Goodbye AEV ProCal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Goodbye AEV ProCal

I recently watched a youtube video where a guy did a review on an app, which when linked to an OBDII reader could change a number of settings. What caught my eye was that it could disable the TPMS, which is a function previously reserved for the AEV ProCal and Superchips Flashpaq.

This has been bugging me for a while and after discovering the possibility of a little app at a very low price decided to give it a try.

So the app is called OBD JScan and is available for free on iOS and Android. Once downloaded I believe it just functions as a normal OBDII reader. You then have the option of purchasing a license in the app which opens up the functions to change settings. I bought the single license, meaning it is linked to 1 VIN only for a ridiculously cheap price of R235!

After fiddling with it a bit I quickly found where the settings can be changed and disabled my 2016 Rubicon's TPMS. I did have to disconnect my battery afterwards for 10minutes in order for the cluster to reset, but it is working like a charm!

Additional settings include things like transfer and diff ratios, tyre sizes, etc.

Well worth the money!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Windgat For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Goodbye AEV ProCal

Great find!!!

I see you need to purchase a OBD adapter, did you do this already?

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD
    2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD-50mm EFS Lift, GDE Tune
    2009 Jeep Rubicon-50mm Coil Lift, Branches, Free Flow, K&N, MT`s
    2013 Suzuki Vitara-40mm lift
    2012 Suzuki Jimny-Fully Kitted.
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

Just tried it on my WK. Shows the codes and does the basics but gives errors when I try do anything else.

To be fair thats the same as when I try change something with the GDE flash tool. So it might be my vehicle setup.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

I already had an al-cheapo ELM327 OBD reader that I bought off bidorbuy years ago and wondered if it would work as the app does mention compatibility with very specific readers, but decided to try the one I had anyway and it worked without a glitch.

I also have the R150 jobby. Seems to work fine - think my ECU is hard headed.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Where can we get these locally chaps?

2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

Not sure about a local shop where these can be bought, but there is a lot of local online shops selling them. Even the ones specified by the app can be bought for a reasonable price from local online shops.

The nice thing about how the app works, is that the app license is bound to a VIN and not the OBD reader. You can therefore even use someone else's OBD reader as long as your Jeep's VIN is the one licensed in the app.

Thread of the year so far!!!

Thanks. Going to try this later today.
    Ross

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RMackay For This Useful Post:

If anyone buys one of the obd readers pls let me know. Would be keen to do a duel purchase plsssss

2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

I have used OBD Jscan since getting my WK end Dec.

I already have a decent Scantool OBD tool we use on bmw bikes for diagnostics. It works seamlessly after the licenses purchase and I have already troubleshot a good many things with my transmission as well as other codes.

The add on features are nice, I have even recalibrated my tyre-size so my speedo is accurate to my 3 gps apps and tools.

Development is ongoing and it seems well worth support. Their support via Facebook is also very good and quick.

Rgds
    G

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GCO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay4 View Post
    If anyone buys one of the obd readers pls let me know. Would be keen to do a duel purchase plsssss
    Hi Jay4

I would advise to buy a decent OBD scantool. Many of the cheaper chinese tools are not fully ELM327 compliant and miss the mark with some supported standards. Many are great but it seems a bit pot-luck though.

Rgds
    G

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GCO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GCO View Post
    I have used OBD Jscan since getting my WK end Dec.

I already have a decent Scantool OBD tool we use on bmw bikes for diagnostics. It works seamlessly after the licenses purchase and I have already troubleshot a good many things with my transmission as well as other codes.

The add on features are nice, I have even recalibrated my tyre-size so my speedo is accurate to my 3 gps apps and tools.

Development is ongoing and it seems well worth support. Their support via Facebook is also very good and quick.

Rgds
    G
    Can you tell me your exact Jeep model? And which scan tool?
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Windgat View Post
    I recently watched a youtube video where a guy did a review on an app, which when linked to an OBDII reader could change a number of settings. What caught my eye was that it could disable the TPMS, which is a function previously reserved for the AEV ProCal and Superchips Flashpaq.

This has been bugging me for a while and after discovering the possibility of a little app at a very low price decided to give it a try.

So the app is called OBD JScan and is available for free on iOS and Android. Once downloaded I believe it just functions as a normal OBDII reader. You then have the option of purchasing a license in the app which opens up the functions to change settings. I bought the single license, meaning it is linked to 1 VIN only for a ridiculously cheap price of R235!

After fiddling with it a bit I quickly found where the settings can be changed and disabled my 2016 Rubicon's TPMS. I did have to disconnect my battery afterwards for 10minutes in order for the cluster to reset, but it is working like a charm!

Additional settings include things like transfer and diff ratios, tyre sizes, etc.

Well worth the money!
    Are you using iOS or Android. Iím struggling with iOS as my OBD scanner is WiFi and not Blue Tooth. Iíve purchased the license but to connect to OBD I need to use WiFi and then the app doesnít register the license.
    Ross

I use android and don't have any problems. I know iOS requires a wifi enabled OBD reader but have no experience with these. Hope you come right

Ross, does the app not register that you've purchased the license, or does the VIN not register against the license when you connect to the OBD?

I purchased whilst not being connected to the OBD and recall that it was just saying something like "working on it" but under Settings-Manage Licenses-Status I clicked on the refresh button. The purchased license the appeared there and I restarted the app. After this I connected to the OBD and it immediately asked if I want to assign the license to the VIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    Can you tell me your exact Jeep model? And which scan tool?
    Hi
    2006 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WH. OM642 engined W5A580 box using a Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth elm327 compliant tool.

Easy enough to buy off Amazon at very fair prices. If u have an ios device you will need to get a slightly more pricey model with wifi support as there is a licensing cost for the interface to ios, far as I can figure.

Glad to help as much as I can, please feel free to pm me if u like.

Rgds
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Windgat View Post
    Ross, does the app not register that you've purchased the license, or does the VIN not register against the license when you connect to the OBD?

I purchased whilst not being connected to the OBD and recall that it was just saying something like "working on it" but under Settings-Manage Licenses-Status I clicked on the refresh button. The purchased license the appeared there and I restarted the app. After this I connected to the OBD and it immediately asked if I want to assign the license to the VIN.
    I assume your scanner is using Bluetooth to connect to your phone?

My problem is that the app registers the license when connected to the internet (Wi-Fi of 3g), but the minute I connect to the scanner using Wi-Fi (since itís not a Bluetooth scanner), it does not recognize the license because it loses internet connection. In other words, when using Wi-Fi with scanner I have no internet.
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by RMackay View Post
    I assume your scanner is using Bluetooth to connect to your phone?

My problem is that the app registers the license when connected to the internet (Wi-Fi of 3g), but the minute I connect to the scanner using Wi-Fi (since itís not a Bluetooth scanner), it does not recognize the license because it loses internet connection. In other words, when using Wi-Fi with scanner I have no internet.
    Hi Ross
    Suggest contacting Jscans support team, sure they have had the issue reported before. Easier than troubleshooting yourself first.

Rgds
    G

Quote Originally Posted by GCO View Post
    Hi
    2006 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WH. OM642 engined W5A580 box using a Scantool OBDLink MX Bluetooth elm327 compliant tool.

Easy enough to buy off Amazon at very fair prices. If u have an ios device you will need to get a slightly more pricey model with wifi support as there is a licensing cost for the interface to ios, far as I can figure.

Glad to help as much as I can, please feel free to pm me if u like.

Rgds
    G
    Thank you

Ok, so i have a very similar Jeep, just 2007 model.

I'm trying to use one of these cheap Elm327 jobbies. Which is probably the issue. It really struggles to connect to my phone and does not ge all green ticks on the app.

Where do we see the approved list of scanners?
    Name:  618BA13J6sL._SX679_.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  38.7 KB
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    Thank you

Ok, so i have a very similar Jeep, just 2007 model.

I'm trying to use one of these cheap Elm327 jobbies. Which is probably the issue. It really struggles to connect to my phone and does not ge all green ticks on the app.

Where do we see the approved list of scanners?
    Name:  618BA13J6sL._SX679_.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  38.7 KB
    Can confirm this unit doesn't work with Jscan properly. The one you want is the Vgate Icar version 2 if you are on Android or V4 if you are IPhone. These are available from a few sellers on Gumtree.
    Last edited by xdoomx; 2019/02/23 at 09:35 PM.
    - Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2014 (Cooper Discover P285/70/17 // Mickey Thompson Sidewinder II's // Teraflex 2" levelling kit // Renegade front/rear steel bumpers)
    - (SOLD 2017/03) Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 XLE 4x2 Manual 2005 (Falken Landair 31/10.5/15)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xdoomx For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast