Lilli and Toyo to go - My journey through Southern and Eastern Africa 2016-2020

Default Lilli and Toyo to go - My journey through Southern and Eastern Africa 2016-2020

Hi, that's me Lilli, travelling in my old orange Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 through Southern and Eastern Africa.
    I only joined the forum recently, but I'm happy to give you some glimpses into my journey via pics and short reports.

Generally I'm more active at instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lillitogo/) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002948089951). You are very welcome to follow me there.

At the moment I'm still stuck in Windhuk as my buddy had a major engine repair. My oil pressure relief valve got stuck in the oil pump housing resulting in a very high oil pressure. I had an emergency repair done in Grootfontein but I was not feeling comfortable. So I came to Windhuk to have it sorted out here. Luckily the workshop was able to source a complete new oil pump housing with valve and new gears from South Africa. It's in now and hopefully this afternoon I will get my buddy back.

I will still circle around Windhuk a bit to see how it's going, but than I will continue south. Wanne be at the KTP beginning of March as my Namibian visa runs out at that time. From there for 3 month into South Africa with no fixed plans.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Lilli and Toyo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lilli-to-go For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Lilli and Toyo to go - My journey through Southern and Eastern Africa 2016-2020

Welcome!

Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels, keep us posted.
    Range Rover Sport HSE
    MGB GT
    Mercedes Benz C200 (SWAMBO)

I try to be the person my dogs thought I was....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to royboy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Lilli and Toyo to go - My journey through Southern and Eastern Africa 2016-2020

Welcome Lilli,

I admire your spirit and I'm sure your adventure's reports will be eagerly expected and much appreciated by this overlanding community. I'm also sure you will get some useful advice from locals and experts around here.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ortelius For This Useful Post:

Subscribed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jcole For This Useful Post:

Welcome Lilli and sorry to hear that your report starts with an engine problem, that would normally be the case if you drive another brand .

Hope all sorted and working so we can hear of your adventures.
    If you are coming close to Gaborone pop-in and we can have a chat.

Safe travels.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

I just love your buddy. So much character! You guys make a great couple ;-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OffTheHamsterWheel For This Useful Post:

Hi Lilli, welcome to this part of Africa. I have been following some of your (woman alone) progress via Facebook groups and the internet.

This forum is reknowned for being helpful to fellow travelers and has a huge membership. The members are very knowledgeable and cover the entire Southern Africa. If you need help or advice just shout. All we would ask in return is that you share some of your experiences with us and contribute where you can to the threads of others. I'm sure you have much to share. Enjoy your travels under our skies!
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Subscribed!

Please stop by as you pass Malawi, we love those H60s here: 2H, 3B, 12HT...all of them!

Safe travels and post on here for those of us that don't do facebook...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tashtego9 For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Stan Weakley;4086992]Hi Lilli, welcome to this part of Africa. I have been following some of your (woman alone) progress via Facebook groups and the internet.

Hi Stan

Have also been following and downloading your blog. You also gave a lot of valuable information. I never thought of joining before I reach South Africa, but I can see already, that it will be of great value for me.
    Thanks a lot for your warm welcome and all the encouragement.

I hope I can give back some advice and sure, from now on I will let you be part of my journey here.

Thanks a lot.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lilli-to-go For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lilli-to-go View Post
    Hi, that's me Lilli, travelling in my old orange Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 through Southern and Eastern Africa.
    I only joined the forum recently, but I'm happy to give you some glimpses into my journey via pics and short reports.

I will still circle around Windhuk a bit to see how it's going, but than I will continue south. Wanne be at the KTP beginning of March as my Namibian visa runs out at that time. From there for 3 month into South Africa with no fixed plans.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Lilli and Toyo
    Swambo & I starting our KTP trip at Mabua on 4th March......will keep a lookout for the orange 'Buddy'. We always seem to be running into Germans in KTP
    Last edited by Alto; 2019/02/11 at 07:05 PM. Reason: addition of last sentence

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Alto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alto View Post
    Swambo & I starting our KTP trip at Mabua on 4th March......will keep a lookout for the orange 'Buddy'. We always seem to be running into Germans in KTP
    Hi, this would be great.

Are you camping. Maybe we could share a campsite if I can't get some upon arrival. I will start in MataMata and would like to stay than at camps on the Botswana side, like Rooiputs or Polentswa.

Welcome indeed. I am looking forward to your stories and hopefully also photo's.

Getting from Tanzania to Windhuk must have been some trip - please share that experience.
    Hermanator

Herman Smit

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermanator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lilli-to-go View Post
    Hi, this would be great.

Are you camping. Maybe we could share a campsite if I can't get some upon arrival. I will start in MataMata and would like to stay than at camps on the Botswana side, like Rooiputs or Polentswa.
    We're a long way from those places; starting at Mabua Gate on the 4th, then to Mabua Pan, Khiding, Mpayathuthlwa, Bosobogolo and Monamodi. We don't mind sharing, these sites are quite large and it's just Swambo (the wife) & I and we're reasonably civilised. Not sure if you will get into the park without reservations though - still, we'll look out for the orange monster.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alto View Post
    We're a long way from those places; starting at Mabua Gate on the 4th, then to Mabua Pan, Khiding, Mpayathuthlwa, Bosobogolo and Monamodi. We don't mind sharing, these sites are quite large and it's just Swambo (the wife) & I and we're reasonably civilised. Not sure if you will get into the park without reservations though - still, we'll look out for the orange monster.
    Hi, so you are staying at the Mabua side? As I'm coming in MataMata from Namibia, I will stay at the SA side and would just like to camp at the Botswana camps near Nossob and TweRivieren. I will see what I get upon arrival.

Thanks

Hi Lilli what a pleasant surprise! I lost your contact info some years back and am really glad to have stumbled over your post here. Wonderful to hear that you are back in Africa and hopefully we shall meet again and share a camp fire. In the meantime I wish you and your Toyo lekker pad. Eli
    "make a plan to break a plan"