Scorpion ID please

Default Scorpion ID please

Hi
    Found this little bugger crawling from under my ground tent the weekend.Can someone please inform, poisonous or not? Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. The can was positively identified as a Castle Light can but not the scorpion.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Scorpion ID please

Venomous, not poisonous! "If it bites/stings you and you die, it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, it's poisonous". This one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opisto...us_glabrifrons. Nasty sting but not life-threatening, though may require medical treatment. Edit: If that small not much of a problem, but they grow huge! Since they are burrowing scorpions I don't think it's mom was far away. A HUGE one of these tickled my foot with it's pincer from underneath the groundsheet in Shingwedzi when I was a kid. Fortunately I immediately jumped almost through the roof of the tent and landed far away. My dad lifted the groundsheet and swept her away with a broom to some shrubs. She made this rasping hissing sound!
    Last edited by Jens78; 2019/03/29 at 11:04 AM.
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Default Re: Scorpion ID please

Thanks for the reply

Near miss for me as I was folding the ground sheet when it revealed itself. Quite an aggressive little thing