Tyre Advice Needed

Default Tyre Advice Needed

Hi Guys,

So its time for me to put on a new set of takkies on my Navara.

I will be replacing the Hankook Dynapro A/T which has given me very good service.

I am getting 2 fairly good deals and would like to know your opinions/experience.

The options I have is the Maxxis AT700 Bravo or the Bridgestone duelers 694. Which do you think is the better option. The Maxxis are priced at 400 extra for the set.

I do about 70% tar and 30% gravel, and in some cases a bit more than gravel.

Default Re: Tyre Advice Needed

Don't have knowledge on the Maxis but can vouch for the D694. Excellent AT tyre. No issues in off road conditions like in Moz and gravel roads around SA. Really rocky roads may be an issue as the sidewall is not as thick compared to the Dueller 697.

Good Year Adventure AT good value for money.

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_za/consum....WRLATADV.html
    Ps 16:5

Why not stick to the Hankooks?

Bostoe

HI guys, have 2 issues: 1. My newish Fortuner 2.8 Auto 4 x 4 has had one tyre rotation and at 40 000 service asked for it again - front to back only. Dealer w/shop foreman said there was slight uneven wear and would re-align fronts wheels but no balancing and no rotating as that would throw out the existing good balance. Please help me here Tiger Wheel Shelly Beach KZN says never heard of such rubbish.
    Am going to ask Tiger what life they have left - looks good as in 40 to 50% left. What do you guys say ?

2. Wife has Ford Focus eco boost 1.5 turbo with only 17000 on the clock at 2 yrs. Tyres are Goodyear Efficient Grip 215/50 x 17 and are the noisiest tyres I've ever has the displeasure to experience. A lot of our "roads" have popcorn and/or rough surface for grip and water dispersion and on these it is so bad that we cannot hear unless we shout. Never mind the headaches after a medium to long distance drive.
    Am hoping its the tyres and not the car but one way or the other, the culprit(s) must go. Any assistance greatly welcomed.

For the record I am now 75 and over the last 60 years have travelled extensively in a lot of Africa in vehicles such as Ford Prefect, Ford Zephyr,
    Auto Union DKW 1000 2-stroke, Mini, Cortina (various) Sierra (various), Hyundais Accent, Elantra, Sonata, Terracan, Landy Defender, Landy Disco 3 TDV6, BMW 3 series (various) BMW X4 3.0 TD (Wow). Fortuner after Disco failed 5 times in neighbouring countries. Ford Focus.
    Maybe some I don't remember.

Disco Boy
    These in my Company: Disco Boy 2 x Discovery 111 TDV6, 2008 Disco East lift rods, 2nd fuel tank, rear mounted spare wheel, roof rack. BOTH SOLD
    FORTUNER 2.8 GD6 4X4 2017
    BMW X4 3.0D 8Sp Auto 2015 Swambo and me
    Ranger D/C 4 x 4 3.2 2015 (son in law) sold
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2015 (daughter )
    Conqueror Commander sold
    BMW 320i - 2012- SWAMBO sold
    Ford Focus 1.5 Trend Turbo SWAMBO

We both now retired