Is it biting me? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Is it biting me?

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Yes I definitely will go the MTB route.

36, 1.8m, 89kg, Pretoria
    If you want, I wouldn't mind showing you some of the trails in Pretoria (if you're in the East)
    Whereabouts are you? East, or Centurion side?

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    I've heard the upkeep is expensive, hence I think i would rather buy a bit newer from the start then too old and have a moneypit right from the get go
    The problem is that you have no way of knowing how many kms the components on the bike has done and how it has been looked after. I'll do around 5000km per annum which is about the average life of a drivetrain. Some guys get 10 000km because they swop out the chain on a regular basis, I get close to that on my bike. So a 2018 bike could be due for a new drivetrain or if it was only used by a little old lady to ride to church on sunday it could be brand new.

So all you can do is ask when last was the drive train replaced which will mean more than the age of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtber View Post
    If you want, I wouldn't mind showing you some of the trails in Pretoria (if you're in the East)
    Whereabouts are you? East, or Centurion side?
    Thanks, Moreleta. However, sadly the bike is on the back burner for now. With stage 4,5 and 6 rearing it's head I need to get the house up to speed first.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3