H1 rear seats don't fold???

Default H1 rear seats don't fold???

So I have always admired the H1, it's a good looking bus, and pretty comfy. I might even consider one in the not so distant future, but today I was dissapointed.

We went for a cycle this morning, and after a few big climbs, went for brekkie and coffees. Decided after breakfast we were too lazy to ride home, so we ordered and Uber van.

H1 arrived and the driver was obviously not familiar with the vehicle (it was brand spanking new). He proceeded to fold the back seat down to fit the bikes in, and he couldn't figure it out. I thought he must be missing something, but I also couldn't figure it out. The backrest folds forward and backward quiet a lot, but it seems there is no way to fold the seat flat, or forward. I think that's seriously an oversight in a van of this nature.

Default Re: H1 rear seats don't fold???

Yes. Annoying as hel.
    The previous model also don't fold flat

Quote Originally Posted by Ocin View Post
    Yes. Annoying as hel.
    The previous model also don't fold flat
    Ya, what I really dont get is the back rest folds forward to about 45deg, and then stops. At that angle its impossible to sit, but still doesnt help with making more useable space in the boot....

SO essentially you need to completely remove the third tow to take advantage of the packing space....

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    Ya, what I really dont get is the back rest folds forward to about 45deg, and then stops. At that angle its impossible to sit, but still doesnt help with making more useable space in the boot....

SO essentially you need to completely remove the third tow to take advantage of the packing space....
    Get the H1 Multicab if you want luggage space.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Get the H1 Multicab if you want luggage space.
    Or, maybe they could put in an intelligently designed seat, and I could have the best of both worlds. The multicab doesnt really solve the problem. Sometimes I want all the seating space, sometimes I want none.... proper folding seats solve this problem.....

You'll probably find that some stupid Euro safety spec means they aren't allowed to fold.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    You'll probably find that some stupid Euro safety spec means they aren't allowed to fold.
    Might be. I had a look at the vito as well since, and it has a very smart set up that makes removing the seats to change the config very easy..... But doesn't really help if I want to use the seats again when I reach my destination.. ..