Snomaster question





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    35
    Posts
    228
    Thanked: 57

    Default Snomaster question

    Morning Forumites,

    I took the plunge and bought my first 12v/220v fridge/freezer, a 56L Dual Snomaster. Very good quality and bit bigger than I anticipated.

    Came with cover and nice wireless remote. Took it out of the box and connect to AC for the first night to test. After reading a bit on the forum I set the freezer (small compartment) to -2 and the fridge (big compartment) to 0.

    Next morning the -2 stood at -7 and the 0 stood at -4. Is this correct that it gets colder than the set range? Was in the home and ambient temp was about 18-21. Installed dual battery system on Friday and wanted to test on DC but for some reason while driving my hella point wiggles and disconnects and reconnect so the fridge whenever checked after driving was not on.
    Current: 2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AT DC 4x2 with 1985 Jurgens Fleetline L
    Sold: 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL MT DC 4x2, Sold: 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Trend, Sold: 2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD Supercab, Sold: 2007 Ford Bantam 1.6 XLE, Sold: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Sport

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ellisras
    Age
    56
    Posts
    590
    Thanked: 379

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    I have 2. One 11y old 60L and one 1year ol 66L Twin door. Both drop to about 2 degrees lower than the setting, compressor switches off. Then when the temp rises to approx 2deg above the setting, it starts. The newer on is slightly more accurate though. I found if the fidges are empty you might get more erratic start stop cycles.
    Last edited by Dungbeetle; 2019/04/08 at 09:26 AM.
    2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) beyond 830 000 km

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,101
    Thanked: 228

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    And... The way I understand is that with the SnoMaster (unlike the NL), you can choose any of the two compartments to be the fridge and/or freezer...
    Last edited by SinWolf; 2019/04/08 at 09:39 AM.
    .

    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 6 Auto Diesel
    Lynx Bashplate
    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    35
    Posts
    228
    Thanked: 57

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Quote Originally Posted by Dungbeetle View Post
    I have 2. One 11y old 60L and one 1year ol 66L Twin door. Both drop to about 2 degrees lower than the setting, compressor switches off. Then when the temp rises to approx 2deg above the setting, it starts. The newer on is slightly more accurate though. I found if the fidges are empty you might get more erratic start stop cycles.
    Yes apologies, I had to mention both compartments are empty
    Current: 2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AT DC 4x2 with 1985 Jurgens Fleetline L
    Sold: 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL MT DC 4x2, Sold: 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Trend, Sold: 2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD Supercab, Sold: 2007 Ford Bantam 1.6 XLE, Sold: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Sport

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    58
    Posts
    321
    Thanked: 295

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    And... The way I understand is that with the SnoMaster (unlike the NL), you can choose any of the two compartments to be the fridgeand/or freezer...

    Correct.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

    Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    35
    Posts
    228
    Thanked: 57

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    And... The way I understand is that with the SnoMaster (unlike the NL), you can choose any of the two compartments to be the fridgeand/or freezer...
    Correct, that to me was the deciding factor. Have had the Dometic on my wish-list for more than a year and then the Snomaster popped up with a special price.
    Current: 2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AT DC 4x2 with 1985 Jurgens Fleetline L
    Sold: 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL MT DC 4x2, Sold: 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Trend, Sold: 2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD Supercab, Sold: 2007 Ford Bantam 1.6 XLE, Sold: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Sport

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,947
    Thanked: 533

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin06 View Post
    Morning Forumites,

    I took the plunge and bought my first 12v/220v fridge/freezer, a 56L Dual Snomaster. Very good quality and bit bigger than I anticipated.

    Came with cover and nice wireless remote. Took it out of the box and connect to AC for the first night to test. After reading a bit on the forum I set the freezer (small compartment) to -2 and the fridge (big compartment) to 0.

    Next morning the -2 stood at -7 and the 0 stood at -4. Is this correct that it gets colder than the set range? Was in the home and ambient temp was about 18-21. Installed dual battery system on Friday and wanted to test on DC but for some reason while driving my hella point wiggles and disconnects and reconnect so the fridge whenever checked after driving was not on.
    I own the bdc110 model.

    What you describe re the temperature is normal, it is much more stable once filled. Also, I have done some experiments where I set the left compartment to -15 and the right compartment to +2 and it managed to maintain these temperatures.

    On the supplied "Hella/ lighter" combo plug; Cut it off and fit a standard Hella connector and you won't have issues with intermittant connectivity.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Koebelwagen For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Polokwane
    Age
    53
    Posts
    522
    Thanked: 327

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    When set on 0 my Snomaster 60l will vary between -1 and +1
    Last edited by DC Polokwane; 2019/04/09 at 04:45 PM.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Remove the Hella and fit a Brad Harrison..will never come loose.
    Last edited by Kaptein Jack; 2019/04/09 at 05:50 PM.

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaptein Jack For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    35
    Posts
    228
    Thanked: 57

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Thanks for all the replies. Popped into 4x4 Megaworld and they will fit a BH and then all should be smooth sailing after that.
    Current: 2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AT DC 4x2 with 1985 Jurgens Fleetline L
    Sold: 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL MT DC 4x2, Sold: 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Trend, Sold: 2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD Supercab, Sold: 2007 Ford Bantam 1.6 XLE, Sold: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Sport

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluefin06 For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    209
    Thanked: 71

    Default Re: Snomaster question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin06 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Popped into 4x4 Megaworld and they will fit a BH and then all should be smooth sailing after that.
    i cut my cable about 20/30cm away from the cigarette plug end and put a Brad Harrison on each end, this way of something happened to my power box/BH plug or anything foreseen i can still use the cigarette lighter connection as well. the end lays in one of the fridge jacket pockets. i just like redundancy...
    Ford Ranger 3.2 Auto 4x4 XLT
    Paj DiD SWB Auto
    E92 335i 430kw at the wheels!
    VW G6 GTi DSG

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kish2604 For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •