a catalitic coverter butfor dieselsit sometimes gets blocked of the black soot my dads kb5 has a straight pipe 63mm sounds awsome and pulls much better
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

Thank you very much. I will take a look in the morning and see if I can determine if it is blocked and get back to you.

I am really desperate getting my vehicle running again

Thank you very much. I will take a look in the morning and see if I can determine if it is blocked and get back to you.

I am really desperate getting my vehicle running again
    Just get it cut out or degutted basically my other concern is ur egr might be stuck open possibly

This problem started going through a water puddle?? have you checked the diesel filter not sure if the 300 sits in the same place underneath by the fuel tank like the 250? My water trap sensor sometimes goes on if I drive through a lot of water then goes off again once dry but has no effect on performance.
    Last edited by Fishing1; 2019/04/24 at 09:32 PM.

We have changed all the filters. The water trap sensor wires was off though, but only caused an error on the dash showing water trap filter. After reconnecting all was fine. This issue seems to be minor maybe. But to find the cause seems to be another headache

Quote Originally Posted by giolanman View Post
    Just get it cut out or degutted basically my other concern is ur egr might be stuck open possibly
    How would I be able to test if the egr stays open with a multimeter for example?

Could it be coincedence that my issue started after going through the puddle of water, or could it be the water playing a bigger roll?

Did you check the air filter and inlet manifold for evidence of water?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Did you check the air filter and inlet manifold for evidence of water?
    I replaced the air filter. But all this happened 4 months ago, and all should be dry by now. We just gave up on trying to repair or look for the faults seeing that the professionals were wrong with their diagnosis time after time. If I had to spend the money they guessed the problem to be. I would be R35k out of pocket and not any further