Afrispoor Cheetah - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Afrispoor Cheetah

Mounted as shown in sketch. Same place as the frame work is for a side shower

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    How / where did it fit on the side of the van?
    That quick Pitch is awesome even though quite expensive, but as far as I know it's just over a meter wide so I don't see how you can mount it, the side bed's lid is in the way.
    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...6&d=1549219902

This is a not a picture of my setup, but a picture I copied off the other Afrispoor thread. Courtesy of Rudi P. Mine look the same.
    Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8 "Vuurhoutjie Boksie". Toyota Hi-Lux D4D 4x4 "Willebees" (My daily drive). Afrispoor Cheetah 2-Sleeper Easy Camper. Hyundai i20 1.6 (SWAMBO's daily drive).

My understanding of the QuickPitch is that it's a 4-sided tube when open. I believe the shower which hangs from the hoop that comes standard with the Cheetah is 3-sided, and the two loose ends slide into vertical slots on the side of the caravan. This allows you to access the hatch where the handheld shower rose and basin are situated. It would be interesting to see how difficult it is to access this hatch with the QuickPitch.

There is also the small matter of the cost of the QP. I hear it's around R10k vs zero cost for the standard unit.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Gen4 LWB Exceed
    Afrispoor Cheetah

This hatch:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	98 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	520191
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Gen4 LWB Exceed
    Afrispoor Cheetah

Must say my wife is very happy with the std side shower. It's big inside so that in the wind the sides don't stick to you. And it takes a couple of minutes to errect. I was thinking however of getting rid of the velcro straps and using heavy duty shower hooks, still looking at this option

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    My understanding of the QuickPitch is that it's a 4-sided tube when open. I believe the shower which hangs from the hoop that comes standard with the Cheetah is 3-sided, and the two loose ends slide into vertical slots on the side of the caravan. This allows you to access the hatch where the handheld shower rose and basin are situated. It would be interesting to see how difficult it is to access this hatch with the QuickPitch.

There is also the small matter of the cost of the QP. I hear it's around R10k vs zero cost for the standard unit.
    The Quickpitch has an open as standard that does allow access to the shower hatch. No hassle at all. It is not nearly as expensive, I paid far less than R5k for mine, and that was in January.
    I paid this with a smile, as it save the setting up of the standard one and no need for storage space for the standard one. When I bought my Cheetah the factory gave me discount for not taking the standard shower cubicle.
    Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8 "Vuurhoutjie Boksie". Toyota Hi-Lux D4D 4x4 "Willebees" (My daily drive). Afrispoor Cheetah 2-Sleeper Easy Camper. Hyundai i20 1.6 (SWAMBO's daily drive).

How small does the standard cubicle which they supply with the Cheetah pack up and where do you guys store it?
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.
    You probably heard people saying Africa is not for sissies. Well, neither is it for wussy equipment.
    Man who dies with most gear wins!

I store my cover in the side drawer and it takes up very little space

Packing space taken up by shower curtain

Herewith some more photos of the QuickPitch shower - black bag

Name:	32840B1B-7216-4A48-9AA7-01F4CB4C5C25.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	520323

Appologies, I donít know how to turn the photos

Name:	B86BB6B8-4891-4975-B3BB-7F9D96089D53.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	520324

Here showing the inside flap that can zip open

Name:	8986B306-3828-4C9D-AA9C-DFB2F461D721.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	520325

I was at the Malmesbury show the past weekend, the newer QuickPitch now has a silver lining inside which provides better privacy. The older model does show your silhouette if you shower with the lights on.

Name:	340F6D01-E273-4586-9483-1E33C5DF78E4.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	520331
    Rudi
    2014 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE
    Afrispoor Cheetah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2