Load shedding - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Load shedding

Default Re: Load shedding

Peter may be you can look at a 12V pump delivering about 5L/min and have the battery charged by solar and mains. Let this pump pump into your house. a Non-return valve could be used or 1 or more taps to allow your tank to only pump to your home.

Just make sure the pump has a head of 5-10m. Such a pump if it is a diaphram pump can pump heads of up to 60m and can be bought for R200.

After I watched this video,I realised that they actually taking us for a spinhttps://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ca12dc7...319-WA0002.mp4
    BIGGER THE BUILD-UP,,,THE BIGGER THE BLOW

Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) tweeted at 7:50 AM on Wed, Oct 16, 2019:

#PowerAlert

Due to a shortage of capacity stage 2 loadshedding is likely to be implemented from 9 am to 11pm today.

Media statement with more details to follow

@CityPowerJhb @City_Ekurhuleni
    @CityTshwane
    @CityofJoburgZA
    @CityofCT @ewnupdates @SABCNewsOnline
    @IOL @eNCA @SAgovnews

(https://twitter.com/Eskom_SA/status/...332050432?s=03)

I have a broadband internet backup unit (low voltage UPS) that I'm wanting to advertise on the 4x4 Community Shop. (Happy to pay for this!)
    I have sent emails to more than one of their addresses but no response..
    I find the manne don't like me punting it on the forum.. (Fluffy lost quite a bit of his fluff!)
    Can anyone help??

Rather try:
    mybroadband.co.za
    powerforum.co.za
    carbonite.co.za

Default Load shedding

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mackay View Post
    I have a broadband internet backup unit (low voltage UPS) that I'm wanting to advertise on the 4x4 Community Shop. (Happy to pay for this!)
    I find the manne don't like me punting it on the forum.. (Fluffy lost quite a bit of his fluff!)
    Can anyone help??
    Inbox me some info? Does it cater for 2x connections? Fiber needs minimum 2x for ONT and router
    Last edited by bees; 2019/10/20 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mackay View Post
    Can anyone help??
    Donít worry, it grew back.

Punt it again, I promise to be quiet and nice.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Ok
    It occurred to me that losing our broadband internet when there's a power outage is what Jan Publiek probably misses the most. (Jan wasn't good at telling me what he did miss the most because he was swearing so much!)
    So the PUP is the fix for this.
    It's a low voltage UPS.
    Traditional inverter UPSs are inefficient because the battery voltage is used to generate 220V with an inverter. This is pointless if you don't need 220V!
    The PUP replaces the external power adapters of the router/ONT & Wi-Fi. (Only one PUP required for each system)
    This powers the router/ONT & Wi-Fi whilst mains power is on or during outages.
    It has battery backup which will keep your system up and running for the whole day during a power outage. The backup time depends on the load of the equipment it is supplying power to. (Typically 8 to +10hrs)
    It switches over to battery power when thereís a power outage and then back to mains power when grid power is restored. There's a built-in charger for the battery (with charging status LEDs). Also there is a low voltage cutout circuit that disconnects the battery when it is fully discharged.
    I charge R750 for the unit and will install and commission if you are not too inaccessible.
    However I need to know what router/ONT & Wi-Fi you are using...

Baie slim!

Neat - this will allow phones and laptops to continue on as per normal.

I have a Apple TimeCapsule router. Has a standard figure 8 input. And the ONT is whatever Octatel uses.

I have a Mecer Inverter setup that runs off my camping battery. But the fan is noisy when it has to recharge, so might move that to my pops house and work out something else for the flat.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2019/10/31 at 12:17 PM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    Neat - this will allow phones and laptops to continue on as per normal.

I have a Apple TimeCapsule router. Has a standard figure 8 input.
    This is a 220V plug!
    But I'm sure I will be able to do a mod to this so the PUP can power it. (I need you to get it to me..)
    Where are you located?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7