Mara Triangle gates to open earlier in the day

Default Mara Triangle gates to open earlier in the day

For information (not quite sure what the last statement re closing time for ticketing means):

The Maasai Mara National Reserve has amended its opening times at all gates into the Mara Triangle. They now open at 06h00, half an hour earlier than the previously.
    Aruasa David, Tourism Officer at the Mara Conservancy, said previously all gates entering the Mara Triangle opened at 06h30. “From the beginning of this year, all our gates open at 06h00 daily, not only for specific lodges/camps.”

In addition, David pointed out that ticketing for tourists ended at 18h30 daily.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony Weaver For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mara Triangle gates to open earlier in the day

Thanks, Tony.

I would imagine it means that the gate closes at 1830 and park fees etc can’t be purchased after that time. Everyone has to be back in camp or at their lodge by 1900 and, even then, 1830 is rather late for getting to camp/lodge by 1900 bearing in mind the distances involved.

I have also read that the Mara Conservancy (Triangle) is planning on increasing the park fees sometime this year. This is also likely to mean that the “other” side (i.e. the Narok side) will similarly increase their fees, but I could be wrong. I will keep my ear to the ground.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wazungu Wawili For This Useful Post: