Burger King - Page 5





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: Burger King

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    185
    Thanked: 330

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    We were spoilt.

    Our drive in did a giant burger with everything. Fed four of us.

    Nothing can compare.
    Lekker.

    When I grew up in the Garden Route there was a place on the way to Mosselbay that sold a Burger that was so big, you got it in a box that cakes are sold in.

    It was called the Elephant Foot Burger (because of its size), my dad used to cut it in quarters and voila, family or 4 fed.

    Good times

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brannas For This Useful Post:


  3. #82
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanked: 2408

    Default Re: Burger King

    All the burgers discussed here are 'samples'.
    This is a real burger:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkenkwezi Burger.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	522017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkenkwezi Burger 03.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	522018

    Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve is an East London institution, less for its game and more notably for something else entirely: a gigantic hamburger, bigger than your head (I donít know how big your head is but for all intents and purposes imagine a sizeable adult noggen). This hamburger is so very large that they challenge gastronomic daredevils to finish two in a single hour, sides included. Itís a feat only 6 patrons have managed to accomplish over the course of 15 years, winning bragging rights along with 24 complimentary cases of beer.
    http://chipsonline.co.za/biggest-bur...a-inkwenkwezi/
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

    2006 VW Touareg V10 TDi
    (currently done more than 407 000 km)

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanked: 1612

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer01 View Post
    When last have any of you had a decent hamburger and not the rubbish burger stuff you get from take aways? When we were kids in the fifties all you could get was hamburgers. Don't think there was such a thing as a burger the eating kind that is!
    To be honest so far I am still quite happy with these


    May have been lucky but so far have not really had a bad Rocomamas burger
    And this picture is how they really look it is not a add

    We never take the large chips it is too much for 2



    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/03/12 at 10:49 AM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    185
    Thanked: 330

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    To be honest so far I am still quite happy with these


    May have been lucky but so far have not really had a bad Rocomamas burger
    And this picture is how they really look it is not a add

    We never take the large chips it is too much for 2



    I love a big Burger too. But I have a problem with these massively high stacked burgers.

    When it is like this it is not a burger anymore in my opinion. A burger is to pick up with your hands and eat everything together. There is no way you can pick this up and get a proper bite of the whole burger.

    When you start having to take it apart, it is not a burger anymore.
    Last edited by Brannas; 2019/03/12 at 10:56 AM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brannas For This Useful Post:


  7. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanked: 1612

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Brannas View Post
    I love a big Burger too. But I have a problem with these massively high stacked burgers.

    When it is like this it is not a burger anymore in my opinion. A burger is to pick up with your hands and eat everything together. There is now way you can pick this up and get a proper bite of the whole burger.

    When you start having to take it apart, it is not a burger anymore.
    Well I may be messy slob but that is how I eat their burgers
    I do not eat it with knife and fork and it works


    Edit: 1 thing I generally avoid on the Rockomamas menu is the double burgers
    Because for most of those it is the same as the normal burger but has 2 patties but the standard single patty is 150 grams
    The double burger (and the kids one for that matter too) has 100 gram patties
    So you pay allot extra for 50 grams of meat with rest of the burger being the same
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/03/12 at 11:01 AM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veneficus For This Useful Post:


  9. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    5,673
    Thanked: 1998

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Brannas View Post
    Lekker.

    When I grew up in the Garden Route there was a place on the way to Mosselbay that sold a Burger that was so big, you got it in a box that cakes are sold in.

    It was called the Elephant Foot Burger (because of its size), my dad used to cut it in quarters and voila, family or 4 fed.

    Good times
    Yebo, same same. Had bacon, eggs, relish, onions. Kids were only allowed back in the car when they had finished it. Sunday was wash T shirt day
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

    2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:


  11. #87
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    57
    Posts
    556
    Thanked: 498

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by TheovdW View Post
    I tend to leave the ignorant to suffer the ill effects of there own bravery. Thanks for the support!
    I am just stirring - each to his own

    The truth is tho - if we knew what went into all our food - we wouldnt be eating at all !
    Fiddler

  12. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by EHoffmann View Post
    I am just stirring - each to his own

    The truth is tho - if we knew what went into all our food - we wouldnt be eating at all !
    We have choices. I plant my own which 90% of poeple could achieve with very little effort. Problem comes in when our lust for meat drives harder than common sence

  13. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    442
    Thanked: 283

    Default Re: Burger King

    Yes each to their own,however a burger should not be measured by how much toppings they can add to make it "taste better". I measure it by the actual patty, the taste of the meat is everything. I use to live across the road from a craft burger joint, insane toppings and combinations, they closed down after a year ... their patty was homemade, but tasteless.

  14. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wichenford, United Kingdom
    Age
    69
    Posts
    295
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Burger King

    When we lived in South Africa up to the nineties, the only time we had a burger was when visiting Steers as a treat for the kids and this was not very often. After al why eat a hamburger when the quality of meat in SA was very good. Much prefer a nice steak with rump and fillet being my favourite. Never saw much point in lining someone else's pocket to eat junk food as you do not know what sort of meat has been minced up to make that burger. When we first came to the UK the kids wanted a McD and that was the one and only time I tried a McD burger and that was enough to put me off for life! BK is slightly better but have not had one for over 25 years!
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit CRD chased by a 2018 Buccaneer Cruiser twin axle caravan.

  15. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    For a good sit down burger and beer.... Capital Craft is the place to go....


    Damit.... just thinking of a daught Friar's Habit Steamroom beer or even beter yet, Red Ale with a deliciously greasy bluemarrow burger makes me rethink this whole diet thing....
    Now you are talking....

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamJ For This Useful Post:


  17. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanked: 1612

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Yes each to their own,however a burger should not be measured by how much toppings they can add to make it "taste better". I measure it by the actual patty, the taste of the meat is everything. I use to live across the road from a craft burger joint, insane toppings and combinations, they closed down after a year ... their patty was homemade, but tasteless.


    Oldskool burger

    Patty, Tomato, Red onions and mayo
    and you can ask them to remove the mayonnaise Tomato and red onions if you want

    Nice tasty burger without 100 extras and you can easily taste the patty
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanked: 624

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by TheovdW View Post
    We have choices. I plant my own which 90% of poeple could achieve with very little effort. Problem comes in when our lust for meat drives harder than common sence
    When I retire and have the time, then I'll grow my own, and yes I'm a carnivore, I can have red meat for breakfast, lunch, supper, starters, mains, deserts and snack in between

    Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Age
    64
    Posts
    476
    Thanked: 230

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post


    Oldskool burger

    Patty, Tomato, Red onions and mayo
    and you can ask them to remove the mayonnaise Tomato and red onions if you want

    Nice tasty burger without 100 extras and you can easily taste the patty
    What about the beetroot?

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Wall
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,638
    Thanked: 1537

    Default Re: Burger King

    I would not mind an In-and-Out Burger shop in SA.

    This one is called a 4x4 - 4 slices of cheese and 4 patties.

    Together with Five Guys and Shake Shack best burger chains in the USA.

    McD and BK suck.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05908.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	522036
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."




  21. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanked: 1612

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by redondo1955 View Post
    What about the beetroot?
    Well you can have that removed too

    But your looking at the red onion
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/03/12 at 12:11 PM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    40
    Posts
    279
    Thanked: 32

    Default Re: Burger King

    I don't like a burger thats too thick, its a pain to eat.

    The BK big wopper is the perfect size and amount of simple garnish. Patty is not great though.

    We make a lot of burgers at home using game meat. Just use salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs and a little worcestershire sauce when when making the patty's. Can't be beaten
    Bruce

    2010 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0D4D
    Bushlapa Miskruier BL15

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Meyerton
    Age
    40
    Posts
    834
    Thanked: 256

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    Steak Mince R 82.00 \kg 150 g R 12.30
    Tomato R 22.00 for 10 0.5 R 1.10
    Cheese (Slices) R 24.00 for 10 1 slices R 2.40
    Bread Roll R 9.99 for 12 1 per roll R 0.83
    R 16.63
    I cook all my meals myself. Take away or eat out is Pizza on my brothers birthday, when I feel like Sushi or when I travel for business.

    If I can make a delicious burger at home with 100% beef for R18.00, then why would I want to pay R80 for something I have to drive to go fetch and regret the whole night?
    They might not look like much, but they do taste the bomb!

    Attachment 521534
    Firstly, NICE! That looks super tasty.

    Secondly, you pay for convenience. I can get a hamburger from steers faster than I can make them at home. There have been days where I hit up KFC so i can just eat, then go to bed (yes, Im that busy) and not worry about cleaning up afterwards.

    It's not always all about costs. You have to factor in other things as well.

    Thats said, I prefer to make rather than buy food.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanked: 929

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by boanergesza1 View Post
    Firstly, NICE! That looks super tasty.

    Secondly, you pay for convenience. I can get a hamburger from steers faster than I can make them at home. There have been days where I hit up KFC so i can just eat, then go to bed (yes, Im that busy) and not worry about cleaning up afterwards.

    It's not always all about costs. You have to factor in other things as well.

    Thats said, I prefer to make rather than buy food.
    As I mentioned earlier - MacDonalds sell you time more than they sell you food.
    Defender 2.8i

    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,590
    Thanked: 1612

    Default Re: Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by albertvl View Post
    As I mentioned earlier - MacDonalds sell you time more than they sell you food.
    Oh damn now I know why I was late at work
    I forgot to pic up McDonald's on my way
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2019/03/12 at 01:56 PM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

    Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •