Tentco Awning - Page 2





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Tentco Awning

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Walker Bay
    Age
    75
    Posts
    8,877
    Thanked: 859

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    That is excellent!
    Many thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    Hi Paul Dold
    I will say nothing more than 15kg

    ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Walker Bay
    Age
    75
    Posts
    8,877
    Thanked: 859

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Now we need some decent pics showing how it is mounted - packing away etc

    ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Will do as soon as the brackets are mounted.
    Last edited by Kaptein Jack; 2019/02/14 at 07:47 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaptein Jack For This Useful Post:


  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,212
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    A fewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103357.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	519656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103926.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	519657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103931.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	519658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181005_210845.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	519659

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    A fewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103357.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	519656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103926.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	519657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180831_103931.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	519658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181005_210845.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	519659
    Maybe picture of brackets holding the awning pse.

    Thanks

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,212
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Hi Kaptein Jack

    I made my brackets to fit on the canopy.
    Need touch up paint I seeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063441.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	519678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063348.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	519679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063326.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	519680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063257.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	519681

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:


  10. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    Hi Kaptein Jack

    I made my brackets to fit on the canopy.
    Need touch up paint I seeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063441.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	519678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063348.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	519679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063326.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	519680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_063257.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	519681
    Thanks!!

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Polokwane
    Age
    53
    Posts
    522
    Thanked: 327

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    I have the Tentco 2.5m X 2.0m
    Very happy with it and easy to setup ( Its 2.5m Long and 2.0m Out)
    one has to fold it (Roll) back into the bag.
    I phoned Tentco to inquire about the size of the awning and was told it rolls out 2.5 meters and it runs 2 meters along the side of the car.

    So which is it?

    Can anyone please clarify this?
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    558
    Thanked: 88

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by DC Polokwane View Post
    I phoned Tentco to inquire about the size of the awning and was told it rolls out 2.5 meters and it runs 2 meters along the side of the car.

    So which is it?

    Can anyone please clarify this?
    I want to know as well. I keep on getting different answers to this question.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teryos For This Useful Post:


  14. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    266
    Thanked: 51

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by DC Polokwane View Post
    I phoned Tentco to inquire about the size of the awning and was told it rolls out 2.5 meters and it runs 2 meters along the side of the car.

    So which is it?

    Can anyone please clarify this?
    See the attachment


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothan For This Useful Post:


  16. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Polokwane
    Age
    53
    Posts
    522
    Thanked: 327

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothan View Post
    See the attachment

    So looking at the pack size I take it that it must be 2.5 meters along the length of the vehicle.

    Pity, I would prefer it to roll out to 2.5 or even 3 meters.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8

  17. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,212
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    2.5 meters along the vehicle just measured and 2.0m out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190215_094817.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	519689

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:


  19. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    558
    Thanked: 88

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by DC Polokwane View Post
    So looking at the pack size I take it that it must be 2.5 meters along the length of the vehicle.

    Pity, I would prefer it to roll out to 2.5 or even 3 meters.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Leisure Awn from Howling Moon has both the sizes you are intending to buy. I'm in a same situation, confused though. You can get Tentco awning and side walls for the price of Leisure Awn awning only.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teryos For This Useful Post:


  21. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    45
    Posts
    266
    Thanked: 51

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Teryos View Post
    Leisure Awn from Howling Moon has both the sizes you are intending to buy. I'm in a same situation, confused though. You can get Tentco awning and side walls for the price of Leisure Awn awning only.
    Can one still get howling moon? Did they not go the way of the dodo with jurgens?

  22. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Brackets were made up for me by Metalian to fit to my Frontrunner roofrack..Thank you Heinz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0877.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	519718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0880.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	519719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0881.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	519720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0883.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	519721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0884.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	519722  
    Last edited by Kaptein Jack; 2019/02/15 at 04:36 PM.

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  23. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    All done, really easy to setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0885.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	519723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0886.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	519724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0887.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	519725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0888.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	519726  
    Last edited by Kaptein Jack; 2019/02/15 at 04:40 PM.

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaptein Jack For This Useful Post:


  25. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    402
    Thanked: 342

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptein Jack View Post
    All done, really easy to setup
    Can you set it up by yourself comfortably?

  26. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Welgelegen, Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Quote Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
    Can you set it up by yourself comfortably?


    Yes, can do..but with two people it should take two minutes!

    Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Nissan Kingcab 2007 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaptein Jack For This Useful Post:


  28. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,212
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Netjies enjoy

  29. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bushveld
    Posts
    221
    Thanked: 20

    Default Re: Tentco Awning

    Can't believe how expensive these awnings are here in South Africa. Just came from Australia and saw the same size awnings for less than R1000... too bad I couldn't fit it in my luggage.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Choppie81 For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •