mattress: Roof top tent.

Default mattress: Roof top tent.

I want to replace/upgrade the mattress in my Easi -Awn rooftop tent. Any suggestions or comments on suppliers in the Pretoria - Midrand -Kempton Park area.

Default Re: mattress: Roof top tent.

Use a sealed cell foam. Doesn't absord water. Mine is 7yrs old and still fine.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Buy an eggshell mattress from Dischem and put it on top of your existing one. I did it on my Tentco’s hard mattress and now sleep like a baby.

I just put 25mm high density foam beneath my Howling moon RTT matrass. Any opinions if this is a good idea? I havent tested it yet.1.72x2.2m for R680 at foam factory.

Our local habby hyper keeps a range of foam. We went with a 75mm medium density and had a good cover made.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Go to Dischem and buy an eggshell mattress. We have one in the house and in the trailer. It's magic

I went to Dischem Centurion on Friday and they only have single and queen size bed sizes. I also see that there is a 3/4 bed size. Is that what you use?

Buy the pack of interlocking foam rubber tiles at Makro and place beneath the mattress.
    Don't feed the monkeys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobus P Venter View Post
    I want to replace/upgrade the mattress in my Easi -Awn rooftop tent. Any suggestions or comments on suppliers in the Pretoria - Midrand -Kempton Park area.
    Kobus, gaan besoek 'n sponsverskaffer. Laat hul vir jou een maak. Vir die onderste laag laat jy Compresed foam van 50 mm en dan laag 2 High Density van 50 mm. dan laag 3 50 mm Medium density Dit is werklik die moeite werd. Ek weet nie wat die dikte is wat jy kan gaan nie, maar die gee jou 150 mm. As jy moet dunner maak die compressed foam net 25, dan 50 en dan weer 25. Hul plak die lae en kan vir jou oortrek.
    Elize

en ry saam met SarelF in
    VW AMAROK MET BLINKGATCAMPER:
    My Platkar:- Peugeot 208

Kyk gerus by www.blinkgatproducts.com
    Vir enige aluminium produkte,canopy's, campers kontak gerus
    Sarel 0828209413

Quote Originally Posted by Kobus P Venter View Post
    I went with 75mm high density foam with 50mm memory foam on top - total thickness 125mm - for a 125kg hef a lump like me, it works ! and 70kg swambo says it very comfy
    Putta
    Landcruiser 105
    BL Miskruier B850

Thanks for all the advice. I do not think that I should go much thicker than 75mm because of the additional thickness of the duvet or sleeping bags and the folding of the mattress. Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by putta View Post
    I went with 75mm high density foam with 50mm memory foam on top - total thickness 125mm - for a 125kg hef a lump like me, it works ! and 70kg swambo says it very comfy
    That is what we have in our camper - same thicknesses. VERY comfortable.

But, that is far to thick for an EasyAwn. We had a high density 50mm thick mattress in ours, which was not comfortable. If we had a thicker mattress, I would really have battled to close the RTT with winter bedding inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    That is what we have in our camper - same thicknesses. VERY comfortable.

But, that is far to thick for an EasyAwn. We had a high density 50mm thick mattress in ours, which was not comfortable. If we had a thicker mattress, I would really have battled to close the RTT with winter bedding inside.
    We had the same problem with the outback clamshell tent , left the duvet in tent but had to put the cushions in the car and the ladder on top - sleeping comfy was a priority for me .

Also tried a 20mm hiking inflatable mattress under the foam- was ok but could not get one the size of the mattress- also pain to deflate in rooftop
    Putta
    Landcruiser 105
    BL Miskruier B850