ISUZU D-Teq 300KB - Clutch / Gearbox

Default ISUZU D-Teq 300KB - Clutch / Gearbox

I'm needing some assistance.

I had my clutch replaced due to a intermittent shudder that sometimes occurred during pulling away on a incline. After getting my bakkie back, the shudder has gone away, however when in neutral there is a very bad "chatter". This "chatter" goes away when I depress the clutch. I have taken it back to the workshop and they could not find anything wrong. I took it back too them again for the second time and this time they removed the gearbox and clutch, had the clutch inspected by the a few experts. No fault found. The gearbox was then suspected to be the culprit. Gears knocking around when disengaged. I couldn't believe this to be the case, but proceeded with this theory non the less. A spacer was machined and installed in the gearbox. This made no difference, except gears don't change as smoothly as they did before and the problem still exists, with the mechanic been out of ideas.....

Anyone experienced this before?
    Any ideas/ thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: ISUZU D-Teq 300KB - Clutch / Gearbox

I really thought someone would have had some advise to give on this subject....

I had a chattering sound on the old Go Big model when the engine was idling cold without depressing the clutch, it would then go away once engine had warmed up or i depressed the clutch.

I never looked into it just because it did not bother me much and I had no cause for concern... We had the bakkie for ten years no issues.

I am not sure if your case is maybe the same or similar?
    Last edited by A1ex; 2019/02/15 at 09:52 AM.
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)
    2017 Isuzu kB 250 (sold)
    2006 Isuzu KB300 (sold)
    2002 Isuzu Kb 260 petrol (sold)

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, in my case the "chattering" sound does not go away when the engine is warm. I am actually pretty bothered by it and not certain if I can live with it. I'm sure that whilst game viewing the animals are going to be chased away by the sound.... and I do have same game reserve trips planned this year.

But all in all, the bakkie drives alright and clutch takes fine. I ask another mechanic what his thoughts were, and he reckons another clutch replacement.....$$$$

I had something similar with my cruiser. It turned out to be the release bearing of the clutch. They replaced that and all is well. Do not know if it can be your issue aswell?
    Pieter

Quote Originally Posted by Brandan View Post

I had my clutch replaced due to a intermittent shudder that sometimes occurred during pulling away on a incline. After getting my bakkie back, the shudder has gone away, however when in neutral there is a very bad "chatter". This "chatter" goes away when I depress the clutch. I have taken it back to the workshop and they could not find anything wrong. I took it back too them again for the second time and this time they removed the gearbox and clutch, had the clutch inspected by the a few experts. No fault found. The gearbox was then suspected to be the culprit. Gears knocking around when disengaged. I couldn't believe this to be the case, but proceeded with this theory non the less. A spacer was machined and installed in the gearbox. This made no difference, except gears don't change as smoothly as they did before and the problem still exists, with the mechanic been out of ideas.....

sounds like the famouse relese bearing hahah our kb300 tdi has been through 2 since its 460k life and 15yrs basically u can do it only but might as well do clutch as well what thekms your is on
    ISUZU KB300LX DMAX mine / 1.4tdci with software exhaust and intercooler and watermeth injection /dad-kb300 dteq kb5 4x4 /uncle kb300 4x2 dteq kb5 /step dad. Kb6 kb300 4x4 auto all double cabs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to giolanman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brandan View Post

I am 99% sure its your releaser bearing. Does it have almost a whistling sound? If you rev up abit gets abit louder? I changed my clutch last year and the bearing supplied was faulty on a Luk repset. Regardless took it back but guys played a deaf ear to it because the labour involved to changed the releaser bearing is the exact same as to put in a new clutch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua21 View Post
    I am 99% sure its your releaser bearing. Does it have almost a whistling sound? If you rev up abit gets abit louder? I changed my clutch last year and the bearing supplied was faulty on a Luk repset. Regardless took it back but guys played a deaf ear to it because the labour involved to changed the releaser bearing is the exact same as to put in a new clutch on.
    When I overhauled my seized 2008 KB300 DTeq the mechanic replaced the clutch etc at the same time .... probably with a pirate part.
    Ever since the replacement the release bearing makes a noise when the clutch is not depressed. The noise gets louder as the vehicle warms up but when cold its not really noticeable.
    Last edited by BTTB; 2019/05/05 at 07:19 PM.