Frontrunner Fridge Slide fitment problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Frontrunner Fridge Slide fitment problems

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoP View Post
    Please explain
    I am in the process of fitting out a Toyota Landcruiser 76 with a Frontrunner Drawer System specifically designed for the Landcruiser76. On top of the drawer system I want to mount a fridge slide for my National Luna fridge. With the fridge slide mounted flush the rear drawers, I am not able to extend the slide out enough for the fridge to clear the rear arch of the Landcruiser76.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyRider View Post
    I am in the process of fitting out a Toyota Landcruiser 76 with a Frontrunner Drawer System specifically designed for the Landcruiser76. On top of the drawer system I want to mount a fridge slide for my National Luna fridge. With the fridge slide mounted flush the rear drawers, I am not able to extend the slide out enough for the fridge to clear the rear arch of the Landcruiser76.
    I would get a hold of Frontrunner and explain the problem. It may be as easy as returning the slide and getting one that extends a bit further.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I would get a hold of Frontrunner and explain the problem. It may be as easy as returning the slide and getting one that extends a bit further.
    Problem is that itís not worth sending from Cape Town. Courier fees are prohibative (more than half the value of the slide) They need a Cape Town Satelite branch

I had the frontrunner slide for 90 l fridge, its had a double extension rail (rail within a rail), maybe you can modify the rails to extend further.?
    Last edited by JLK; 2019/03/01 at 07:28 PM.
    Johan Kriel

LC's and Echo Chobe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

Have you tried to move the hinges on the fridge to open it lengthwise?

NL used to sell a red hinge, with which it was possible to easily remove the lid when partially open, not sure if it is still available. (This is assuming you have a NL 50 or 52l)
    Last edited by mcowell; 2019/03/01 at 10:11 PM.
    Malcolm
    2015 Pajero 3.2 LWB
    Bushwakka Sundowner No. 31

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mcowell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mcowell View Post
    Have you tried to move the hinges on the fridge to open it lengthwise?

NL used to sell a red hinge, with which it was possible to easily remove the lid when partially open, not sure if it is still available.
    Thanks for the good suggestion. I have abandoned the fridge slide idea for now so the fridge slide is for sale... any takers. Special price.

Instead I have taken out the rear bench and placed the fridge on the floor of the Cruiser. Easy access from both rear doors and the lid opens fully inside with room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    I had the frontrunner slide for 90 l fridge, its had a double extension rail (rail within a rail), maybe you can modify the rails to extend further.?
    Thanks for the ideas. I will rethink the slide idea. Maybe AluCab or Gobi X have a better solution. They are also based here in Cape Town.

Thanks for the ideas. I will rethink the slide idea. Maybe AluCab or Gobi X have a better solution. They are also based here in Cape Town.
    To change the rails should not be that diffiult?! I think.

Alucab have a tilting slide that also works nice, but also beware , if you decide on that that your fridge fits as well, and the elect plugs are out of the way. If I remember the 80 l engel dont fit on the one a I have, but the 90l NL do.
    Last edited by JLK; 2019/03/02 at 07:43 AM.
    Johan Kriel

LC's and Echo Chobe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this : You bought a generic fridge slide that fits any vehicle/fridge of 40 to 50 l with specifications attached and now you're slagging off Frontrunner because you can't use a tape measure?
    There's only 3 reasons to stand up : to get the remote , to go to the bathroom or because you're the Real Slim Shady.

2002 Patrol 4.5 GRX
    2001 Terrano 2 TD27
    2012 1600 Pypkar Rum mobile

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nisjeep For This Useful Post:

Yes that is correct. The slide would have been fitted on a Frontrunner drawer system. The slide does not extend enough out of the vehicle for the Fridge lid to clear the roof of the Landcruiser76
    See my reply in post #12

I used the large Gobi-X slide.

Move the fridge right to the front end of the slide leaving a substantial gap at the back. This might help you clear the roof.

a lot will depend on how much space you need to clear the roof and how much space you have at the back to sacrifice.

With the back door closed the slide and fridge needs to be almost flush against the back door.

So measure and measure again!
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DC Polokwane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nisjeep View Post
    I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this : You bought a generic fridge slide that fits any vehicle/fridge of 40 to 50 l with specifications attached and now you're slagging off Frontrunner because you can't use a tape measure?
    Ok obviously I canít use a tape measure, but why would anyone manufacture a product that doesnít really work as intended. I am not slagging Frontrunner . I started this thread to warn others out there that canít use a tape measure. I have taken the trouble to share this useful info on the forum. Have you got shares in Frontrunner?

The problem with these slides is that not all of them extent beyond the frame assuming that the roof of the vehicle is shorter then the bottom. A canopy for instance is not. And some you couldn't fit an engel fridge etc, but no salesman tells you that as most don't know. Thus yes one need to be careful where and what you buy and does is fit your vehicle and fridge. And be careful if the back door lifts up and you got drawers that you can open the fridge. Then you need a tilt or a drop down slide.
    Johan Kriel

LC's and Echo Chobe

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    The problem with these slides is that not all of them extent beyond the frame assuming that the roof of the vehicle is shorter then the bottom. A canopy for instance is not. And some you couldn't fit an engel fridge etc, but no salesman tells you that as most don't know. Thus yes one need to be careful where and what you buy and does is fit your vehicle and fridge. And be careful if the back door lifts up and you got drawers that you can open the fridge. Then you need a tilt or a drop down slide.
    Nice comment. I do think Frontrunner is doing a sterling job online, with a comprehensive catalogue, all be it financially prohibitive to return products long distance. Marketing can seduce brand disciples to such an extend that a bit of criticism is like insulting a loved one. I think as consumers we should be more demanding about products, after all you are paying for them. At least use this forum for some healthy debate and sharing of information. Also maybe someone out there might be inspired to redesign the Fridge Slide to cover more bases.

Nice comment. I do think Frontrunner is doing a sterling job online, with a comprehensive catalogue, all be it financially prohibitive to return products long distance. Marketing can seduce brand disciples to such an extend that a bit of criticism is like insulting a loved one. I think as consumers we should be more demanding about products, after all you are paying for them. At least use this forum for some healthy debate and sharing of information. Also maybe someone out there might be inspired to redesign the Fridge Slide to cover more bases.
    What about slide out hinges on the lid that enables it to be removed... I know this issue and it is a pain in the proverbial as I don't have a slide ... How nice it would be to pop the lid off for easy access to the fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleytheplumber View Post
    What about slide out hinges on the lid that enables it to be removed... I know this issue and it is a pain in the proverbial as I don't have a slide ... How nice it would be to pop the lid off for easy access to the fridge
    Thatís a really good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleytheplumber View Post
    My Snomaster has that. Takes a bit of careful lining up to get them back in.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

My SnoMaster does not, would be nice if it had.. I must see if they are available... Thanks for that

Why not just change the position of the hinges? My NL 50L Weekender has pre-drilled holes that allows one to move the hinges and the locking clips enabling the lid to open length wise.

2014 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4 - Legend 45
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Mountain Edition (Sold...)
    Bloemfontein

My 52 lt Weekeender also has holes to change the opening of the door lengthwise.
    When I had the FR drawer system fitted 2 years ago, I took the NL fridge with to ensure everything worked and fitted. The FR sales guy also phoned me (before they fitted the system) and asked if they could move the middle row seats forward to accommodate the drawer system. I have always had good service from FR
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '15 Prado 4.0 VX
    '18 Echo Chobe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2