DIY Bakkie Hoist build

Default DIY Bakkie Hoist build

Hi

Check out my bakkie hoist build on my youtube channel "The Make It Factory".

If you find this of value to you please support me by subscribing and you will see more builds in the future.

Please check out part 2 aswell.
    https://youtu.be/QHBVJzvJ-HU

Thanks for watching

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moseswal For This Useful Post:

Default Re: DIY Bakkie Hoist build

I really enjoy watching fabrication videos even though I dont do much. But its lekker when they have a S African flavour. Whats your background.? Do you work at home or just as a hobby.? I ask because you look quite organized. A 4x6 h/v bandsaw and what looks like a myford and a rongfu rf 30 round column mil/drill.
    It looks like a plasma cutter is a very usefull tool. How much are they and what else do you need to operate them. Some kind of gas ?

Hi

I'm glad you liked the video.

My Background is growing up on a small holding, so I've been hands on since young then drafting and design. It's a hobby, it's my space were I can be free. It took me 7 years to get the workshop to this point, including building the building with some help from friends. I looked out for deals on tools and made some sacrifices. The plasma cutter costed around R4000 and you need compressed air.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moseswal For This Useful Post:

I think we've got a new MacGyver on the Forum! DIY canopy, tool chest and now this hoist! Well done, I'll start following you on YT.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Hi

Actually I,m an old MacGyver on the Forum lol.
    Thanks for following me.
    Last edited by moseswal; 2019/04/08 at 12:10 PM.

I have also been building a workshop over many years. My biggest problem is I cant draw at all . How big is the learning curve on a cad programme. ?What other tools have you made.?There is a thread called useful homemade tools thread where some of your stuff could benifit the forum members.

How do you bend the radiuses on your bender and bench. ?I just never seem to have enough tools. But I would like to get a plasma cutter ,I just cant justify it at the moment. How thick can it cut and what size compressor would one need. Would a 100 l be big enough?

I'm subscribed.

Some nice conceptualising skills there.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Hi

There are many free software and tutorials available on youtube. If you can read a drawing then you can do a drawing. How fast you learn is up to you but I would start with autodesk fussion as that is targeted at smaller shops and is free for our purposes.

I posted a tool on your thread.

What exites me is finding ways of doing complex jobs with limited tools. Find a way to do it.

You need to size the compressor free air delivery with your consumption. With the plasma cutter depending on the one you have you need to maintain a 4 bar pressure while cutting. It will be annoying to cut 100mm and then the air runs out, 100 L is a good tank size but more importantly look at the free air delivery.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moseswal For This Useful Post: