Pajero io 4g94

Thread: Pajero io 4g94

Default Pajero io 4g94

I am currently working in zambia and will be here till end of year.

Can get a Io 4g94 auto transmission with genuine 60 000 on the clock for 50000 kwacha which equates to roughly R60000.

I would like to buy it. Use it here and return with it to SA.

Import etc aside.

Would i get spares for it in SA?

That would be my main decision driver.
    Deon

If you can't fix it with a hammer,you have an electrical problem...

Default Re: Pajero io 4g94

I have a South African I.O 4G94 2.0 2003 model manual. Its about 90 % the same as the import ones although its not GDI

To answer you question about spares, you will struggle to get spares from spare shops or agents, However you will get most items online from china ( alibaba.com)

service items like filters and belts are available from autozone. Sometime you will get lucky if you take a part in they will match it to a correct part that is shared in other vehicle like wheel bearings which is the same part as a nissan almera.

R 60000 is ok but on the high side compare what they go for here in Swaziland where you looking at R 35- R45- they are as common as polo's here which means lots of second hand spares.

Only major issue I've had done was a transfer case overhaul and 5th gear was replaced- But this at 240k km with lots of 4x4 off roading.

great little reliable 4X4

it does chow juice live a v8 though, around 13L/100km

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

I use to own a SA 1999 Registered Pajero IO with the 1.6 engine from 2002 to 2005.

Awesome little car, but even then (relatively new AND South African model) spares from mitsu was a pain - 100% payment plus a 6 to 12 week waiting period. And yes expensive. Stuff like wheel bearings were only available at dealers (and no matches from bearing agents with samples measured - dealerships only)
    Service spares available from Midas/Autozone etc. I remember something like the fan belt for the IO 1.6 not available, but the 1.6 Toyota 16valve was dirt cheap - and taking the sample along it was the same belt. Same with all the other service items - all available but stock from other engines / brands.

Maintenance items should pose no problem - but Mutsi will not help you without a VIN number, and if it's not an SA model they will in all likelyhood not assist. (But thank goodness for the internet and online shopping - you will have your spare parts quicker than via the dealership anyway)

Drove mine from 68 000 km up to 400 000 km, and loved every km
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Martin Prinsloo

if only life came with a ◄◄ REW ► PLAY ▌▌PAUSE █▌STOP

2007 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 DiDc GLS
    2010 Diahatsu Terios AWD - Swambo
    2012 Honda XR650L

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blouhond007 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    I have a South African I.O 4G94 2.0 2003 model manual. Its about 90 % the same as the import ones although its not GDI

service items like filters and belts are available from autozone. Sometime you will get lucky if you take a part in they will match it to a correct part that is shared in other vehicle like wheel bearings which is the same part as a nissan almera.

it does chow juice live a v8 though, around 13L/100km
    When I had to change wheel bearings there was a very slight difference between the front wheel bearings and the Almera bearing - nothing minor machining to hub couldn't fix.

And yes, even the 1.6 had a drinking problem
    Martin Prinsloo

if only life came with a ◄◄ REW ► PLAY ▌▌PAUSE █▌STOP

2007 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 DiDc GLS
    2010 Diahatsu Terios AWD - Swambo
    2012 Honda XR650L

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blouhond007 For This Useful Post: