Ponta Malongane update - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ponta Malongane update

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Was there the same weekend as Jelo

Booked of with Malaria. Symptoms started over the weekend, visited casualties Tuesday night. Not very pleasant.
    oops

We'll keep an eye out.

What symptoms did you exhibit?
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Had a slight headache last week, and then a bit of a stomach ache. Thought it was a stomach bug so did not act upon it.

Started getting fever over the weekend, but this would then disappear again. Felt better on Monday morning with no fever thus I did not bother to make appointment at dr. as it seemed like the stomach bug had passed. Body soreness started over the weekend.

Started feeling cold and shivered on Tuesday with a fever again. Think I waited a bit too long, but the symptoms were intermittent so did not make much of it.

Had a slight headache last week, and then a bit of a stomach ache. Thought it was a stomach bug so did not act upon it.

Started getting fever over the weekend, but this would then disappear again. Felt better on Monday morning with no fever thus I did not bother to make appointment at dr. as it seemed like the stomach bug had passed. Body soreness started over the weekend.

Started feeling cold and shivered on Tuesday with a fever again. Think I waited a bit too long, but the symptoms were intermittent so did not make much of it.
    thanks, we'll keep an eye out for those: we got well bitten by the little bastards
    Percivamus

Was there the same weekend as Jelo

Booked of with Malaria. Symptoms started over the weekend, visited casualties Tuesday night. Not very pleasant.

Did you take malaria meds before you went?

Nope did not take any...

I'm taking them at the moment though

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    thanks, we'll keep an eye out for those: we got well bitten by the little bastards
    We were attacked in swarms as well, but Mozitech was taken religiously by all of us (youngest is 8 years old) and it certainly did its thing.

No symptoms or illness by anyone of our group.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

Okay, finally feeling human again.

Due to the nature of our trip I did not bother to get the required malaria meds. Very stupid on my side. I grew up in Zululand and never deemed it necessary to take the meds when we go to Sodwana, Kosi Bay or South of Maputo.

I take a no nonsense approach to malaria prophylaxis with my wife and kids, but since the mosquito's never really bite me and that we've never had any troubles in these areas I myself did not take it. Please feel free to call me stupid as I have called myself all sorts of names the past few days.

Back on the topic. Ponta is becoming a bit commercial, but I felt it was quite good compared to South African coastal towns over long weekends. Busy but not so busy that we did not enjoy it.

Back on the topic. Ponta is becoming a bit commercial, but I felt it was quite good compared to South African coastal towns over long weekends. Busy but not so busy that we did not enjoy it.
    Yep, we were quite happy considering it was a peak weekend. The only issue was the speeders and racers.
    Percivamus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2